Calvinball's Saga: In which he blabs about anything related to his car...with pics! - Page 19
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021 LastLast

This is a discussion on Calvinball's Saga: In which he blabs about anything related to his car...with pics! within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Calvinball Mikie is en fuego!! Mi pantalones es en fuego!!!...

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    Mikie is en fuego!!
    Mi pantalones es en fuego!!!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What is this nonsense? A new car and not one single pic? Or a pic of you giving your prius one final hug goodbye? This is madness.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Quote Originally Posted by xFalleNx View Post
    What is this nonsense? A new car and not one single pic? Or a pic of you giving your prius one final hug goodbye? This is madness.
    Madness!?

THIS...IS...FUEL ECONOMY!!!!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Madness!?

THIS...IS...FUEL ECONOMY!!!!
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

****in repped for that Zachy Poo!
    - Will

hahahahahahaah dying
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    HAHAHAHAHA
    2015 CWP WRX STi on order ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax' Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    The REAL 'WTF Tuning?!' Progenitor
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero | Blobeye Synd. #Tree-Fiddy
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    Hahahahhahaha. So much win.
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

I Support ClubWRX
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38◊10-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

In other news...

Car was at the dealership for several days this week. For a while I occasionally heard the throwout bearing noise in the morning, depending on the temperature and humidity. The throwout bearing noise is a hissing that occurs when the clutch pedal is pressed down. By that I mean that the sound happens dependent on the pedal being down, and will continue to occur as long as the pedal is depressed whether the pedal is moving or not. Recently, though, I started to have another noise, more of a creaking, that occurred while the clutch pedal was in motion. It was getting worse and worse, so I emailed Glanzmann and just said I need an oil change and my clutch pedal is making noise. I got a reply very quickly that said bring her in, it's probably the throwout bearing, we'll give you a loaner.
    My 2013 Rex with 4k miles is giving me this noise at cold starts in the mornings. It's been going on for a couple of weeks, started when the temps started dropping. Noise is only when I have the clutch depressed, sounds like a "chattering" and goes away after a couple of minutes of driving, presumably once things warm up? Does this sound like your issue? It worries me that you had the whole clutch assembly replaced and it promptly came back....is this definitely the throwout bearing? I ddn't feel like I'm thatrough on the clutch for an issue so soon.....

Anyways, congrats on the new VeeDahb.

EDIT: I guess it is the throwout bearing, as my sound is pretty much exactly this one:

2011 Subaru Impreza WRX Clutch Squeal/Squeak (Video 4 of 4) - YouTube

Is this a bad TOB or just part of the design? I don't want to deal with a warranty claim and a loaner car if the noise will just come back with a new TOB. At thw same time I don't want to assume it's not a big deal and meanwhile my pressure plate gets damaged, like I have read from several people on NASIOC threads with a noise that seems similar to mine. Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Zitro; 10-22-2013 at 05:38 PM.
    **Stink-Eye Mob Member #96**

2013 Rex Hatch Rally Blue
    Crying over money spent on this car and my obsession with hi-fi/ audiophile goodies

"I would buy that car if I was the sort of person who looked at my sister and thought, mmmmmm." -Jeremy Clarkson, referencing the Ford Mustang

I emailed my dealership and let them know about the issue....we'll see what they say. This thread is not making me feel to optimistic about it though...apparently this is a common issue and if left unaddressed can cause damage to your clutch and/or pressure plate.

2011 Throw Out Bearing Noise - NASIOC

Crying over money spent on this car and my obsession with hi-fi/ audiophile goodies

"I would buy that car if I was the sort of person who looked at my sister and thought, mmmmmm." -Jeremy Clarkson, referencing the Ford Mustang

Quote Originally Posted by Zitro View Post
    My 2013 Rex with 4k miles is giving me this noise at cold starts in the mornings. It's been going on for a couple of weeks, started when the temps started dropping. Noise is only when I have the clutch depressed, sounds like a "chattering" and goes away after a couple of minutes of driving, presumably once things warm up? Does this sound like your issue? It worries me that you had the whole clutch assembly replaced and it promptly came back....is this definitely the throwout bearing? I ddn't feel like I'm thatrough on the clutch for an issue so soon.....

