Subaru WRX Forum banner

2011 Silver WRX Build To Date.

14K views 55 replies 12 participants last post by  wrx650 
#1 · (Edited)
2011 Silver WRX Build To Date.-Added Pics

My name is Dennis. I introduced myself over in the New Members Section http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/new-member-hangout/134352871-2011-silver-wrx.html . Well here is a list of my build to date.

I purchased the car April 2011. It is a base model nothing fancy on the inside and just the way I like it.

List of Mods Timeline

May 2011
AEM Cold Air Intake
Invidia DP Divorced WG
Invidia Q300 Titanium Tip Exhaust
Cobb AP

July 2011
FMS FMIC

January 2012
ACT HD 6-Puck Sprung Clutch
Group N Trans Mount
Perrin Front 25mm and Rear 22mm Sway Bars
Perrin Front and Rear Endlinks
Perrin Short Shifter Adapter with Shifter Bushings
Perrin Subframe Lockdown
H&R Sport Springs
DW 65c Fuel Pump
DW 1300cc Injectors
Grimmspeed Coated UP with 44mm EWG
Tial 44mm WG
Perrin Turbo Inlet
Grimmspeed Boost Control Solenoid
Grimmspeed IWG Bracket
Turbosmart BOV Dual Port
TGV Deletes
8mm Phenolic Spacers
AEM Digital Boost Gauge
AEM UEGO Digital Wideband 02 Gauge
Prosport Gauge Pods
Perrin Radiator Shroud
NRG Catch Can

It took 3 days to install all the stuff on the Jan 2012 list with the help of some friends and helped that we had a Subaru Tech with us who did a hell of a great job.

I got AWDTuning to send me a base map so I could drive up for my tune. I got tuned Jan 18 on E-85 and put down 345/398 at 22psi.

Once I got tuned it was like having a brand new car all over again. With the torque it makes me not miss the GTOs so much and the car is a blast to drive.

I finally got to run at the track my best time was a 12.3 at 113. You can see the video on page 3.

I also did a road course that I have a few videos for also on page 3.

Wish List
Pretty content right now but will update as soon as I pay the car off which will be at the end of the year. I might decide after that which direction I want to go. My end result I would like is 550/600 on E-85 but we will see what I dream up over the next few months.

Pictures
Screen Text Technology Electronic device Electronics
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Headlamp Subaru
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Rim
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Mid-size car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Bumper
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bumper Automotive exterior
Vehicle Engine Auto part Car Compact car
Engine Auto part Vehicle Car Automotive engine part
Auto part Vehicle Engine Car Fuel line

See less See more
#30 ·
I loved that show. Full of epicness.
Watch it now...it's on Netflix...now I know why my mom didn't want me watching it as a kid. It should have never been on a kids network.

#12 ·
Those are good numbers so far. Your mod list is missing one critical thing, which is new struts to match those shorter springs.

If you go up to 550/600 numbers, you're going to start breaking things awfully fast. There's a number of things in your drivetrain that just aren't designed to handle numbers like that, even if you put a new motor in.

#13 ·
I am going to being alot of prep work especially drivetrain and suspension before I even go for the 550/600 build. This is not my first car build my last one was a 2004 maggied goat. You think the drivetrain on the WRX are weak try putting down 600 on the GTO drivetrain. Believe me I have broken stubs, and the driveshafts before, but as always I will make sure to do all my research in prep for my next build. Thanks for the heads up though. :)

#14 ·
Wow that torque is insane on the stock turbo. Sweet numbers! Prepare for transmission destruction ;)

#15 ·
Lol I am on the low end, a buddy of mine is running almost the exact same setup except for a couple of extra things is pushing 422tq through his stock turbo. LOL. Yeah I could see transmission problems in the future but I do not beat on it a lot. On the other I could help it if I stop brake boosting people lmao.

#16 ·
E85 with an EWG does wonders! That's good that you don't beat on the tranny all that much...but something about 400+ wtq either way puts much more stress on it. You certainly have a hell of a car in the making!

#17 ·
I know I tell my buddy that all time. Yes it is I love feeling of the car. Everyone keeps saying you have to feel it from the passangers side. So I let a friend of mine take me for a ride in my own car lol, all I can say it was a blast. Thanks for the compliment. :)

#19 ·
I'm sad synolimit is not here to see this :sadwave:

#32 ·
Got to run at the track with my new setup. First run was not so good ran 12.9 @ 111 against my buddies EVO who ran a 11.7 @ 115. Did get a good run in later that night ran 12.3 @ 113 against the Prez of my car club who has a 2005 STI who ran 12.8 @ 109.

1st Run : 2011WRX vs 2005 EVO March 23 2012 - YouTube

2nd Run : 2011WRX vs 2005 STI March 23 2012 - YouTube

These are all from the Go Pro. I can upload my time slips later.

#33 ·
Those are nice traps (and great times!!!)...looks like they 2011s may have a bit more top end! Were you running on the e85 tune?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.