My short block swap progress.... - Page 9
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

This is a discussion on My short block swap progress.... within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Then your mod path is set. Perfect...

Then your mod path is set. Perfect
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I'll donate 500 bones to your cause for that shortblock. You just gotta wait until I move which is in the very near future.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Ha you guys are silly.
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

<-------- Taylor Swift.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

Cool vid. When he'd let off the gas on mine, it'd shoot the biggest flame. Almost charred my Burger King burger more than it already was.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

The first pull he did it shot flames, it was awesome.
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

Quote Originally Posted by lytlec View Post
    The first pull he did it shot flames, it was awesome.
    obviously that means I was running a little bit rich, enough for the unspent fuel vapor to ignite in the exhaust track, but I could do it at will after my protune. Everytime I'd rev to 5k+ and let off the gas real quick...POP! Fire. Certainly was good at keeping people off my ass

Good thing is, my AFRs remaind perfect through pulling though, so no real danger from it. Catless is so much fun! I hope this STI does it once I put the DP on haha.

So I got gas today at the same place I always do. Turned car on and it was idling pretty rough...went away....pulled away from gas station and got misfire in 1 and 3. Cleared them....drove my car pretty hard for a few miles...never came back....weird...
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

That is rather weird...anything new today??

I drove it about 60 miles today and the only thing it did was idle weird and act like it wanted to stall when i got to my destination and pulled into my parking stall.
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    So I got gas today at the same place I always do. Turned car on and it was idling pretty rough...went away....pulled away from gas station and got misfire in 1 and 3. Cleared them....drove my car pretty hard for a few miles...never came back....weird...
    Did you drive normal/easy for about the first 5-10 miles? Learning view kinda needs to get a grasp of whats "normal."
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Did you drive normal/easy for about the first 5-10 miles? Learning view kinda needs to get a grasp of whats "normal."
    I have no clue what you are talking about. I'm gonna do some data logs and send them to my tuner on Monday though and see if he can figure out the odd idle problem.
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I have no clue what you are talking about. I'm gonna do some data logs and send them to my tuner on Monday though and see if he can figure out the odd idle problem.
    He's talking about closed-loop learning. Narrow-band O2 is SLOW!
    2015 CWP WRX STi on order ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax' Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    The REAL 'WTF Tuning?!' Progenitor
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero | Blobeye Synd. #Tree-Fiddy
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Well I tried to do some data logs but the car wouldn't do what it did before, lol. So oh well.

Anyways....I was thinking...I wonder how much I should push my stock 5 speed transmission or if thats the next thing I should concentrate on. I know my tuner said with bigger injectors I could get more power....but if I go with bigger injectors I might as well go with a 20g turbo from Blouch...but I am thinking that may be too much for my stock transmission...hmmm....
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

Get some PPGs or a 6spd swap chillin on a pallet in the garage, and then do the injectors/turbo. Make it a goal to pop the tranny

Or, do it all at once so you can be sure to tune with the new tranny in there. I'd suspect different gearing would change power delivery a little bit.