Anyways, congrats on the new VeeDahb.

EDIT: I guess it is the throwout bearing, as my sound is pretty much exactly this one:

2011 Subaru Impreza WRX Clutch Squeal/Squeak (Video 4 of 4) - YouTube

Is this a bad TOB or just part of the design? I don't want to deal with a warranty claim and a loaner car if the noise will just come back with a new TOB. At thw same time I don't want to assume it's not a big deal and meanwhile my pressure plate gets damaged, like I have read from several people on NASIOC threads with a noise that seems similar to mine. Any help would be appreciated.
    I emailed my dealership and let them know about the issue....we'll see what they say. This thread is not making me feel to optimistic about it though...apparently this is a common issue and if left unaddressed can cause damage to your clutch and/or pressure plate.

2011 Throw Out Bearing Noise - NASIOC
    Thanks for the congrats! Well, all I can say is this. I also was getting the throwout bearing noise on certain mornings and it would go away after warming up. Conventional internet wisdom said "that's normal, lots of owners hear that." Now, remember, when I took it in it was mostly because I was hearing another noise along with that one.

When I picked up the car after they addressed the throwout bearing, I was told that when they got it apart, it was "shredded in there." I definitely am not an abusive driver, I had 120k miles on the original clutch of my previous car. So my suggestion to anyone hearing any clutch related noises is definitely have the dealership look at it while it's still under warranty.

The noise that came back was the second noise, which ended up being the fork and something else, I can't recall exactly what.
    - Will

Thanks for the congrats! Well, all I can say is this. I also was getting the throwout bearing noise on certain mornings and it would go away after warming up. Conventional internet wisdom said "that's normal, lots of owners hear that." Now, remember, when I took it in it was mostly because I was hearing another noise along with that one.

When I picked up the car after they addressed the throwout bearing, I was told that when they got it apart, it was "shredded in there." I definitely am not an abusive driver, I had 120k miles on the original clutch of my previous car. So my suggestion to anyone hearing any clutch related noises is definitely have the dealership look at it while it's still under warranty.

The noise that came back was the second noise, which ended up being the fork and something else, I can't recall exactly what.
    I contacted the dealership I bought the car from and I'm giving them a visit a week from Monday to take her in....I asked for a loaner BRZ and he laughed lol. Fortunately they will give me another loaner and see what's going on. Oddly enough, it DIDN'T make the noise this morning and it was 47 degrees and very wet outside. We'll see what happens. I'd take it to them this Monday, but I'm driving down to Nameless Performance to have them install my CBE

Was also going to get the COBB AP V3 from them while I was there, but with this TOB issue coming up, it made me think and I decided I'd rather not risk having a warranty claim denied so I'll pass for now.

I contacted the dealership I bought the car from and I'm giving them a visit a week from Monday to take her in....I asked for a loaner BRZ and he laughed lol. Fortunately they will give me another loaner and see what's going on. Oddly enough, it DIDN'T make the noise this morning and it was 47 degrees and very wet outside. We'll see what happens. I'd take it to them this Monday, but I'm driving down to Nameless Performance to have them install my CBE

Was also going to get the COBB AP V3 from them while I was there, but with this TOB issue coming up, it made me think and I decided I'd rather not risk having a warranty claim denied so I'll pass for now.
    Yeah, for a while the noise was inconsistent with mine as well. It was once it was pretty consistent and the other noise cropped up that I finally decided to take it in.
    - Will

Yeah, for a while the noise was inconsistent with mine as well. It was once it was pretty consistent and the other noise cropped up that I finally decided to take it in.
    We'll see what they say. Thanks for your responses. Curious to see what loaner they scrounge up for me lol. At least it will be an opportunity to pick the service managers brain and see how mod-friendly they are.