MY '11 WRX 5-door...Progress - Page 12
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

This is a discussion on MY '11 WRX 5-door...Progress within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Can anyone with the AEM CAI chime in on their opinion of it? I'm debating whether or not I should ...

Can anyone with the AEM CAI chime in on their opinion of it? I'm debating whether or not I should keep or sell it. It's sitting in my garage and I've heard that many don't feel much of a power difference vs. the stock air box.
    '11 WRX 5-door Premium - Satin White Pearl
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...-progress.html

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

pretty sure the stock box is good to about 350HP- but dont quote me on it but its what i heard.

I don't have one but I want one. From all the research I have done, it is worth it if you want more intake noise, and if you look into it, there are dyno runs with them on and it seems to give 5-10 hp. Only reason I don't have one yet is cuz I'm broke and I'm buying my catback 1st. But I want one.

But verdict is mainly that is it worth hp per $$? Not really.. can you get basically the same power out of the stock box? Pretty much. (This is just my opinion) but I would also look at getting the Perrin turbo inlet If you are doing the inlet. But others may say against it.

The AEM has actually shown to have decent gains when tuned for (as is necessary with the Legacy style intakes on the 3rd Gens). I've seen dyno results adding 10whp or so with a tune. That's why Cobb actually has OTS maps for the AEM intake. I'd actually keep it and throw it on.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

^^Agree^^

2011+ Recall = LAME!!!

Basically, I will have to put the stock downpipe back on, uninstall the AP, take to dealer for reflash, reiinstall my parts. What a waste of freaking time! I got the letter for my 2012 Tribeca too!

Dear Subaru Owner:

We would like to thank you for your selection of a Subaru vehicle. At Subaru, we take pride in our products and are committed to your continued satisfaction.

Subaru has developed a modification to the Engine Control Module software logic to improve the monitoring parameters within the On-Board Diagnostic (OBDll) system for the engine coolant thermostat. This correction ensures that should there be an abnormal condition (i.e., the engine coolant does not reach or maintain the proper operating temperature), the “check engine light” will illuminate. The proper illumination of the “check engine light” is needed to alert you that corrective action may be required.

This software change has no effect on fuel economy or vehicle performance.

WHAT WE ARE ASKING YOU TO DO PROMPTLY

We ask that you schedule an appointment with your Subaru Dealer as soon as possible to have your vehicle’s Engine Control Module software reprogrammed. This will take approximately 30 minutes to complete. However, it may be necessary for you to leave your car longer on the day of your appointment to allow your dealer flexibility in scheduling. Your Subaru dealer will perform this modification at no cost to you.

CALIFORNIA REGISTERED OWNERS

The California Air Resources Board requires that emission related campaigns be completed prior to California’s vehicle registration renewal process; without this repair, you will not be able to register your vehicle during your next annual registration. Upon completion of this campaign, your California dealer will complete and provide you a “Proof of Correction Certificate.” If required, present the certificate to the California Department of Motor Vehicles (the “DMV&rdquo when renewing your California registration as proof of campaign completion. If the DMV does not request the certificate, we recommend that you keep it for your records.

In addition, the State of California requires that every vehicle must pass an emission test (SMOG Check) every two years and before it is sold. Without the service we are providing at no charge, your vehicle may not pass this test.

IF YOU NEED FURTHER ASSISTANCE

To locate the nearest Subaru Dealer you can access our website at Subaru Cars, Sedans, SUVs, Crossovers, Wagons | Subaru of America and select “Find a Dealer”.

For additional information and the most Frequently Asked Questions, please go to: http://www.wqc39.service-campaign.com

If you need additional assistance, please contact us directly:

Telephone: 1-800-SUBARU3 (1-800-782-2783)
    Monday through Thursday between 7:30 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. ET
    Friday between 10:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. ET
    Saturday between 9:00 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. ET
    E-mail: Go to Subaru Cars, Sedans, SUVs, Crossovers, Wagons | Subaru of America and select “Contact Us”.
    U.S. Postal mail: Write us at Subaru of America, Inc., Attn: CDS Department, P.O. Box 6000, Cherry Hill, NJ 08034-6000.

Please contact us immediately if the dealer fails or is unable to make the necessary repairs free of charge.

Your continued satisfaction with Subaru is important to us. This update is intended to ensure your vehicle’s optimal performance. We appreciate your understanding in this matter and regret any inconvenience this may cause you.

Sincerely,
    Subaru of America, Inc.

ya i got that letter too here in WA

Quote Originally Posted by GOMEZ View Post
    2011+ Recall = LAME!!!

Basically, I will have to put the stock downpipe back on, uninstall the AP, take to dealer for reflash, reiinstall my parts. What a waste of freaking time! I got the letter for my 2012 Tribeca too!
    same here. not removing my stuff though. just going to uninstall in the parking lot and let them do thier thing.

not worth the time and effort for me. lol

my appointment is on Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    2012 WRX Premium Hatch, Stage 2
    Ice Silver Metal

MY '11 WRX 5-door...Progress

How much would you sell the AEM for? I got the recall letter too. Gonna remove my tune and take the car in then tune it again once i get home. Just going to have them do the service while it is getting inspected in Jan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bryan | Stink-Eye Mob #265

07 Impreza Outback Sport, 5spd
    Sad I don't have this anymore:
    2012 WRX Premium, Plasma Blue Pearl hatch, Stage 1+
    check out my build thread

^Not sure if this is accurate, but I heard the dealer techs must reflash your car. So if you have an intake or downpipe like I do, it would be a bad idea to let them drive it with these mods. Stage 1 guys, you're lucky - you just need to uninstall AP.

Bpeters- you're probably better off buying from Rallysport direct as I would sell pretty close to what I bought it for and charge you shipping.

MY '11 WRX 5-door...Progress

Thanks. Ive actually found it on amazon for ~ 200 plus I work for amazon so I get a small discount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bryan | Stink-Eye Mob #265

07 Impreza Outback Sport, 5spd
    Sad I don't have this anymore:
    2012 WRX Premium, Plasma Blue Pearl hatch, Stage 1+
    check out my build thread

Some pics from the track day on 12.23

is the recall only for 2011?

I have it for my 2012