Fox's 06 TR Thread :) - Page 10
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

This is a discussion on Fox's 06 TR Thread :) within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Today I put gas in my car!! Lol Really though, there will be updates to the actual build in about ...

I Support ClubWRX

Fox's 06 TR Thread :)

Today I put gas in my car!! Lol

Really though, there will be updates to the actual build in about a month. I promise!
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: Fox's 06 TR Thread :)

Gas is pricey...

Quote Originally Posted by 96accord View Post
    Gas is pricey...
    Least you're not in Cali...it's over $5 out there.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

Re: Fox's 06 TR Thread :)

Ugh, thanks for the reminder man. My tank is about to touch the 1/4 mark(my fill up level).

Donations accepted.

Posted from a fone.

I Support ClubWRX
    Picked the car up today after having some service done. I had my friend from NASIOC who works at the dealer do the work and he sent me this update:

"Michael,
    Thanks for bringing you car in today. Just wanted to go over a few things in more detail for you.
    Your Subaru appears to be in very good condition, no abnormalities in the fluids I drained and no metal particles other than the normal “fuzzies” on the trans and diff magnets. In fact your car had less metallic splinters (fuzzies) than an average vehicle the same age and mileage. Diff and trans were refilled with Subaru Extra-S 75w90

The struts and other suspension components are dry and do not exhibit any leaks or excessive play. However at this mileage the internal seals and valves tend to start wearing in struts and performance does slowly degrade due to this. You may wish begin budgeting for strut replacement or upgrade in the future. Chad and I put a set of Koni cartridges and STI springs on his n/a bugeye so there is no problem if you would like to install aftermarket cartridges that require some cutting and minor fabrication.

Tire wear looks good - no cupping or uneven wear except some minor variances from over inflation. Definitely want to get some tires before we get into the wetter weather later in fall. Hopefully those tire prices were in the ballpark of what you are seeing elsewhere. If not there might be some room to haggle.

As noted by your service advisor the front inner axle boots are seeping but not broken. With age and heat the grease in the joint breaks down and becomes thinner. Because the inner joints slide in and out the grease starts pumping around the axle shaft. This seeping will worsen and at some point the grease will get thin enough to make a bigger mess or the boot will break. We quoted the repair to make you aware of the situation and let you know it is something to keep an eye on. As long as the joint does not run dry, get contaminated or start making noise replacing the boot and grease is an economical and sound repair.

Your alternator and A/C belts are starting to show cracks in the grooves from age. I didn’t note any shredding or delamination but once we start seeing cracks anything is possible.

I did not perform the coolant service as your history shows that was performed within the last 6000 miles. I also did not replace your cabin filter as it appeared to be relatively clean if not new. Those items should not be on your invoice and I had them deduct ½ hour (our normal single line charge for the coolant service) from the maintenance labor.

While performing the induction service I did not see any abnormal oil or sludge in the Y pipe, intercooler or compressor exit passage. Crankcase breather system is operating normally as well. No DTCs were present and all parameters appeared normal during pre and post service road test.

Thanks again and if there is any other area you have questions about please ask .
    David"

I am very happy with this report! Also Extra S is a miracle fluid. My transmission has never been this smooth.

Next up is the Cooper RS3-A's. They will be installed on Thursday!
    Last edited by michaelwfox; 10-16-2012 at 10:24 AM.

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR

glad to hear everything is well, post in like a week on how the trans feels. when i changed my fluid it felt super smooth and then the next day it felt how it was before i changed it

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruh Roh View Post
    glad to hear everything is well, post in like a week on how the trans feels. when i changed my fluid it felt super smooth and then the next day it felt how it was before i changed it
    Uh oh....well I will keep that in mind. I do feel that anything is better then the Mobil 1 I did have in there lol.

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR

I Support ClubWRX
    I had the Cooper Zeon RS3-A's put on Thurdasy and I will 100% recommend these tires to anyone. Great traction in the wet and dry.

I went with 225/45/17's and I really think that size is far better on the stock wheels then 215's were. The "stance" is little bit beefier than before and on stock ride height the tires fit the wheel well better.

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR

I Support ClubWRX

Wow, that had to be the most in depth service report I've ever seen, haha!

On my wife's car, I'm used to "tires good, belts squeak. That will be $150, please."
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38×10-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    Wow, that had to be the most in depth service report I've ever seen, haha!

On my wife's car, I'm used to "tires good, belts squeak. That will be $150, please."
    Lol yeah, it would have been the second one but, I know the mechanic from our local NASIOC thread.

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR

I Support ClubWRX
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	110.4 KB 
ID:	109499

This will be going on this weekend hopefully.

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR

I Support ClubWRX

Update:

I got the shifter installed today! The bushings will probably wait a little bit so I can use the lift at my brother in laws work. This will also give me time to order the rear bushing.

Picture time!

Stock

Comparison

Kartboy installed

Finished product

The install is super simple, the hardest part is getting the shifter back in the cup. I ended up going over to the passenger side and basically standing up so I could use all my weight to force it back in :giggity:. Other than that a baby could do the install.

I love the feel of it already. Shifting is much easier and I see myself grinding less now since I don't have to hold the clutch down as long. Not that I grinded much anyway, I can just see this helping with that.

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR

id like to grind on your knob and new shaft.

Bump for updates!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 96accord View Post
    Bump for updates!
    Okay :-)

This happened tonight:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1363231193665.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	112602

I left work to find a screw in my tire. Luckily my bro in law said he could fix it for free!

In other news my fiancé and I bought a house so I now have a garage and I plan on trying to do some paint correction as the weather gets better.

No real mod plans right now though. Money is still pretty tight after buying the house and saving for the wedding. I still love driving it in stock form though!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR