2011 Silver WRX Build To Date.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2011 Silver WRX Build To Date. within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My name is Dennis. I introduced myself over in the New Members Section http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/new-me...ilver-wrx.html . Well here is a list ...

2011 Silver WRX Build To Date.-Added Pics

My name is Dennis. I introduced myself over in the New Members Section 2011 Silver WRX . Well here is a list of my build to date.

I purchased the car April 2011. It is a base model nothing fancy on the inside and just the way I like it.

List of Mods Timeline

May 2011
    AEM Cold Air Intake
    Invidia DP Divorced WG
    Invidia Q300 Titanium Tip Exhaust
    Cobb AP

July 2011
    FMS FMIC

January 2012
    ACT HD 6-Puck Sprung Clutch
    Group N Trans Mount
    Perrin Front 25mm and Rear 22mm Sway Bars
    Perrin Front and Rear Endlinks
    Perrin Short Shifter Adapter with Shifter Bushings
    Perrin Subframe Lockdown
    H&R Sport Springs
    DW 65c Fuel Pump
    DW 1300cc Injectors
    Grimmspeed Coated UP with 44mm EWG
    Tial 44mm WG
    Perrin Turbo Inlet
    Grimmspeed Boost Control Solenoid
    Grimmspeed IWG Bracket
    Turbosmart BOV Dual Port
    TGV Deletes
    8mm Phenolic Spacers
    AEM Digital Boost Gauge
    AEM UEGO Digital Wideband 02 Gauge
    Prosport Gauge Pods
    Perrin Radiator Shroud
    NRG Catch Can

It took 3 days to install all the stuff on the Jan 2012 list with the help of some friends and helped that we had a Subaru Tech with us who did a hell of a great job.

I got AWDTuning to send me a base map so I could drive up for my tune. I got tuned Jan 18 on E-85 and put down 345/398 at 22psi.

Once I got tuned it was like having a brand new car all over again. With the torque it makes me not miss the GTOs so much and the car is a blast to drive.

I finally got to run at the track my best time was a 12.3 at 113. You can see the video on page 3.

I also did a road course that I have a few videos for also on page 3.

Wish List
    Pretty content right now but will update as soon as I pay the car off which will be at the end of the year. I might decide after that which direction I want to go. My end result I would like is 550/600 on E-85 but we will see what I dream up over the next few months.

Pictures
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dyno Graph.jpg 
Views:	588 
Size:	51.7 KB 
ID:	102401 Front Mount Rain.jpg Side Front.jpg Side View.jpg Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Front Mount.jpg 
Views:	472 
Size:	103.2 KB 
ID:	103148 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Exhuast - E85 Badge.jpg 
Views:	463 
Size:	85.8 KB 
ID:	103149 Engine Bay.jpg Engine Bay 2.jpg DP and EWG.jpg
    Last edited by silverschlub; 04-12-2012 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Added More Pictures

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice mod list man, impressive numbers! How's your transmission holding up?
    Justin ~ 2011 WRX (WRB Sedan) ~ 275whp/299wtq

Build Thread Beloww:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...-2011-wrx.html

Quote Originally Posted by J_Maher_WRX View Post
    Nice mod list man, impressive numbers! How's your transmission holding up?
    My clutch is doing good. The ACT handles the power great. It is a little stiffer than stock but feels great.

I Support ClubWRX
    Great list. Is the FMIC installed for future mods?

Also any pics of the finished product?
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    Nice work! Pics, please!
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

FMIC has been installed. I added a couple of pics will add some more this weekend.
    Last edited by silverschlub; 02-14-2012 at 09:50 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by silverschlub View Post
    FMIC has been installed. I added a couple of pics will add some more this weekend.
    No I mean, did you install it in preparation for future mods? Usually FMIC's are not needed until you get a bigger turbo or something like that. The TMIC design can handle a lot of power and with it being closer to the turbo doesn't get as much heat soak.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    No I mean, did you install it in preparation for future mods? Usually FMIC's are not needed until you get a bigger turbo or something like that. The TMIC design can handle a lot of power and with it being closer to the turbo doesn't get as much heat soak.
    Yes I did it install it for a future build. Will be building the motor at the end of the year it looks like and most likely going to go rotated on that setup.

Banned
    care to post a log? would like to dyno it and see what comes up.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by silverschlub View Post
    How's the core on it? I've been looking at the FMS TMIC for our LGT but I don't know anyone who has dealt with FMS in our local area.

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    How's the core on it? I've been looking at the FMS TMIC for our LGT but I don't know anyone who has dealt with FMS in our local area.
    Not sure about the FMS TMIC. The FMIC is about a 3 1/2 in core. Pretty sure the TMIC would be fine though plus half the cost of other brands.
    2011 WRX 345WHP/398WTQ E85
    My Build: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...uild-date.html

Those are good numbers so far. Your mod list is missing one critical thing, which is new struts to match those shorter springs.

If you go up to 550/600 numbers, you're going to start breaking things awfully fast. There's a number of things in your drivetrain that just aren't designed to handle numbers like that, even if you put a new motor in.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    Those are good numbers so far. Your mod list is missing one critical thing, which is new struts to match those shorter springs.

If you go up to 550/600 numbers, you're going to start breaking things awfully fast. There's a number of things in your drivetrain that just aren't designed to handle numbers like that, even if you put a new motor in.
    I am going to being alot of prep work especially drivetrain and suspension before I even go for the 550/600 build. This is not my first car build my last one was a 2004 maggied goat. You think the drivetrain on the WRX are weak try putting down 600 on the GTO drivetrain. Believe me I have broken stubs, and the driveshafts before, but as always I will make sure to do all my research in prep for my next build. Thanks for the heads up though.

Wow that torque is insane on the stock turbo. Sweet numbers! Prepare for transmission destruction
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Wow that torque is insane on the stock turbo. Sweet numbers! Prepare for transmission destruction
    Lol I am on the low end, a buddy of mine is running almost the exact same setup except for a couple of extra things is pushing 422tq through his stock turbo. LOL. Yeah I could see transmission problems in the future but I do not beat on it a lot. On the other I could help it if I stop brake boosting people lmao.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.