Calvinball's Saga: In which he blabs about anything related to his car...with pics! - Page 11
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Calvinball's Saga: In which he blabs about anything related to his car...with pics! within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by WRXpa +1 on the TP stage 1 tunes. Awesome value and it has actually quelled my need ...

Quote Originally Posted by WRXpa View Post
    +1 on the TP stage 1 tunes. Awesome value and it has actually quelled my need for speed for the next few months. Now I have started dumping some money into replacing the terrible audio system...next is stage 2, suspension mods then 9.5 in wheels and all that good stuff :beer:
    +2 on TP stage 1, it's a great map and really improved how the car feels in gears 1-3.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mcdbrendan View Post
    +2 on TP stage 1, it's a great map and really improved how the car feels in gears 1-3.
    f that lol just start stock piling parts. Im TP stage 3.xx and it is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by wrx50 View Post
    f that lol just start stock piling parts. Im TP stage 3.xx and it is amazing.
    Mod list?
    I have a low Reynolds number

TP Stage 1 - 2012 WRX Premium 5-Door SWP
    Pics!

Quote Originally Posted by WRXpa

Mod list?
    Check my signature for my build. Everything is required except the fuel pump and spark plugs. Must have at least 35% window tint and r/a mud flaps too

Greg

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Quote Originally Posted by wrx50 View Post
    Check my signature for my build. Everything is required except the fuel pump and spark plugs. Must have at least 35% window tint and r/a mud flaps too

Greg

Cool build your working on there. Not to be a downer, but wouldn't Stage 3 be a turbo upgrade? I'd think you are currently at Stage 2+. I guess its all semantics after a certain point..
    I have a low Reynolds number

TP Stage 1 - 2012 WRX Premium 5-Door SWP
    Pics!

Quote Originally Posted by WRXpa View Post
    Cool build your working on there. Not to be a downer, but wouldn't Stage 3 be a turbo upgrade? I'd think you are currently at Stage 2+. I guess its all semantics after a certain point..
    It is all just semantics. Cobb first started all the "Stage" bull**** when they first started with the AP. Stage 4 is technically when you get to a Turbo upgrade.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by WRXpa

Eric at TP calls the tune a stage 3 tune. That's just what he calls it

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm going to be getting a protune from Eric as well
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    You using Harvey's dyno?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister
    He does good work. Are you local to him? Mine was an e tune

Quote Originally Posted by Honda_K_Power View Post
    P0420 Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold

Ya, that's weak, I'm pretty sure I just turned that code off in K-Pro, but I don't even have that sensor in the test pipe. Which race header did you use? I was getting an error with the O2 before too where I just had to have some of the wires put back in to the plug correctly where they had kind of slipped out.

Oh well, someone else's problem now. CEL PTSD lol
    I've been really bad about not noticing questions in my own thread haha.

I had what was called the Kiddracing header when I bought it. It later because the ClubRSX header.

I only had a reflash, so no kpro to turn off the cel.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Don't have a heck of a lot new to report. I've taken the rex on several long road trips and I've found her to be, aside from gas mileage, quite the decent highway car. Seats are comfortable enough, I experience only as much discomfort as I have in any other car after sitting in it for 8 hours, maybe even a little less. Gas mileage is only an issue when I compare it to my fiancee's car which would probably be getting us over 30 mpg.

I have decided that I will probably be getting a Torqued Performance stage 1 tune sooner rather than later, after doing some reading here and there about the stock map possibly being not too great for the car. That's debatable, I know, but it's as good an excuse as any.

I did have something odd happen to me today, however, which I'm going to note here before going to the tech forum or the dealer. Maybe I'll get some thoughts from you guys, but if it happens again it's definitely going to the dealership. Unfortunately it's probably one of those "we were unable to replicate the problem" problems.

I was at a red light waiting to turn left when I noticed that I didn't hear my blinker anymore. I look down, and sure enough the indicator in the dash was not blinking. What was blinking, however, was the TPMS light. I confirmed that the blinker was on, tried turning it off then on again, still no dice. Nothing was wrong with how the car was running, though of course I was at a stop. I revved the engine to make 2500 rpms and it sounded normal. By the time the light turned green, the TPMS light had stopped blinking and the blinker indicator was going again. It was daylight and I had no angle with which to check a reflection to see if the blinkers themselves were actually blinking, or if they were not along with the dash indicator light.

No new pictures, for some reason I have been extremely bad about keeping the car clean. I used to be very particular and washed my old cars probably every other weekend. I don't know if it's an age thing, or that I've bought into the Subaru image that it's a rough and tumble tool rather than a showy primadonna, or if it's just that I subconsciously know that I intend to keep this car for many many years and therefore am not worried about it being pristine for reselling. Probably a combination of all three.

I have one more thing to say; although the outbound trip it was raining, and the inbound trip I was stuck behind a slowtorcyle for about half of it, the Kancamagus Highway in New Hampshire is pretty fantastic.
    - Will

A little update on the odd TPMS issue:

Yesterday while driving home from work it happened again. Over and over. The manual states that the light should operate in one of two ways.

1) It is lit up. This means that one or more tires is out of range.
    2) It blinks for a minute, then is on steady. This means that there is a problem with the system itself.

For me is was blinking for random lengths of time, then either vanishing or staying lit for a brief period then going away. That doesn't seem to match either description of it's functioning according to the manual. And my turn indicators (blinkers) continued to not function whenever the light is on, whether blinking or steady.

I got home and checked pressures. Fronts were a little over 40, rears around 38. Now, it was warm out and the car had only been sitting for 10 minutes or so after driving, but that's still pretty high compared to recommended pressures. So I bled out a few psi from all tires. Later I drove down to the Phillies game and back, and did not have the light appear in any way.

Still, the system does not seem to be functioning correctly. I can't imagine that it is intended for the blinkers to stop working while the TPMS light is on, that is very unsafe. I didn't even want to change lanes when this was occurring, felt very uncomfortable. So, the dealership will be getting a call tomorrow morning.
    - Will

Putting these bad boys on should've only taken 15-20 minutes. I got one of the stock wheels off and found that my suspicions were confirmed: the steelies I bought lightly used did end up having the correct center bore so that I did not need centering rings.

However.

I started to bolt my sweet steel wheel on, the lug nut stopped screwing, and I found that there was still about a 1-2 cm gap. Stock lug nuts aren't deep enough! Should've seen that coming, of course the steel wheels might be thinner than the stock aluminums or alloys (whichever they are).

So I had to throw the stock wheel back on and run to the nearest auto store. All hopes of completing this task before the sun was completely down were now dashed. I ended up having to buy a set that is entirely comprised of wheel locks. Which I hate. Oh well, the winters are on now, which will make repairing (hopefully) the summer tire that I discovered a nail in that much easier!
    - Will

I Support ClubWRX
    I like the way it looks!
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!