2012 STI first mod help

This is a discussion on 2012 STI first mod help within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi, I just bought a 2012 STI sport tech and I am doing the following mods. Invidia Catted Downpipe Invidia ...

2012 STI first mod help

Hi, I just bought a 2012 STI sport tech and I am doing the following mods.

Invidia Catted Downpipe

Invidia Q300 Cat-back Exhaust

COBB Accessport

Tomei Headers (Unequal Length)

Cobb SF Intake and Airbox

ProTune with Dyno
    What else can I do to get more HP and TQ with out melting pistons or braking the bank?
    thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new STi!

If you're getting upgraded headers, may as well upgrade the up-pipe to an EWG setup. Also prob want to look at an upgraded fuel pump, and a EBCS will allow your tuner to be more aggressive. I'd suggest going the Nameless Performance TBE route though, dyno proven to show better gains. And its nice to know that they are all hand made quality parts in the USA, as opposed to mass produced chinese parts that are made for next to nothing and then sold for a billion times profit. Jus sayin

Good luck on the build! P.S get some pics up!
    Justin ~ 2011 WRX (WRB Sedan) ~ 275whp/299wtq

Build Thread Beloww:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...-2011-wrx.html

ok, thanks. With all of that done what can I expect for HP?

Quote Originally Posted by waytofast View Post
    With all of that done what can I expect for HP?
    That all depends on your tuner/dyno.

May I ask why you want to replace the headers and not go with an EWG set up? Or even go with headers/ect over other mods such as EBCS/IC/Fuel upgrades?
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Well I want the entire exhust done and it sounds sweet. Whay is an EWG set up? I want all of the upgrades in time.

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    The 2.5 motors are tough motors and pistons really don't melt...if people have any issues, its usually piston ring oriented. If you're melting pistons, something is majorly wrong with what you're doing.

An external wastegate setup allows for better boost control and will help improve spool up capability because there is less turbulence in the exhaust side of the turbocharger vs. an internal setup.

Whenever you're ready to get those parts, let me know. If you want some more advice, feel free to PM me.
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! - www.kronosperformance.com - Call/Text 732-742-8837 |
    AIM Screenname - KronosParts | GoogleTalk - sales@kronosperformance.com | Military Discount
    Kronos has Special Pricings on Process West & Agency Power!
    CONTACT US DIRECTLY FOR SPECIALS AND PROMOTIONS

awsome, thanks a lot. I am new to the tuner world but we have always wanted a STI. Can I do the headers and catback and the EWG?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by waytofast View Post
    awsome, thanks a lot. I am new to the tuner world but we have always wanted a STI. Can I do the headers and catback and the EWG?
    Yes you can. It can be a little pricey to do the EWG setup and you of course would need a professional tune afterwards.

I know you want to do everything but you want to be realistic as to what you want to start with and progress to. All these parts you're stating could easily cost you a few thousand so it really depends on what you're aiming to do.

If you want to talk more, let me know.
    AIM Screenname - KronosParts | GoogleTalk - sales@kronosperformance.com | Military Discount

Yep GrimmSpeed has a bolt up EWG for your car but you will not be able to use the Tomei header because there uppipe will not bolt to it. You will have to buy a header with a factory up pipe flange or you could get your exhaust manifolds ported and a cross pipe from GrimmSpeed. But I would say with the mods that you have listed you should be right at 300awhp and 340+awtq

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by sjcurtis View Post
    Yep GrimmSpeed has a bolt up EWG for your car but you will not be able to use the Tomei header because there uppipe will not bolt to it. You will have to buy a header with a factory up pipe flange or you could get your exhaust manifolds ported and a cross pipe from GrimmSpeed. But I would say with the mods that you have listed you should be right at 300awhp and 340+awtq
    What he said.

ok, thanks