So I thought since I actually plan on doing something to my car now, I might as well put all my thoughts and pics in one place. Here goes:
Car: 2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX sedan
Purchased 10/4/2010, 77k miles, bone stock.
Modifications to date:
NOTE: I linked to writeups/pics/reviews when possible. Hopefully this helps somebody.
- Pioneer DEH-400UB Stereo
- Forester DIN tray with trim-matching lid
- Sold OEM sub and installed Infinity BassLink in the trunk.
- Subaru MOMO shift knob
- 2004 STI gauge cluster
- SMYCluster gauge pod
- Prosport Halo Boost Gauge
- AEM Wideband O2 gauge w/ Denso sensor
- Replaced all of the stock incandecent bulbs and green bulb covers with red LEDs. Now all of the nighttime dash illumination matches the cluster.
- Hella Supertones
- Hella 500 foglights w/Kartboy adapters
- PIAA Crystal Ion H3 foglight bulbs
- Philips X-treme power headlight bulbs
- RallyArmor mudflaps
- Intake Silencer Delete
- Perrin Intercooler Hoses, beefier clamps
- Full STI Intercooler Spray System (STI trunk tank, carpet liner, OEM controls)
- GrimmSpeed ceramic-coated catless uppipe
- Cobb catted downpipe
- Cobb SS head shield
- Testes1010 OS Stage II map tuned with guidance from WTF Tuning
- STI axleback exhaust
- RalliTek urethane exhaust hangers
- Cobb Short Throw Shifter
- Cobb shifter bushings front and rear
- New OEM clutch at 90,000 miles
- Redline Gear oil
- SS brake lines, ATE SuperBlue fluid, Hawk HPS pads
- Whiteline 24mm fixed front swaybar, Whiteline 22mm adjustable rear swaybar with supporting endlinks.
Stuff to install:
- STI intercooler
- Need to get a new HU
The day I bought it!
Tinted OEM foglights
The accident. 17 year old kid plowed into front quarter panel. $6k in damage (which his liability covered completely)
One month in the body shop later, and my subie is back!!!
Hella foglights installed:
Test run of the STI cluster before getting the ODO corrected:
Freshly detailed at my friend's detail shop:
Rear Whiteline 22mm swaybar installed (24mm front bar installed as well):