Subaru WRX Forum banner

My 2011 WRX

21K views 149 replies 24 participants last post by  SD_GR 
#1 ·
I just need a space where I can document all that's been done with photos. Why not here. I don't expect anyone to follow/subscribe but will be nice for me to document. Plus will be nice to have this list years from now!

#2 · (Edited)
Place holding with a few pics of her when I first purchased the car.

This ridiculous fin had to go. I mean wtf?!

A list of upcoming mods- in order-

KB STS front and Rear Bushings
Master Cylinder Brace
Steel/Braided Brake lines
Tranny Mount

(would love opinions/thoughts on these two)
GrimmSpeed EBCS
TMIC (not sure which vendor)

Current Modifications

TP OTS Stage 2 Tune
Cobb CAI
Invidia Catless DP
Magnaflow CBE
KBSTS
AP Pitch stop
Whiteline Steering Rack Bushings
25mm Perrin Front Sway
22mm Perrin Rear Sway
Eibach Springs
Hawk Pads

Exterior
18" Race Comp Wheels, Black
WRX vinyl side emblem inserts
Carbon Fiber/Matte Black Stars Subaru emblem (F&R)
Hella Supertones
WRX OEM Spoiler

#5 ·
It really had that wing on it?????

DD Time Attack personal jet :rotfl:

#7 ·
I 100% agree with this post.

#9 ·
Bahahahahaha

Yes that was what I first noticed when they rolled it off the truck. I used it to squeeze the stock Subaru spoiler.

But I had to drive around for a couple of days with that thing on. Do you know how ridiculous that was? I felt like a total doosh

That spoiler was the reason I got illegal tint. I didn't want anyone seeing me

But now it's just sitting in my garage. I'm sure some kid with a Mitsubishi galant would salivate over it

#12 ·
for future reference, you could of just taken that ugly ass thing off and put electrical tape over the holes... Yea its electrical tape and its temporary, but that wing damages your ego and you will never be the same again,

#15 ·
Do you know what would happen if I put that on NASIOC? They would riot the streets. And they would creat their own version of OWS and come and squat in my yard.

I am going to set it on fire and video it and share it on DOHCHONDA.org

#19 ·
updated post #2 with current Mods - would love your thoughts on the EBCs and TMIC at stage 2. Essentially, not look for 400hp. This is my DD, i have a 500+hp machine. Also not looking to upgrade any internals etc. Essentially wanting to get more out of my set up is all...

updating for photos as well...

#20 ·
SRTSamb said:
would love your thoughts on the EBCs and TMIC at stage 2. Essentially, not look for 400hp. This is my DD, i have a 500+hp machine. Also not looking to upgrade any internals etc.
The BCS will allow for better boost control. An MBC provides even better control, and when used in conjunction with a BCS, is the best of both worlds.

A TMIC will allow for faster spool, and more power everywhere in the RPM range, when properly accounted for.

If you're going in for a custom reflash already, both would be worthwhile if you can swing it. Also consider replacing the plastic valve with something like the Forge or Tial recirc units.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

#21 ·
SRTSamb said:
would love your thoughts on the EBCs and TMIC at stage 2. Essentially, not look for 400hp. This is my DD, i have a 500+hp machine. Also not looking to upgrade any internals etc.
The BCS will allow for better boost control. An MBC provides even better control, and when used in conjunction with a BCS, is the best of both worlds.

A TMIC will allow for faster spool, and more power everywhere in the RPM range.

If you're going in for a custom reflash already, both would be worthwhile if you can swing it. Also consider replacing the plastic valve with something like the Forge or Tial recirc units.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

#23 ·
Also consider replacing the plastic valve with something like the Forge or Tial recirc units.
Thought they really only started to fail around 20psi?

#26 ·
SRTSamb said:
Which plastic valve?
Bypass valve

Drews said:
Thought they really only started to fail around 20psi?
The OE valves have leaked at lower levels on the '08+ than the '02-'07 ones. Whether or not it'll be an issue for the OP, who knows, but it'd be good to have a replacement handy if needed (if not, sell the part to recoup as much as possible). A BPV swap is a 5 minute ordeal, which is better than having to get a touch-up tune down the line.

#27 ·
ok. that makes sense. Seems the 08+ have gone a cheaper route on the BPV. now here is a question... i began to do some research and found some information on the NASIOC

Blow Off Valve FAQ: Read if you are thinking of buying one! - NASIOC

if you scroll down a bit, Unabomber seems to indicate that the 08+ are only able to hold 17PSI. My car is tuned at stage 2 and i am touching 19. am i not holding that on to that extra 2PSI?

Bypass valve

The OE valves have leaked at lower levels on the '08+ than the '02-'07 ones. Whether or not it'll be an issue for the OP, who knows, but it'd be good to have a replacement handy if needed (if not, sell the part to recoup as much as possible). A BPV swap is a 5 minute ordeal, which is better than having to get a touch-up tune down the line.

#28 ·
SRTSamb said:
ok. that makes sense. Seems the 08+ have gone a cheaper route on the BPV. now here is a question... i began to do some research and found some information on the NASIOC

Blow Off Valve FAQ: Read if you are thinking of buying one! - NASIOC

if you scroll down a bit, Unabomber seems to indicate that the 08+ are only able to hold 17PSI. My car is tuned at stage 2 and i am touching 19. am i not holding that on to that extra 2PSI?
Some people have issues with the OE valve leaking, some don't. When you go for a custom tune, I would have one handy in case it's needed.

#29 ·
Got some good driving timing logged with these new bushings.

I imagine that on their own they make a huge difference. The combo of pitch stop + KBSTS + front and rear bushings has really improved what I feel is one of the weak spots on this car. For roughly the cost;

$100 bushings
$100 STS
$100 PS

you can virtually nullify a weak spot in this car. (the 5MT is ok but it shifts like a school bus)

I read somewhere that changing the bushings would creat a tighter, maybe even more concerted shift. I think a better description is that it's made it more precise.

There is 0 shift "slop" when i shift. There is definitely more NVH. Not great increased. but again like the steering bushings, this is a noticeable, worthwhile upgrade.

#39 ·
What do you think of those bushings? I have loved every drive line (bushing/mount) mod I've done to my car. The car is noisy, but it's a blast to drive. Wasn't too quiet to begin with though. Relatively cheap modifications as well if you don't mind the noise.

The EBCS would be next up in the list I'd say. Larger TMIC won't hurt, the only issue in my opinion is the price. Decent units aren't cheap. Most on here go with process west due to the fact its a high quality unit and they include an air splitter that is designed for it.

May want to look into some gauges. Boost gauge is always helpful if you don't have one (especially when adding an EBCS as a safety check on the tune), and an oil pressure gauge is a nice heads up for if anything starts to go south. Those SMY clusters are pretty nice. I put one in mine and it fits nicely. Most people get in that haven't been in my car in a while and are like, wait, those weren't there before... what was there.

Coming along nicely =)

#40 ·
I'm with you man. The steering and shifter bushings to me are the best bang for your buck mod.

I wasn't sure it would matter that much, but I paid I think 150 total for both? So I figured big deal if I don't notice it. I really noticed the steering bushings. That is a great improvement over stock!

I am currently looking into a pulley. I like the idea of the lighter pulley, faster rev. I also have the SPT gauge but hate its location. I am
Looking into that SMY cluster

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.