Calvinball's Saga: In which he blabs about anything related to his car...with pics! - Page 4
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Calvinball's Saga: In which he blabs about anything related to his car...with pics! within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Dang there is that much left when the car is showing empty!? I've always run my cars a full tank ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Dang there is that much left when the car is showing empty!?

I've always run my cars a full tank at a time. Only filling up every 2 weeks or so and all of my fill ups have been for 12.7 to 12.9 gallons only.

Subaru really wanted to be sure we never ran out of gas lol
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Fuel light doesn't mean you're empty. It means you're low. Warning light...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Fuel light doesn't mean you're empty. It means you're low. Warning light...
    Well yeah, I never let the light even turn on. So that makes perfect sense now. Man I could be getting like 315 miles to a tank if I did. Right now I get around 294 every fill up!

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR

It is a 16.9 gallon tank on the 3rd gens. When the fuel light comes on, I read that in the GDBs, that there are 2.3 gallons left (reserve amount)...so the reserve amount in your tank may be slightly higher.
    Looked at the manual, says the light for mine should come on with 2.6 gallons left. So it did come on almost a gallon and a half early. Hmm...
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    Well yeah, I never let the light even turn on. So that makes perfect sense now. Man I could be getting like 315 miles to a tank if I did. Right now I get around 294 every fill up!
    You must drive like a grandma, or not be using 2 of your cylinders or something I drive with the gas light on all the time...I only put gas in my car when I'm in NJ now anyway. Premium is roughly an average of 40 cents cheaper than Philly/PA premium.

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    Looked at the manual, says the light for mine should come on with 2.6 gallons left. So it did come on almost a gallon and a half early. Hmm...
    I'd say its never an exact science anyway. How you drive, G-forces you pull in turns, parking orientation up or downhill, etc. all come into play with that stupid little sensor. I've put 20 bucks in a tank which should net me a 1/3 tank of gas and the light wouldn't turn off. Get in the car the next morning and I'm just under half a tank
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

So, general consensus is I'm making a mountain out of a molehill and being an overly-paranoid new car owner?

I'm sure that's probably the case, especially since I was so used to the Acura where the fuel gauge didn't even start to move off of full until 75-100 miles. So when I see it go down to 3/4 after 60 miles I get all
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Both my truck and my WRX get roughly 12mpg. You all need to STFU.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    It's all relative. I'm thrilled to be getting what I'm getting, coming from a 5.9 L Jeep Grand Cherokee ... that also used premium. Averaged about 13/14.
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP Stage 2 93, Cobb DP, RAs, STS (the dream comes true ...)

I Support ClubWRX
    You must drive like a grandma
    Sadly yes I do. Although a grandma who knows how to have fun at least lol.

Premium is at almost $4 here and I'm not made out of money right now. I only really drive on the interstate and the speed limit is 55 around here so I'm "speeding" at 65 already. I have my boost fun on the on ramps though! I'm happy with my MPG

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR

I see you post on here all the time but have yet to see you around town. Yes, the speed limit is 55 here but that doesn't usually stop me. I usually get 19-20 mpg with my car but that is because it's all city driving. I've been able to get 24-26 on the highway though. Anyways, let's get some guys together for a meet n' greet soon as this is great weather for it.

Edit: Oops, sorry for the thread jack.

I Support ClubWRX
    Lol I know man! I've been looking for your car too.

If you want head over to this thread: The North GA & Southern Tenn Thread - Page 44 - NASIOC on NASIOC. We are in the planning stages of a group meet!

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Both my truck and my WRX get roughly 12mpg. You all need to STFU.
    Now now Jimmy...who's fault is that?

I always just fill up the tank. Its always in NJ bc its cheaper. My light comes on when the gauge is about 1/8th a tank.
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    Lol I know man! I've been looking for your car too.

If you want head over to this thread: The North GA & Southern Tenn Thread - Page 44 - NASIOC on NASIOC. We are in the planning stages of a group meet!
    YES! I told myself I have to ride the Tail before we move to Seattle! Plus, I haven't had the opportunity to ride it in the WRX. I'll do my best to free up some time to come.

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Now now Jimmy...who's fault is that?
    Subaru and GMC for not engineering a motor that puts out tons of power and is incredibly fuel efficient.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.