My 2012 dark gray stock WRX

This is a discussion on My 2012 dark gray stock WRX within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Currently has a sti short shifter Going to get 15% tint Things I'm considering purchasing soon: -valentine radar/laser + jammer ...

My 2012 dark gray stock WRX

Currently has a sti short shifter
    Going to get 15% tint

Things I'm considering purchasing soon:

-valentine radar/laser + jammer
    -fog lights
    -air intake
    -catback exhaust

Any suggestions on what I should do before/ after I do the above ?
    I have a budget of $1k-$2k!

Help would be nice, I'm a car noob
    I will post better pics later down the road.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Congrats on the car. You should check out some mod threads here on the forum, they are great references. Tony (rage-wrx) has a great one, just search his name. Only thing I about your considered purchases is the intake, you should get a tune before hand. A Cobb AP will do the trick ($600 new). You shouldn't have an intake installed before you have your car properly tuned for it.
    2011 WRX 5-Door WRB
    Cobb AP Stage 1 - SPT Exhaust - Bayson R Lip - 30% Tints

2006 Honda CBR600RR
    Jardine RT-1 Exhaust - Fender Eliminator - Integrated Front & Rear Signals

2001 Audi TT - Sold

Personally, I bought a down pipe and Cobb AP before buying a cat back and intake as they both do very little for performance.
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

Spend it on gas and enjoy the hell out of it. After you drive it for a while you'll have a good idea of where your money would be best spent than any of us....Congrats!
    2011 WRX DGM Sedan

The valentine should be helpful, I have one. Learn how to understand what it is saying and you won't need a jammer.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    2011 WRX Limited - Dark Grey Metallic
    [Cobb stage 2 93+ SF Intake] [Invidia Catted DP] [SMY Gauge Cluster w/Boost and Volt Gauges] [Monkeybone Racing Heater Vent Gauge Panel w/Oil Pressure and Temp Gauges]
    [Cobb Heatshield] [Kartboy SS] [Weathertech Floorliners] [Hardwired V1 w/Remote Display] [Complete Aftermarket Audio System] [Lighted WRX fender badges]

Quote Originally Posted by 2011RX View Post
    Spend it on gas and enjoy the hell out of it. After you drive it for a while you'll have a good idea of where your money would be best spent than any of us....Congrats!
    +1
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

If it was me personally I would not spend my money on an AP. I did that and it really was a waste just do Intake, DP, sways, bushings, and get tuned. Get a protune done and believe me you will be very happy. Just my 2 cents.

Enjoy the car first off they are a blast. everyone will have different opinions so I guess just list what you want out of the car?

Cat back= just noise, so a cheaper option is Nameless Axle back $299. But if you plan on doing Stage 2, Just wait and do A TBE.

Intake small HP gains, but will hear the turbo spool and BOV noise. Will want to Tune for this for safe measures.

You can Tune with a Cobb AP $599 or OS tune for about half the price but need to have a laptop for it. Cobb is pretty simple and has some nice funtions on the display.

Break the car in and have fun. Stage 1 tune really is nice, the car runs smooth and a nice little boost in HP for sure.
    ~Dan~ 2011 WRX Limited Stage 2 TP Stinkeye Mob #93

It's obvious once you drive the car for the first time that the stock tune is lacking. READ THIS ==> (Project Gen 3STi: Testing the COBB AccessPORT). AP should be the first thing you do to your WRX/STi. Is stock trim it does an amazing job of getting sideways when pushed (larger front swaybar). If you don't want to do too much to the car but have a bit more fun, I'd recommend the AP, then Hawk HPS pads and the Grimmspeed brake master brace, Perrin endlinks and swaybars (I use 22mm front and rear, on the softest settings causing the car to grip more and making getting sideways require more speed when coming out of a corner), GTSPEC mid 4 point brace (which is awesome!), KW V1 coilovers, and if you need more power the Cobb SF intake w/box and the Cobb downpipe are excellent and allow you to run a off the shelf map available from their website.

Quote Originally Posted by 2011RX View Post
    what he said. Its all about personal preference and making the car your own. Pesonally, I am waiting for my 2013 wrx limited to come in but I have already bought a Cobb sf intake and airbox as well as the cobb accessport. I plan to run Stage 1 for a while and eventually get a downpipe and upgrade to a stage 2 tune while throwing in cosmetic mod's inbetween (mudflaps, lamin-x, tints, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by silverschlub View Post
    If it was me personally I would not spend my money on an AP. I did that and it really was a waste just do Intake, DP, sways, bushings, and get tuned. Get a protune done and believe me you will be very happy. Just my 2 cents.
    I disagree with this. The accessport is not just a tool to flash your car. It acts as a cel reader, data logger, real time gauge for almost every sensor in the car and a whole lot more. don't listen to this. I do agree with the pro tune. The cobb ots maps are way better than stock but a pro tune will clean in up very nice.