Justin's 2011 WRX - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Justin's 2011 WRX within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; No not in that warm of weather yet...

I Support ClubWRX
    No not in that warm of weather yet
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by J_Maher_WRX View Post
    Thanks man! I try really hard to keep it looking brand new lol I actually just use spray nine man on the exhaust tips, along with a really hard sponge scrub brush lol although I do wash the car almost every day, every second day for sure during the spring and summer... I'm a bit of a clean freak

If you haven't polished your tips in a while though it'll take some work to get them looking like mine lol like after the winter I'll prob have to spend a half hour or more on just the tips alone to make sure I get every little spec of dirt cleaned off
    That's a lot of washing but it looks great! I used some Mother's Stainless Polish on my SPT tips Monday and it came out pretty good.

Got a few scrapes on my hands/wrists but it was worth it. Need to get in the with a stuff brush next time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333713907.404880.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by lokey View Post
    Dude, I just saw this! Congrats on making the jump, and thanks for the blame...er....I mean credit. I see you're also planning on a PW TMIC. Though its price tag is hard to swallow, it will open up many other mod opportunities (even a 20G) without worrying about heat soak. Be sure to post some logs after you get that TP Stage 2 tune going. For awhile there, I was hearing nothing but good things about TP....but now that it's got warmer, I've got a couple mixed reviews. The goods news is that Eric is apparently great at following up and making adjustments for his customers.

"Bulletproof" TMIC mod? School me...

....nevermind, found it. Hmm....I'm not too sure about this one.

Yeah, had to throw your name out there Greg as your car has been a great inspiration man

Im not too worried about the "Bulletproof" modification, after all it was actually designed by an engineer. I have the official drawings and specifications so that I can now fabricate a copy for myself (I'll be an engineer in a couple of years when i graduate :P).

I also think it will be fine since I don't really beat on the car much at all, rarely ever do I go WOT for several runs in a short period. It might also help that our summer here in Newfoundland, which is pretty far out remember, only sees ~ 28 degrees Celcius maximum during the summer LOL and thats on a rare day...

And I've spoke to Eric extensively about the stock TMIC and the possible issues and I've come to trust his judgement considering how open and helpful he has been in answering my dozens of questions... lol

My downpipe and other stufff should be here next thursday according to FedEx, so I will be posting some pictures and reviews once I make the jump!
    Justin ~ 2011 WRX (WRB Sedan) ~ 275whp/299wtq

Build Thread Beloww:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...-2011-wrx.html

The exhaust looks good man! Yeah I do tend to wash my car quite a bit. I come home from school or work, and if there is dirt on the car and it is nice out, I have to wash it then so that it looks perfect again

Build Thread Beloww:

White is better , i found this post while searching the tmic mod you were telling me about hahaha...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Maher_WRX View Post
    Yeah, had to throw your name out there Greg as your car has been a great inspiration man

Im not too worried about the "Bulletproof" modification, after all it was actually designed by an engineer. I have the official drawings and specifications so that I can now fabricate a copy for myself (I'll be an engineer in a couple of years when i graduate :P).

I also think it will be fine since I don't really beat on the car much at all, rarely ever do I go WOT for several runs in a short period. It might also help that our summer here in Newfoundland, which is pretty far out remember, only sees ~ 28 degrees Celcius maximum during the summer LOL and thats on a rare day...

And I've spoke to Eric extensively about the stock TMIC and the possible issues and I've come to trust his judgement considering how open and helpful he has been in answering my dozens of questions... lol

My downpipe and other stufff should be here next thursday according to FedEx, so I will be posting some pictures and reviews once I make the jump!
    I glad I inspired you, Justin. You may not want to follow me from this point on though, if you care about your warranty. Things are about to get a little too crazy for most.

As with any mod, as long as you I do all of the needed research, I don't worry. If you've checked out the "bulletproof" tmic mod and all is well, hell, go for it. Worst case scenario - you break the stock tmic and have to get a Process West. With the summer heat that we experience here (coupled with my driving habits), I'm pretty sure I couldn't get away with the stock tmic, even on a conservative stage 2 tune.

Stage 2 day counter: 3
    Greg
    Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

Quote Originally Posted by Saunders1986 View Post
    White is better , i found this post while searching the tmic mod you were telling me about hahaha...
    White is teh sex, but the blue adds more HP and is more aerodynamic. And that's your first post on the site??? You plug lmao

Build Thread Beloww:

I glad I inspired you, Justin. You may not want to follow me from this point on though, if you care about your warranty. Things are about to get a little too crazy for most.

