Stiffy's Little Red Wagon Build

This is a discussion on Stiffy's Little Red Wagon Build within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So after sometime I have finally gotten around to post up a build thread for fun and to keep track ...

Stiffy's Little Red Wagon Build

So after sometime I have finally gotten around to post up a build thread for fun and to keep track and see my progress, also hoping someone on here might have seen it around or even possibly owned this car. So I bought this car in the end of august rode the greyhound bus up to Idaho to pick it up. Here is some pictures of the day I bought it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	284414_2112435064728_1661204892_2147040_7580672_n.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	66.8 KB 
ID:	101448

Name:	IMG_0110.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	82.1 KB 
ID:	101449

I was stoked when I picked it up and knew some history of the car as I watched a friend work on it but soon realized the car was not originally what I thought it was. It bounced around if I remember right 3 owners from when I last saw the car a year ago after my buddy had finished the rotated kit on it. I have tried talking to the guy I bought it off of just to see what he knows about what all was done with the car the past year, and I can get any reply from him. I was upset when I first bought it because I basically bought a running project car, although if I could go back and do it over again knowing what I do I would have still gotten it but for much cheaper. When I first got a hold of it there was a HUGE T3/T4 turbo on it had a 50 trim compressor and a .82 hotside housing, the spool was holy crap laggy so I invested in getting another T3/T4 for ease of installation and keeping the set up. I found one that had a 60 trim compressor and .63 hotside housing for $50. (still laggy but works for now.) After I got that on probably a week later my crappy homemade exhaust broke and I planned on fabricated my own 3" exhaust, so I bought the parts but just didn't have time to get it done with my current work schedule so I took it to a shop and they did a great job. Then it was on to getting it tuned, but yet again mechanical problems arose this one being my intake being too small so my volts were maxed the other my boost controller so I had to wait for it to come in the mail. After I got those parts on talked with my tuner about running E85 so he set me up with a base map with my new intake and boost controller so I can run a few tanks of E85 while he is off on vacation. On the 9th of this month is the plan for the tune and I cannot wait for it these past few weeks without going into boost are killer. I wish I had taken pics of the progress as I worked on it but I have bigger plans in the future for it.

Here is some pictures of the engine bay.

Name:	IMG_0269.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	106.5 KB 
ID:	101450

Name:	IMG_0270.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	104.1 KB 
ID:	101451

Got some fog covers in the mail yesterday got them black to go with the black STI hoodscoop I really like them finally don't have holes in my front bumper. Also if you notice I did the garage door sealer DIY lip, not my favorite mod but better than nothing IMHO.

Name:	IMG_0267.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	115.0 KB 
ID:	101452

Name:	IMG_0268.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	106.1 KB 
ID:	101453

I plan on getting a new spoiler after kids decided to throw a bat at my car breaking it (crazy story if interested I'll post it in this thread) and painting it black to keep the red and black theme going.

Also took out my ac vent surrounds and radio trim and painted them white. (still need cup holder)

Name:	IMG_0272.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	83.2 KB 
ID:	101454

Name:	IMG_0273.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	72.4 KB 
ID:	101455

My brother and girlfriend voted against it but I wanted it white and it's my car so my choice haha I'm happy with the outcome.

Also threw on an HID kit with 10,000k Bulbs I know this forum votes against the HID's but I'm a sucker for them.

Name:	IMG_0275.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	83.9 KB 
ID:	101456

Current Mods:
    Equal Length Headers
    850cc stock modified injectors
    NXS Motorsports MBC
    38mm Wastegate (ebay special?)
    3" TBE
    FMIC (works but still unsure of kind)
    T3/T4 60 trim compressor .63 hot side housing
    3" k&n maf housing and intake with spectra filter (autozone special)
    Tein lowering springs

Plans for the car are:
    Different turbo. (still need researching to determine what turbo to go with)
    Rota Grids in gunmetal want that fat stance
    Tein Superstreet or Apexi Coilovers
    Lightweight pulley and Flywheel
    STI gauge cluster
    Bigger/better brakes possibly Brembos if the price is right
    Magnaflow 3" muffler (currently rocking 3" ebay special)
    Better gauges for my gauge clockpod probably glowshift.
    And many more...

Many many more things will be done but I'm taking it at steps as I'm a young kid working minimum wage paying off his car. I will update it as I continue to work on it and do any DIY mods, hopefully all goes well when I tune my car next week then I can finally relax and just enjoy driving the car around and pay it off! Feel free to give input and criticize I'm just glad to be back in a wrx after stupidly selling my old 03.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Looks nice bro just don't like the hid's
    278whp 286tq blouch 16g @ 17.5psi
    "My 02 wagon build" http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/everyd...gon-build.html
    Operation Iraqi Freedom x3
    WRX wagon MAFIA #68

Update

So I went to start my car the other day as I was heading into work and it was completely dead. I jumped it and on my way to work it died at a light and I couldn't start it back up, I ended up pushing it to the side of the road and got a buddy to come jump it and take it home.

After work I pulled the alternator and battery out

Name:	IMG_0277.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	82.9 KB 
ID:	101578

Name:	IMG_0276.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	101.4 KB 
ID:	101579

Went to a shop to have them rebuild my alternator turns out I had a blown voltage regulator and two diodes were blown as well. Then went to check my battery at my local autozone and it was completely dead. The manager there was cool and able to give me $80 towards a new battery even though the warranty wasn't under my name. Then I threw them in my car and also painted the plastic cover. I'm sure most you guys will say ricer but it's the only high heat paint I had on hand.

Name:	IMG_0291.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	105.4 KB 
ID:	101576

Name:	IMG_0293.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	76.2 KB 
ID:	101577

Now the car runs great but the money I spent fixing it was originally for my tune so now I have to wait a month to get it tuned. Patient is a virtue right? Oh well, at least its running.

I Support ClubWRX
    Car definitely has potential. I'm not a fan of everything you've done but, it's not mine . All that matters is that you like it!
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I don't expect much people to like what I've done with my car and I'm cool with that. Like you said michaelwfox it's my car and I'll do what I want with it. Hope I can get this thing tuned somewhat soon.
    "My car will be hella flushed, like a toilet."
    -The Girlfriend

I Support ClubWRX
    hoping to see you do better job then the previous owner. I am not a fan of lines plugged with bolts and wiring harnesses unplugged/unkept.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

So today I was able to get my tune and I must say I'm stoked with the outcome. Much faster than I anticipated. I would love to post up the sheet with my hp/tq but I can't upload it right now. But I ended up with 422whp and 319wtq. I was shocked but very happy with the outcome but my tuner said I should plan on saving for a motor. I don't expect the engine to last forever and already wanted to swap in an sti motor at some point so when it goes I'll find an sti motor and either build it or buy it built. I will upload the picture of the hp/tq sheet once I figure out why it won't upload.
    -The Girlfriend

Had to switch the file from a png to a jpg.

Name:	image001.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	53.3 KB 
ID:	101757
    -The Girlfriend