R22Ranger's 2012 WRX build

This is a discussion on R22Ranger's 2012 WRX build within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I plan on taking my time with this car and slowly building into something dreams are made of! The first ...

R22Ranger's 2012 WRX build

I plan on taking my time with this car and slowly building into something dreams are made of! The first thing i decided to add was a Kartboy ss with the bushing kit and a Cobb shift knob. I never thought i could hate a heat shield so much in my life. WRX exhaust heat shield 1 R22Ranger 0. I have the scars on my hands to prove it lol. I had a hard time trying to get the second bolt in the back bushing without cross threading. The way i did it was tighten the first bolt all the way down before getting the second one in. Another issue i ran into was getting the old circular bushing out. I had to use a pair of vice grips to tear it out and it was still a pita. After the bushings were done everything else was a breeze. I went into this thinking it would take me 30 minutes to an hour.... Boy was i wrong but the time i put in was definatley worth it. I did't want to get out of my car when it was finished but i had to tend to my wounds! lol
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0198.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	72.1 KB 
ID:	103491
    Last edited by R22Ranger; 03-26-2012 at 02:29 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    You are in good company.Most of us experienced the same issues with install that you did.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Go time!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0202.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	74.6 KB 
ID:	103692

See you hit 1k what is on your mod list?
    2011 WRX 345WHP/398WTQ E85
    My Build: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...uild-date.html

Current Mods:
    Kartboy STS with bushing kit
    Cobb shift knob

Future Mods:
    DP w/highflow cat (Still shopping for brand)
    CAI (Still shopping for brand)
    Cobb AP
    Dual Gauge Pod w/Boost and EGT Gauge (Prosport)
    Last edited by R22Ranger; 04-04-2012 at 08:17 PM.

Alright! You hit 1K. Good sh*t. That is pretty much what my mod list is looking like too. Now is the short shifter. I can't wait to get one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

I have similar aspirations. Will also add suspension mods to the list.

I removed the heat shield, which made the bushings a bit easier. But to be honest, it took me 3 hours all in all. I also removed the shifter stay arm (?) with the shift lever out so that the stock bushing removal was easier. Threading the rear bushing bolts took forever. It helped to thread them without the bushing to get an idea of the weird-ass angle they go in at. Live and learn....
    I have a low Reynolds number

TP Stage 1 - 2012 WRX Premium 5-Door SWP
    Pics!

Quote Originally Posted by R22Ranger View Post
    Current Mods:
    Kartboy STS with bushing kit
    Cobb shift knob

Future Mods:
    DP w/highflow cat (Still shopping for brand)
    CAI (Still shopping for brand)
    Cobb AP
    Dual Gauge Pod w/Boost and EGT Gauge (Prosport)
    Very nice. That is definetly a start. I guess my only question is why the AP would you not rather get a pro tune?

I was under the impression that a tuner can use the Cobb AP to tune the car... I haven't done much research into them yet but i was hoping to get a pro tune with the Cobb AP and have my stock map on there as well so i can reflash it back to stock if need be.

I was under the impression that a tuner can use the Cobb AP to tune the car... I haven't done much research into them yet but i was hoping to get a pro tune with the Cobb AP and have my stock map on there as well so i can reflash it back to stock if need be.
    Forget the AP and save yourself a few hundred bucks. Just buy a Tactrix 2.0 cable so you can hook up your computer to your car and flash a OTS map from Torqued Performance. He only charges $85 for his stage one or two and they are as safe to run as the AP's are. Just my two cents.
    12/27/11 - Ordered
    01/16/12 - Received
    2012 WRX Hatch World Rally Blue

Quote Originally Posted by Jabbathewhat View Post
    Forget the AP and save yourself a few hundred bucks. Just buy a Tactrix 2.0 cable so you can hook up your computer to your car and flash a OTS map from Torqued Performance. He only charges $85 for his stage one or two and they are as safe to run as the AP's are. Just my two cents.
    This is a good point but the ap is way morrow fictional cuz its got a bunch of gauges and functions. And ATR is really easy to use lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

Sorry for the late response been work. Yes you can do that with the AP but at the same time you can do that with a Tactrix as well. It all boils down to what is easier for you and if your tuner will download the race tuner software for the AP which you have to request by using your serial number on the back of your AP. All in all it is a personal preference.