sti swap help

This is a discussion on sti swap help within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My friend has a 06 sti that he swap the drive train into a 02 wrx now he's looking at ...

sti swap help

My friend has a 06 sti that he swap the drive train into a 02 wrx now he's looking at getting a built 05 sti motor. Can he use the 06 sti ecu ? Will he have to change the wiring harness . Someone told him if he use the wrx ecu he can't do something with the cam's . If anyone has any ideas or comment thanks .

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew2112 View Post
    My friend has a 06 sti that he swap the drive train into a 02 wrx now he's looking at getting a built 05 sti motor. Can he use the 06 sti ecu ? Will he have to change the wiring harness . Someone told him if he use the wrx ecu he can't do something with the cam's . If anyone has any ideas or comment thanks .
    They are referring to AVCS vs Non AVCS cams.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.