Calvinball's Saga: In which he blabs about anything related to his car...with pics! - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Calvinball's Saga: In which he blabs about anything related to his car...with pics! within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok, little update here. I talked to the NJ dealership, SOA, and my local PA dealership this morning. All regarding ...

Ok, little update here.

I talked to the NJ dealership, SOA, and my local PA dealership this morning. All regarding the no inspection issue. End result is that I have to pay for inspection on my brand new car. The NJ dealership says they didn't do it because I'm registering the car in PA, so they literally couldn't. Makes sense. I called SOA to see if they could set me up to go to a PA dealership and get this done. The guy was friendly and all, and talked to my local dealer, who I then called. They said they would treat it like any other inspection, full cost.

Not sure what I expected, as each dealership is separate from each other, but I was hoping for some kind of cheaper solution to this. Oh well, I guess I'll chalk it up to New Car First Time Buyer Gaffs. It's probably something I should've addressed with the dealership before I bought the car, but I didn't really think of it.

I would be interested to hear from anyone else who may have bought in another state, though. And maybe I should put an informative post in the Order thread in New Members. Or is this something that is general knowledge that I was out of the loop on?
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Same thing happened to me, except I bought from PA and reside in NJ....and our inspections are free, I just had to bring her to an inspection station.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    Ok, little update here.

I talked to the NJ dealership, SOA, and my local PA dealership this morning. All regarding the no inspection issue. End result is that I have to pay for inspection on my brand new car. The NJ dealership says they didn't do it because I'm registering the car in PA, so they literally couldn't. Makes sense. I called SOA to see if they could set me up to go to a PA dealership and get this done. The guy was friendly and all, and talked to my local dealer, who I then called. They said they would treat it like any other inspection, full cost.

Not sure what I expected, as each dealership is separate from each other, but I was hoping for some kind of cheaper solution to this. Oh well, I guess I'll chalk it up to New Car First Time Buyer Gaffs. It's probably something I should've addressed with the dealership before I bought the car, but I didn't really think of it.

I would be interested to hear from anyone else who may have bought in another state, though. And maybe I should put an informative post in the Order thread in New Members. Or is this something that is general knowledge that I was out of the loop on?
    I was kinda thinking it was general knowledge...I've been back and forth between living in these two states that it didn't even register with me that is why you didn't have inspection

The ***** of it is however, in NJ, a brand new car usually doesn't have to get inspected/emissions done for 4 or 5 years. PA, you still have to do it every year.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Ok, so they aren't just being ****s for not cutting me some kind of deal. If I had bought it at a PA dealership, though, would the inspection have been free?
    - Will

Yeah it would have had the inspection done as part of having to sell it in PA as a PA legal car. I bought a car in March that had a January inspection sticker on it...it had already passed, so they weren't going to reinspect it obviously.

My dealer offers free inspections though. I only have to pay for emissions (Fred Beans in Doylestown).
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter

Oh well, I'll just suck it up. My fiance's uncle works for Sussman, so for this (which isn't subaru specific) I think I'll go through him and get a discount.
    - Will

Ok, another potential issue has cropped up.

I'm on my second tank of gas now. The first one seemed to go very quickly, it was down a quarter by 60 miles and then the light came on somewhere around 225ish. I filled her up, and it only took 12.9 gallons. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I should have a 16.9 gallon tank?

So, I figured "huh?" but decided to see what would happen with the second tank. I've put 60 miles on the second tank and again, it is down a quarter. So it seems that the same thing is happening.

Is there some sort of calibration for the fuel gauge sensors that needs to happen? What the heck?
    - Will

I Support ClubWRX
    My 06 only has a 12.9 gallon tank. Not sure if they changed it since then.

I think your MPGs will settle down after the break in period. When your driving gets more stable.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    Ok, another potential issue has cropped up.

I'm on my second tank of gas now. The first one seemed to go very quickly, it was down a quarter by 60 miles and then the light came on somewhere around 225ish. I filled her up, and it only took 12.9 gallons. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I should have a 16.9 gallon tank?

So, I figured "huh?" but decided to see what would happen with the second tank. I've put 60 miles on the second tank and again, it is down a quarter. So it seems that the same thing is happening.

I guess the car takes some time with the break in to get the proper mileage. Im around 600-800 miles and still get around 22/gallon.

Is there some sort of calibration for the fuel gauge sensors that needs to happen? What the heck?

I guess the car takes times to get to its listed mileage. I have around 700 miles on the clock and Im averaging 22mpg

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    My 06 only has a 12.9 gallon tank. Not sure if they changed it since then.

I think your MPGs will settle down after the break in period. When your driving gets more stable.
    Nope...GDBs have a 15.9 gallon tank.

I only get 250 miles to a tank with mixed highway/city driving in my 05 STI.

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I only get 250 miles to a tank with mixed highway/city driving in my 05 STI.
    My '11 only seems to get me about 250 miles a tank as well. Averaging around 22mpg at 13,000 miles. Was kind of hoping for more distance, but at least it keeps weight down for performance purposes.
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP Stage 2 93, Cobb DP, RAs, STS (the dream comes true ...)

I Support ClubWRX
    I never fill up all the way.Less fuel,less weight,more mpg,more performance.Also, I lost 7lbs.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

The only time I fill my tank is if I'm going a far distance. Like a Victory Meet
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Yeah, when I filled up i was averaging 21.something. So mpg isn't the issue, I just swore I read that it was a 16.9 gallon tank, so I was confused when the light came on and it only needed 13 gallons to fill up.
    - Will

Yeah, when I filled up i was averaging 21.something. So mpg isn't the issue, I just swore I read that it was a 16.9 gallon tank, so I was confused when the light came on and it only needed 13 gallons to fill up.
    It is a 16.9 gallon tank on the 3rd gens. When the fuel light comes on, I read that in the GDBs, that there are 2.3 gallons left (reserve amount)...so the reserve amount in your tank may be slightly higher.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.