need help with build 450hp+
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on need help with build 450hp+ within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; ive got an 04 wrx putting in 2.1 stroker kit forged pistons................ now what ? i need like a list ...

need help with build 450hp+

ive got an 04 wrx putting in 2.1 stroker kit forged pistons................ now what ? i need like a list of what i need to do so i can start looking for people to do it. i live in michigan SE that is near ohio. need names and contacts. everything from clutch to injectors im buying perrin set-up, what kind of turbo something that will last i heard turbonetics ? using 2.5 oil pan and pick-up upgraded oil pump so that perrin headers will fit. do i even need to worry about cams and should i get good springs and retainers even without the cam upgrade ? first turbo car first subaru im lost and need help motor is apart and parts are on the way project will begin next week i kinda need start to finish lists for what works

thanks everyone that helps i need info and dont know where to start

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

my cell # 734-286-8272 email is diamondd416@gmail.com
    my motor blew and im tryin to do this rite first time around

My best advise would be to figure out who will be tuning the car and ask them what it takes to get 450hp out of their dyno with your car, then go from there.

Not trying to be rude, but I hope you know how ridiculous of a number 450awhp is.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

what should i be shooting for ?
    hp im putting in good internals im looking for atleast 400

I Support ClubWRX
    Sound advice about choosing your tuning shop and asking them. They'll know their dyno/work best.

That said, there are many ways to skin a cat. I would go rotated over stock location. You'll hit your numbers more efficiently (READ: safer). A GTX30R, for example, shouldn't have trouble on E85/pump+meth, if not pump alone.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

What you should be shooting for is up to you. I'm just saying that 450awhp is a very high goal. You're in for a lot and a lot of money.

As I said, get together with your tuner and discuss your goals and a plan to achieve them.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

need help with 450+ build

ive got an 04 wrx putting in 2.1 stroker kit forged pistons................ now what ? i need like a list of what i need to do so i can start looking for people to do it. i live in michigan SE that is near ohio. need names and contacts. everything from clutch to injectors im buying perrin set-up, what kind of turbo something that will last i heard turbonetics ? using 2.5 oil pan and pick-up upgraded oil pump so that perrin headers will fit. do i even need to worry about cams and should i get good springs and retainers even without the cam upgrade ? first turbo car first subaru im lost and need help motor is apart and parts are on the way project will begin next week i kinda need start to finish lists for what works

thanks everyone that helps i need info and dont know where to start

atleast 400 hp i want my cell is 734-286-8272

diamondd416@gmail.com

ok will do thanks

I Support ClubWRX
    you probably need to post a few shops here, catch a few reviews from us about the shops, choose one your comfortable with then talk to them about your build. We can tell you what you should do all day long, but that pertains typically to our dyno. We are all willing to help but what it boils down to is nobody knows the dyno you choose better than the technician trained to run it.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    You're gonna need headwork and cams if you wanna make it there easy.

holy crap u guys wasnt kiddin $$$$$$$$$$$ lol thanks for the heads up

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxdiamondr6 View Post
    holy crap u guys wasnt kiddin $$$$$$$$$$$ lol thanks for the heads up
    Yep. My friend just recently cut a check for $23K to fully rebuild his 08 STI, and he's still short of 450awhp (on their dyno).
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

I Support ClubWRX
    Holy crap. I'm glad I was only going for 300ish with my build. And that put a strain on the finances for a little while.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by lokey View Post
    Yep. My friend just recently cut a check for $23K to fully rebuild his 08 STI, and he's still short of 450awhp (on their dyno).
    He's doing it wrong. My tuner is over 550 and is in it (motor and turbo) less than 15.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    He's doing it wrong. My tuner is over 550 and is in it (motor and turbo) less than 15.
    True, he probably could have have got more power for less. That cost also includes motor/internals, turbo, trans, clutch, 50/50 hydramist, tune and other goodies.
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.