MY '11 WRX 5-door...Progress - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

This is a discussion on MY '11 WRX 5-door...Progress within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i really hope you are able to at least get sways and endlinks by the track day. I put sways ...

i really hope you are able to at least get sways and endlinks by the track day. I put sways 25mm/22mm on about a month ago and cannot even tell you how amazed i am by the transformation, car is way more stable through corners now. Make sure you get an AOS or catch can because you will get blow by going on the track and being near redline. I'll be there as well with a couple buddies doing the grip event. Might be there both days the 6th and 7th not sure yet, but for sure the 7th. Look out for my WRB hatch or a crazy fast blue evo.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

^You'll be at the NCRC event at Thunderhill, 4/7? If so, which run group? I'll be in Point-by along with my bro, dad, and a friend. They all have Miatas. Should be plenty fun, it's always nice to be out there with other Subies. Which sway bars/endlinks did you get?

I've never used an air oil separator catch can. With my previous WRX I didn't have one and I tracked it 5 times. Hmm...may have to look into one now.

edit: City tech is 4/6! nice...i've never run with them but there prices are pretty good.
    Last edited by GOMEZ; 03-16-2012 at 01:09 PM.
    '11 WRX 5-door Premium - Satin White Pearl
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...-progress.html

^

Whoops i ment the 6th totally got the day wrong, I looked into the NCRC event so it's possible but i've never ran with them so i see you have to do some kind of process to be eligible to run. Shame we are missing each other by 1 day haha. Yeah, AOS or catch can will indeed come in handy look into how much blow by our cars have. Really it all depends on how hard you push the car and what tune, how much boost, ect. I'd recommend it for safety but it's up to you. I went with the eibach 25mm/22mm kit. Crazy seeing how tiny our stock bars are from the factory, literally they are the size of one index finger. If i don't see you have fun at the event and drive safe!

ps: Give the car a rest after every run bring ice for the stock intercooler, if possible zip tie the throttle body hose, and double check all hoses. Throttle body hose is known to pop off on our cars even at stock boost levels. I had it happen to my car around the corner from the dealership at only 14psi. Another member on i-club had his hose pop off and ended up cracking a ringland.

*edit*
    Damn typing on the iPhone blows.
    Last edited by PROcede; 03-18-2012 at 02:34 PM.

First batch of parts arrives! More to follow later this week.

Sways?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Yup...24 front/ 22 rear Whitelines. Waiting on the endlinks and new pads.

Love how you took a pic of the box standing straight up, thus making the wall look diagonal. Mind ****.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter

I Support ClubWRX
    awesome thread. love the roof racks, ill definitely be doing that on my hatch. over all the car looks sick man.

Kartboy Endlinks arrived today:

Going to install them in the next few days with Whiteline 24/22mm Front and Rear adjustable sway bars:

Any tips on the install? Seems pretty straight forward.

Nice pics! Those endlinks are beefy. Definitely better than the old Perrins I used to have on my 07 STI.

Sweet excited for you to drive after installing. You are going to be amazed!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by GOMEZ View Post
    Kartboy Endlinks arrived today:

Going to install them in the next few days with Whiteline 24/22mm Front and Rear adjustable sway bars:

Any tips on the install? Seems pretty straight forward.
    Check, and then double check, the alignment after install. Make sure they're perpendicular and not stressed under full load.
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

Over the weekend, I replaced the OEM pads with HAWK HP+ pads. These are aggressive enough for track duty and I like them so far. I've actually had these before on my '05 WRX wagon - very good initial bite with good stopping power.

Rear Sway bar and Kartboy endlinks installed today. The car is still up on the lift until I complete the fronts tomorrow. Please feel free to call out any blatant errors (my first time installing swaybars).

I'll re-torque everything once it gets down from the lift.

I Support ClubWRX
    AFAIK the swaybar should be installed with the suspension under load.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.