New to the Stages! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on New to the Stages! within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by KronosPerformance You can also get one with a catalytic converter so you stay emissions legal as well. ...

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by KronosPerformance View Post
    You can also get one with a catalytic converter so you stay emissions legal as well.

Changing anything to do with emissions is illegal, period. And running a catted downpipe won't pass advanced smog testing in CO. (WARNING FOR BUYING CATTED DOWNPIPES!!!)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm also in Colorado, and where I am (Four Corners area), they don't test for emissions at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Monk_Knight View Post
    I'm also in Colorado, and where I am (Four Corners area), they don't test for emissions at all.

In my experience inspection criteria is set on a county by county basis, and your vehicle must be inspected in the county that it is registered in.

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    In my experience inspection criteria is set on a county by county basis, and your vehicle must be inspected in the county that it is registered in.
    I have lived in Colorado Springs for 5 years and they haven't ever "inspected" my vehicle. I just go to the DMV and pay and they give me my registration and a plate and that is all there is to it.

My sister lives up in Denver and I know they do require emissions testing up there.

It must just completely be based by county.

Monk_Knight, you in the Durango area?
    Last edited by Honda_K_Power; 04-27-2012 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Engrish is my fist langwudge I pwomise

Registration and safety inspection are two completely different things. As far as I know almost all counties require some sort of safety inspection, which usually entails making sure the lights, brakes, and horn works.. as well as checking for CELs. I guess you're just lucky, it looks like Colorado doesn't require safety inspections state wide like most states.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12