Stage 3 on 2011 wrx vs new car? few questions on the power..

This is a discussion on Stage 3 on 2011 wrx vs new car? few questions on the power.. within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Is stage 3 going to make the car that much more enjoyable? What would I be able to run against ...

Registered User 2011REXRoyalBlu's Avatar

Stage 3 on 2011 wrx vs new car? few questions on the power..

Is stage 3 going to make the car that much more enjoyable? What would I be able to run against and beat? the new m3's? s4's? thanks in advance!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Stage 3 what? What exactly are you trying to do?
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! www.kronosperformance.com sales@kronosperformance.com Call/Text 732-742-8837 We Offer a Military Discount
    Our Facebook | Our Twitter | Our Instagram | Our Pinterest
    Our featured brands
    RALLY ARMOR | BC RACING | PERRIN | MISHIMOTO | GRIMMSPEED

What would I be able to run against and beat? the new m3's? s4's?
    really??? .. Kidding right? .. Seriously?

You need to do more research before asking rather open ended and somewhat silly questions like that. There are literally hundreds of mods you can do past a dp/tune (commonly known as stage II) to make improvements in hp. All are going to change the cars characteristics and driveability. "enjoyable" is a relative term... hard to say what you might find "enjoyable". What exactly is it you want from the car? You'll need to know exactly that before you start a path of modification.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Banned
    stages are just a word someone picked to kinda classify something. beyond a stage 1 flash and stage 2 DP there are no more stages. can you beat an M3, S4? yes. how deap are your pockets? do you want easy power or work for it? Motor trend has the 11 M3 at only 12.8 at 110 MPH. my 09 stock was 13.3 at 100 MPH and 12.8-12.9 at 107 MPH with FMIC, TBE, 19psi running 313hp on a dynojet. so its pretty easy to tie a M3! im shooting for 11.9 and i went the "work for it" route. a much easier and cheaper route would just be a large turbo and injectors.

Some people have been referring to stage 3 because Torqued Performance has a "stage 3" package which requires a TMIC or FMIC and EBCS. Fuel pump and colder plugs recommended.
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

I Support ClubWRX
    Not to be a jerk - but why the 'builds' forum?

Anyhow, when you refer to 'stage III', it isn't really a closed issue as it's been said. Some people refer to it as a turbo swap, some just an intercooler, down pipe, and tune. Regardless, you may not be 'running with' the m3's even with a jet engine on the back of your car. There are many things that go into lowering track times - some way more drastically than some added power. For example: good tires, better brake pads, some better springs or sway bars, and most importantly - experience. If you are just talking about the drag strip exclusively - save the cash and put it away in prep for a new transmission/axles/clutch/whatever fails first. A running car always beats a paperweight =).

Just some food for thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

this thread needs more stg5 turbos
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

need more stage fourged