Justin's 2011 WRX - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Justin's 2011 WRX within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Eric05mx How do you like the oem red foot well lights? I was thinking about getting them ...

Quote Originally Posted by Eric05mx View Post
    How do you like the oem red foot well lights? I was thinking about getting them to match the rest of the interior lighting. Just didn't want them to be too bright.
    Honestly love them man, they add a nice subtle accent to the interior to make it feel a little more expensive. They are not too bright at all if you are worried about that. Though I'm fairly certain they share the dimming switch associated with the gauge clusters as well if you did have issues. I've had them in so long I don't even notice them at all anymore, though I can tell you I wouldn't want to be without them
    Justin ~ 2011 WRX (WRB Sedan) ~ 275whp/299wtq

Build Thread Beloww:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...-2011-wrx.html

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Maher_WRX View Post
    Honestly love them man, they add a nice subtle accent to the interior to make it feel a little more expensive. They are not too bright at all if you are worried about that. Though I'm fairly certain they share the dimming switch associated with the gauge clusters as well if you did have issues. I've had them in so long I don't even notice them at all anymore, though I can tell you I wouldn't want to be without them
    the blue lights are cooler haha
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Thanks man, how is the install?
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

I Support ClubWRX
    Sooo happy about making the move to stage 2 bro, honestly couldn't drive another wrx or sti without stage 2, its that addicting haha thanks for the approval Greg, i'll have more mods, more power, more videos to come. After all, I have a lot to do to catch up to you yet! haha
    Things are about to get ugly over here, so don't follow me!! I've been eyeballing a few of the things I'm seeing here - 2011 Silver WRX Build To Date.
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackwrx View Post
    the blue lights are cooler haha
    Yous crazyyy foo! Or was that a pun? haha I only chose red to match the rest of the interior accents, I do love the blue though

Thanks man, how is the install?
    Actually can't comment on that one bro, I had my dealer install them. This was back when the only mod I had done was a factory installed short throw shifter. I would certainly tackle the install today If I were to redo it. Not sure if there are any writeups for a DIY on here or perhaps 3gwrx, iwsti or Nasioc?

Quote Originally Posted by lokey View Post
    Things are about to get ugly over here, so don't follow me!! I've been eyeballing a few of the things I'm seeing here - 2011 Silver WRX Build To Date.
    Oh snap lol I think I'd be better off if I didn't spend so much time on clubwrx... Badddd influence on my wallet haha

In all honesty though, I am probably good for power for a while, and definitely will not go beyond TP Stage 3 (TP stage 2 + TMIC, Fuel Pump, GS EBCS, Spark Plugs) with my WRX. Gonna start saving to buy an STi in a few years. Crossing fingers that the next generation doesn't make me vomit, considering the 'concept' drawings and pictures online haha

Roof and bumper vinyls to go on tomorrow. I'll post pics

Build Thread Beloww:

I Support ClubWRX
    Yous crazyyy foo! Or was that a pun? haha I only chose red to match the rest of the interior accents, I do love the blue though
    My car came with the blue lights, but im a fan of the color blue so i would always choose those over red
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

I just bought this downpipe and was wondering what you meant by the up pipe heat shield being in the way. It should clear should it not?

Quote Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
    I just bought this downpipe and was wondering what you meant by the up pipe heat shield being in the way. It should clear should it not?
    You'll see what I mean when you go to install the new Downpipe. In order to remove the stock downpipe, an uppipe heat shield has to be removed, as it blocks you from accessing the bottom two bolts on the stock downpipe from under the car. Once I installed the new downpipe, I found that the shape of it prevented me from reinstalling the stock uppipe heat shield. It doesn't really affect anything, though it may prevent you from using all of the bolts when reinstalling the turbo heat shield.

I probably won't be able to get pictures for you, as I doubt I'm going to take out my ramps and jacks and get the car up and crawl underneath it for a pic :P

Trust me when I say though, when you go to install the new downpipe, you will know exactly what I mean man. My tuner told me that almost all downpipe prevents Reinstalling the uppipe heatshield. Otherwise; the heat shield would probably have to be hacked and cut to be made to fit.

If you got any more questions, let me know man!

Justin

Build Thread Beloww:

How's the FMS DP holding up? My Nameless axleback will be here tomorrow and I think this DP is the next step...
    pauller
    2013 Stage 2 SWP WRX Sedan
    Invidia Q300 Ti Tip-Tomei 3in Catless Downpipe- Cobb AP w/ Stage 2+ 93 Map-Cobb SF Intake

Jeepers, haven't been on here in ages.... time to update a few things haha

EDIT: The new rotors in conjunction with the Hawk HPS pads and upgraded brake fluid made a huge improvement over the stock setup. With only 30K kms on the car, the stock rotors were already warped badly so they had to be replaced. Brake pedal feel remains almost identical to stock, but when you have to get on them, there is noticeable increased stopping power as well as increased fading resistance.

