MY '11 WRX 5-door...Progress - Page 9
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

This is a discussion on MY '11 WRX 5-door...Progress within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; But you would be incredibly surprised how well your power band will smooth out with a Stage 1 tune......

But you would be incredibly surprised how well your power band will smooth out with a Stage 1 tune...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: MY '11 WRX 5-door...Progress

Are they the silverstars or just original model?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    2012 SWP 5door Premium!!!

Original model.
    '11 WRX 5-door Premium - Satin White Pearl
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...-progress.html

are the h9s whiter, or just brighter?
    2012 SWP 5door Premium!!!

Good build! gets me excited to start doing my mods on my 13. To be honest I think id do sways and endlinks first coupled with a TP Stage 1 tune

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    But you would be incredibly surprised how well your power band will smooth out with a Stage 1 tune...
    Right you are, Mikie. I picked up a used Accessport for $400 and WOW! What an improvement!

I've been wanting to try out the Karboy short shifter for a while now. I've always thought the STi Factory short shifter was too tall and the throws weren't as short as I hoped. So I bought the KB shifter and installed last night. The install is pretty easy just make sure you have a set of mini precision pliers or better snap ring pliers.

KB shifter vs. STi OEM short shifter

Installed

The throws are noticeably shorter than the STi shifter. I like it, however my arm now has to reach a bit further to shift which is slightly uncomfortable but i'm sure i'll get used to it.

Side note: I purchased the SPT heat shield and was looking at it last night. If you've installed one, did you use the supplied bolts/washers? Or did you just use the bolts that are on the OEM heatshield?

I used the ones that came with the OEM heatshield for the Cobb install. I think (I could be wrong on this one, but I read it somewhere on the interwebz) that the SPT can also fit over the OEM heatshield...

Nice build btw.

Thanks Tanker! Yes I've also seen that the SPT fits over the OEM and it's what I plan on doing. It also came with a longer bolts and washers which seemed unecessary. I'll try to use the existing bolts over the OEM heatshield.

Nice! Glad you're liking Stage 1...now imagine Stage 2

Shifter looks good...and yes, definitely makes shifting much better as well.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

I'm not 100% on the shifter yet. The throws are shorter than the OEM STi shifter but just by a hair. The height is definitely shorter, but as I stated my arm is reaching a bit further now. It may or may not be for sale soon. We'll see.

Stage 1 is very nice. I have the AEM CAI waiting to be installed, so stage 1.5 should be nice as well! Stage 2 will definitely be in the picture eventually.

MY '11 WRX 5-door...Progress

Check out my thread for pics on the spt heatshield. It just fits over the oem shield to dress up the engine nicely. Pretty quick/simple install.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bryan | Stink-Eye Mob #265

07 Impreza Outback Sport, 5spd
    Sad I don't have this anymore:
    2012 WRX Premium, Plasma Blue Pearl hatch, Stage 1+
    check out my build thread

Finally got around to do the front and rear shifter bushings. So good news and bad news. The good news is the front bushing went in without any issues.

Installed

But the rear, I had a snafu. Trying to install the COBB rear, one bolt went in smoothly. But the other bolt did not go in straight and I was bolting it at a weird angle. So I decided to stop and put in the STi bushing instead (which is not that much better than stock). But as I was tightening down the bolt the bolt broke in half and now the bolt is stuck inside the hole.

OEM vs. STi vs. COBB

So now the bushing is half bolted. What to do? Drill out the screw? Re-thread the hole, etc???
    Last edited by GOMEZ; 12-12-2012 at 05:55 PM.

That sux dude. :/ my friend and I installed the front and rear kartboy bushings. The driver side went in easy for the rear. Passenger side sucked tho. Had to like pull the bushing over super hard for there to be enough room. Hope u get it fixed.

Thats bad luck man... ya you are going to need to get the bolt out. Shouldnt be too bad but just a pain to deal with. Good luck with that!

Oh by the way dont drill it out! They have tools to get a bolt like this out at hardware stores. Check that out first. I had to do this on my old RSX when a bolt broke off on the rear rotor.... Not fun

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.