As with any mod, as long as you I do all of the needed research, I don't worry. If you've checked out the "bulletproof" tmic mod and all is well, hell, go for it. Worst case scenario - you break the stock tmic and have to get a Process West. With the summer heat that we experience here (coupled with my driving habits), I'm pretty sure I couldn't get away with the stock tmic, even on a conservative stage 2 tune.

Stage 2 day counter: 3
    Yeah I think stage 2 will satisfy my power hunger... For now

And those were my thoughts as well, considering I can perform the bulletproof mod for less than $50, I couldn't see any reason not to try it out, considering all other variables. I think eventually that TP stage 3 will prob become my end goal. I certainly have no interest in swapping injectors or turbos or anything like that on the 5spd haha

Dude, you don't understand, I can't even sleep at night I'm that excited lmao I will say though, I am jealous of your setup man, pretty much exactly what I would like to have at somepoint in the future. Prob not till I get my STi though, cause then I'll be racing in Targa

Build Thread Beloww:

I Support ClubWRX
    You may not want to follow me from this point on though, if you care about your warranty.
    Okay,so up until now all the mods done are covered.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Okay,so up until now all the mods done are covered.
    Definitely. ....well, except my RA mudflaps. I put insurance on those bad boys.
    Greg
    Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

What engine can you do, if any. That will not void the warranty. My plan is:

Cobb AP
    Cold Air intake
    lightened pulley's
    grimmspeed boost control solenoid
    headers
    manifold
    down pipe
    exhaust
    ..and of course pro tuned

This is my first Subi and just got a 2012 Dark Grey WRX, so the mods may not being come soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyse View Post
    What engine can you do, if any. That will not void the warranty. My plan is:

Cobb AP
    Cold Air intake
    lightened pulley's
    grimmspeed boost control solenoid
    headers
    manifold
    down pipe
    exhaust
    ..and of course pro tuned

This is my first Subi and just got a 2012 Dark Grey WRX, so the mods may not being come soon.
    It all depends on your dealership. Some dealerships are mod-friendly, some aren't. I would ask them first before you do anything, just so you know what you're getting into. I'm fairly certain that with those mods, 99% any dealership will deny you warranty with ANYTHING related to the engine or transmission lol

Build Thread Beloww:

Finally went stage II!!!! Been a few weeks actually, only now getting around to writing a review

Few pictures here of the FMS Catless Downpipe I bought along with the Grimmspeed Heat Shield(was on a TIGHT budget, so a $169 downpipe that included new bolts and gaskets was very appealing):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1424.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	126.6 KB 
ID:	104614Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1426.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	104.1 KB 
ID:	104615Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1428.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	114.0 KB 
ID:	104616

I will say upfront that I plan on getting a catted Nameless downpipe at some point in the future, but for now the FMS unit will do just fine. The quality is actually very good for something so cheap, the welds are decent, it has 1/2" thick flanges, and is 100% made of 304 stainless steel. Had two small issues with the fitment, the flange on the side of the downpipe that bolts to the transmission bracket, the flange on the downpipe is actually 3-4" away from the bracket on the car... therefore, that mounting point is rendered useless. Basically, the downpipe is only bolted to the turbo and midpipe, which fit perfectly. The other issue, is that the shape of the downpipe doesn't allow the stock heatshield for the up-pipe to be reinstalled. Therfore, my Grimmspeed Heat Shield was only able to utilize 2 of the three bolt holes that keeps the heat shield secure. As it stands, if I hit a particularly rough patch or bump, I can hear a very slight rattle, but since I'm in a WRX, rattles are not something I haven't become accustomed to... lol PS, to anyone who says the downpipe doesn't affect the exhaust noise.... My car sounds SO MUCH meaner and louder than before. It is actually crazy and I love it

The Grimmspeed Heat Shield is built with incredible quality. Feels very solid and looks great in the engine bay. Videos and pics of the exhaust/engine bay to come soon!
    Last edited by J_Maher_WRX; 05-03-2012 at 01:27 PM.

Build Thread Beloww:

I decided to go with Eric Minehart for my tuner and am super glad that I did. He answered countless questions and never once became impatient with me. Very helpful guy and always got back to me within 2 hours Maximum, no matter what day of the week.

His stage II map is an absolute beast. Am so glad I listened to you Lokey haha the car pulls harder than ever and hits between 19-20psi every time during WOT, even though I have a catless downpipe. So much more power throughout the entire RPM band, and it feels as if there is no turbo lag at all. Here is a dyno plot that I done of the stage 2 map:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TP Stage II.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	57.4 KB 
ID:	104619

Super happy with the results, the original OTS map showed 313whp and 327 wtq, but Eric tamed it back a little to be more conservative and to have better reliability. I honestly feel no difference on the butt dyno and am PUMPED with the results

Build Thread Beloww:

I Support ClubWRX
    wow pretty good results
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast