Broken 04 WRX

This is a discussion on Broken 04 WRX within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I hav an 04 WRX that i bought from a dealership in july. The car came with a one year ...

Question Broken 04 WRX

I hav an 04 WRX that i bought from a dealership in july. The car came with a one year warrenty on the engine and transmission. After having the car for about a week i had a few local subi guys look at it. Who ever had the car B4 me put about 10k$ in mods to it.
    PERRIN front mount IC kit
    PERRIN ait intake
    BORLA header
    BORLA catback
    INVIDEN DP with FP green turbo
    AFTERMARKET clutch
    Fuel pump and 850cc injecters
    TURBOXS P/B << now replaced with accessport and a 2stage dyno tune

Last week the car started running ruff and missfiring i called the warr company and was told to take to any ASE shop
    A friend of mine ownes a shop the rebuild old muscle cars. We found out that cylender 2 was low on commpression. The warr company is going to either pay for a new 2.0wrx motor or pay to have mine rebuilt. All i see online line is the 2.0 JDM sti motors. I was thinking of doing the 2.5 STI assembled bottom end that i see online for 1800$ and using my 2.0 heads and assessorys. Other than Arp HEAD studs and new gaskets is there any other major parts that is needed?
    OIL PUMP/PICK UP AND PAN..NEW HEADERS>>INTAKE>>WILL ALL THIS STUFF STILL BE THE SAME OR DO I NOW NEED TO GET 2.5 STI STUFF?? ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT OR IF ANYONE HAS DONE THIS SWAP I WOULD LOVE TO GET A LIL BIT OF HELP ON WHAT I AM GETTING MY SELF IN TOO

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

As of last night it started blowing oil smoke out the exhaust it is only a matter of time b4 it goes boom

I Support ClubWRX
    What are your compression/leakdown results?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I had 140psi on 1/3/4 and 50psi on 2. #2 also had oil on the spark plug and I am. Ow throwing a misfire code for cylender 2