Fox's 06 TR Thread :) - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

This is a discussion on Fox's 06 TR Thread :) within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by mycologist I think this was intended for a different thread? Nope. Just giving my recommendation. Originally Posted ...

Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    I think this was intended for a different thread?
    Nope. Just giving my recommendation.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    The TR didn't come with a spoiler? Was it an option? Because mine has one...

I think he was giving me another opinion on my tire and short throw choice.
    I only picked the Kuhmo's because they are the best thing within my budget. Eventually I will be upgrading to better tires.
    Yes. Just curious though...Why not get the better tire to start with if you plan to upgrade later?
    - 2013 BRZ Limited, WRB, manual
    - 2002 WRX WRB Sport Wagon (Stage 1) SOLD
    - 1968 Mercury Cougar w/ custom 331ci stroker & 5-spd
    ~Best 1/4 mi ET: 13.00 Video here--> http://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...t=MVI_0378.mp4
    ~Best 1/4 mi Trap Speed: 109mph

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 2002SubieWRX View Post
    Yes. Just curious though...Why not get the better tire to start with if you plan to upgrade later?
    The tires that are on it now will last maybe another 4-5 months. I could save the additional money needed to get better tires but, the fiance might not be too happy about her budget being messed with lol. How much better are the Bridgestones? I have always used Kuhmo because of the price and have really liked them thus far. Now that I have a far superior car I guess I need to look at better products lol
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

The tires that are on it now will last maybe another 4-5 months. I could save the additional money needed to get better tires but, the fiance might not be too happy about her budget being messed with lol. How much better are the Bridgestones? I have always used Kuhmo because of the price and have really liked them thus far. Now that I have a far superior car I guess I need to look at better products lol
    I don't have a lot to compare to either coming from my list of cars:
    -1968 Mercury Cougar
    -1990 Toyota 4Runner
    -1990 Mazda RX7
    -1984 Toyota Tercel (2wd automatic terd wagon)
    -1991 Honda Accord
    -2002 Subaru WRX

...But I do know they handle MUCH better than the Toyos that it came with. Additionally, TireRack.com gave them top honors in one of their reviews. View here: Testing Bridgestone's Potenza RE970AS Pole Position Ultra High Performance All-Season Tire
    - 2013 BRZ Limited, WRB, manual
    - 2002 WRX WRB Sport Wagon (Stage 1) SOLD
    - 1968 Mercury Cougar w/ custom 331ci stroker & 5-spd
    ~Best 1/4 mi ET: 13.00 Video here--> http://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...t=MVI_0378.mp4
    ~Best 1/4 mi Trap Speed: 109mph

I hate Kuhmos. I went through two sets...neither one lasted more than 12k miles before being rendered garbage. Never going back.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I hate Kuhmos. I went through two sets...neither one lasted more than 12k miles before being rendered garbage. Never going back.
    Yeah my poor little Honda/Acura's have never been able to destroy tires lol.

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR

Yeah my poor little Honda/Acura's have never been able to destroy tires lol.
    ...I beg to differ. I destroyed a set of Dunlops on my 96 Integra. They were some kind of cheap summers though and my ex GF flatspotted them when she locked up the brakes coming to a short stop at a redlight
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

Congrats on the purchase! Im still waiting for mine to get shipped to ND
    -----
    Life's a garden, Dig IT!

I Support ClubWRX
    The TR didn't come with a spoiler? Was it an option? Because mine has one...
    Of course, but for a TR they were dealer installed accessories.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Su1c1daL View Post
    Huh, because as far as I can see, mine looks very much like yours (other than mine is silver) and the Subaru dealer didn't mention anything about TR when I bought it.. And as far as I know it's still all stock.
    Your car (if that is yours in avatar) appears to be a wrx model. But in the future be careful. Subaru has since changed this issue because of used car dealers. The VIN will detail a model but they will try and sell a TR as a WRX even tho they clearly had 2 different MSRPs when new. That is why there is now the base, premium and limited models.. Before it was just TR, WRX and limited. Not many people knew the differences so the uneducated could easily get ripped off.. Not that it changes a price much but you could be looking at a retail difference of 1,000

How would one go about getting a vin checked ro find out for sure? And yes, that is mine on the beach in Pismo, CA.

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    From my understanding it is: non painted side mirrors, no side skirts, different less "boulstery" seats and that is it. Subaru was selling this version as a "Tuner Ready" model so I could be missing stuff but I don't think so lol
    Uh...aluminum control arms...the only benefit that the 06 TR had over any non-STI WRX.

Quote Originally Posted by Su1c1daL View Post
    How would one go about getting a vin checked ro find out for sure? And yes, that is mine on the beach in Pismo, CA.
    Yours isn't a TR. I don't think people would have gone through the trouble to get side skirts and paint matched mirrors. The cost just wouldn't be worth it. If you're really curious your insurance should be able to tell you.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

What's your interior look like? I put on sideskirts and matching mirror covers on my tr
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Uh...aluminum control arms...the only benefit that the 06 TR had over any non-STI WRX.
    All 2006 WRX received aluminum control arms, big guy. In 2007, Subaru reverted to the tubular steel. There isn't anything that the TR has over the base WRX besides the lower pricetag.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    So I haven't even had the car a full week yet and I can already tell I'm gonna sink a lot of money into mods lol. I love the feel of this car and it is just begging for more.

I find it very very hard to stay off the gas pedal and baby it like I know I should. This is my first boosted vehicle and I just can't get enough!

PS. updated first post with some exterior appearance changes, if anyone is interested.

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post

Yours isn't a TR. I don't think people would have gone through the trouble to get side skirts and paint matched mirrors. The cost just wouldn't be worth it. If you're really curious your insurance should be able to tell you.
    ALL 06 had aluminum control arms.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.