My short block swap progress.... - Page 12
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

This is a discussion on My short block swap progress.... within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/genera...ease-read.html I'd check those out. They are a bit older I think, but should still apply....

I Support ClubWRX
    IF YOU HAVE A MISFIRE CODE ,PLEASE READ THIS!!!

I'd check those out. They are a bit older I think, but should still apply.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I do have the act street light flywheel....IIRC...oh and the plugs are brand new, injectors are basically brand new...i havent replaced the fuel filter since i put it in though....i cleaned the maf a few months ago but i am using an oiled filter. Hmm...i dont know if its a big deal but like i mentioned before i did get a rough count of 1 when i was checking cylinder 1 with the AP...not sure if that means anything...
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

is it actually setting a code or are you just seeing the misfire count with the AP? Can you feel it misfire or hear it like it was doing before the new engine? The reason I ask is it isnt to abnormal to count a misfire here and there especially with the light flywheel, changes in crank speed are how the ECM sees misfires and the flywheel lets the crank change speed at a faster rate. If you arent feeling it miss or setting a code it might be "normal" for your set up. I would still like to hook it up to a scan tool and get some fuel trim readings and see how its running in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Meridius View Post
    is it actually setting a code or are you just seeing the misfire count with the AP? Can you feel it misfire or hear it like it was doing before the new engine? The reason I ask is it isnt to abnormal to count a misfire here and there especially with the light flywheel, changes in crank speed are how the ECM sees misfires and the flywheel lets the crank change speed at a faster rate. If you arent feeling it miss or setting a code it might be "normal" for your set up. I would still like to hook it up to a scan tool and get some fuel trim readings and see how its running in general.
    Well then lets check it out! I saw you leaving walmart from a mile away!
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

Let me know when you have off work in the evening. We can take it out to the dealer and Ill put the Select Monitor on it and see what we can find out.

How did you know it was me? My car blends in pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by Meridius View Post
    Let me know when you have off work in the evening. We can take it out to the dealer and Ill put the Select Monitor on it and see what we can find out.

How did you know it was me? My car blends in pretty well.
    I have off Wednesday and Thursday next week! Oh and I heard a rice burner coming towards me and instantly recognized it as your car lol.
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

Rice burner ehh? Let me check and see if I work Thursday, if not we can check it out then

I wonder how much power I lost out on by only having the 650cc injectors. Hill said that he could have got more if I had bigger injectors......
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/off-to...ml#post2893789

WTF....I pulled a Jimmy...kinda...
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

I Support ClubWRX
    Probably quite a bit. Bobby said he always recommends at least a 750 when just removing the tgvs on STi's. He was happy I had 840s

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Well I dried out the MAF and filter and put it all back together, dabbed up the little pool of water in my inlet. Cleared the codes and took it for a spin, it seems fine....it pulled the whole way to redline...didn't sputter or bog down....so yeah....I'm hoping its fine!! I did a datalog with the AP but not sure how to attach it....
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

I Support ClubWRX
    It's probably just fine now dude. Probably bogging because the water in the maf and the filter. If the car can't breath it's going to bog.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Yeah I hope so!
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.