Subaru WRX Forum banner

Fox's 06 TR Thread :)

91K views 230 replies 44 participants last post by  michaelwfox 
#1 · (Edited)
Well guys I finally did it! Went to Knoxville and picked up my WRX

She is an 06 WRX TR. Completely stock and never modified. I had the car checked out by a mechanic before I bought it and she is in excellent condition mechanically. The timing belt was changed in July at 72k so I'm good there for awhile.

The only downside is the paint. It is not in the best shape but I used that to my advantage and got an amazing deal! I will get the car repainted eventually anyway. All said and done I paid right at $12.7k :).

Current mods:
WC Lathe Werks shift knob
Kartboy short throw shifter
Lamin-x yellow fog light covers

Braking:
Stop Tech slotted rotors
Hawk ceramic pads
Stop Tech stainless steel lines
Motul RBF 600

Tires
Cooper Zeon RS3-A 225/45/17

Now onto the pictures!!

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Subaru Rim

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Black Subaru

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sedan Alloy wheel

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Subaru Automotive exterior

See less See more
#8 ·
I hate you for stealing my car. But not really.

Also, I demand mod plans. None of which better be murdering it out...or I'll murder you.

#21 ·
Nice find. If the paint is swirly get it buffed. Someone who knows what they are doing can fix alot of that. Or if you can you want a product called rejuvonator from malco pro. I am assuming your paint is faded too. This will really make your car look fresh. Its alot cheaper than paint ;)

#22 ·
None-the-less... 12.7 is an incredible price on that car. 15k would've been reasonable.

#29 ·
Oooh maybe steering? I'd recommend that as well. That was a major improvement for me and mine is relatively new. I'd imagine on your later model WRX it would be greatly improved

#33 ·
I guess it would just come down to price on those, both look pretty good. I have no plans to take this car on a track or any Auto-X so yeah.

I was just looking at the Grimmspeed AOS. Are these useful at all? For my DD purpose would I see any gain from it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.