My car sounds rediculously aggressive now. Full 3" straight pipes (Nameless Catback w/FMS catless downpipe) with just a single resonator. Combine that with a Grimmspeed 44mm EWG and it... lets just say draws quite some attention

I'll post up some videos soon of the exhaust and whatnot, I've gotten so many compliments on how badass it sounds, this coming from friends who own EVOs/STis and some others who own Mustangs/Camaros

Also just mounted some 235/45R17 Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4 winter tires onto my stock wheels for my new winter setup as my old Dunlops had worn out after only 2 summers use The Michelins on the other hand... unbelievable. The amount of grip and traction they provide in the wet, cold, dry, snow, ice etc. is just fantastic. Miles and miles better than the Subaru Winter package (winter tires/steelie combo) that I had used the previous two winters. For comparison, when it was really wet in the summer, my car would often spin its tires through the top of first gear in a straight line on the OEM dunlops. With -2 degrees temperature outside, and the roads soaking wet, the Michelins weren't even phased running through first and second in a straight line. I was actually blown away with how well they gripped. They also provide very good feedback for a winter tire and very responsive. I guess thats why they call them an Ultra High Performance winter tire :P

What's next? Who knows. I'm torn about whether to continue with my WRX or trade it in on an STi next year when the 2014 model arrives. Will definitely be looking to build a motor regardless, probably run a Dom1.5xtr or larger with some Kelford 264 or 272 cams, upgraded valve springs, maybe even a mild pnp on my heads so I'm thinking the STi would be a better base to start with as I would never have to worry about my transmission holding the 450+ wtq :P

Anyone feel free to chime in on their opinions as to what you guys think would be the better route for me to take
    Last edited by J_Maher_WRX; 12-09-2012 at 08:59 PM.

Build Thread Beloww:

I sorta wish I had bought performance winter tires too but I got the Altimax Arctics on the stock wheels. Overall, they are great for the price so far. Haven't had much snow yet but they don't feel bad on the car.

If your getting into the turbo upgrade and built motor just be prepared to spend more money than you expect. I was considering it all myself but after more research and talking to a few people I've decided to stay where I'm at. So it all depends on your financial situation and what you use the car for.

I sorta wish I had bought performance winter tires too but I got the Altimax Arctics on the stock wheels. Overall, they are great for the price so far. Haven't had much snow yet but they don't feel bad on the car.

If your getting into the turbo upgrade and built motor just be prepared to spend more money than you expect. I was considering it all myself but after more research and talking to a few people I've decided to stay where I'm at. So it all depends on your financial situation and what you use the car for.
    Yeah man I know what you mean, the built Motor plus turbo and other supporting mods rack up the $$ fast. I've decided to trade the wrx in on an STi next fall for sure. At least then I can just build the stock motor which will be cheaper than building a second block on the side for the wrx, along with a built transmission, cause I know I'll be getting into power levels that the stock trans just won't be happy with

Sooo, plan is to get a CBS STi Limited next fall, and build the **** out of it haha question is, will it be the next gen STi or will they run one last year of the current style?? I honestly think that if they just released the SE Cholo editions, it would only make sense for them to do that in the last year of that styles production. So I'm thinking 2014 will herald the next gen STi, hope the god it looks ok haha

Build Thread Beloww:

I would definitely upgrade to an STi instead of putting $10-$15k into a wrx. Not only would that bury you in debt but the car would be less reliable and worth less than if stock. It's tough to say what the new STi will be like but I wouldn't buy the first model year of anything.

I would definitely upgrade to an STi instead of putting $10-$15k into a wrx. Not only would that bury you in debt but the car would be less reliable and worth less than if stock. It's tough to say what the new STi will be like but I wouldn't buy the first model year of anything.
    Yeah for sure bro, only thing is I hate how heavy the current model STi is at over 3400 lbs I do agree with you though, might be risky buying the first year production of a new generation, but it would be probably be less risky than keeping my wrx an extr year that is already modded :P

Upgrading the wrx to the point I want would honestly be just tooo much effing around. I just love the STi's drivetrain and how bulletproof it is, all I have to do is build the engine and its not hard to have a very reliable 400+whp/wtq daily driver.

Build Thread Beloww:

Just ordered some Racecomp Engineering Sway bars (25.5mm f/r hollow bars) along with some Front/Rear Kartboy endlinks. Excited to see the difference in handling, especially once I get my summer wheels and 255 tires on

Build Thread Beloww:

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast