My 2011 WRX - Page 6
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

This is a discussion on My 2011 WRX within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by SRTSamb Yes absolutely! 2011-2012 Subaru WRX Whiteline Rear Subframe Bushings: JSC Speed Nice man. I've gotta say ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SRTSamb View Post
    Nice man. I've gotta say the engine/tranny mount combo was awesome. More so the engine mounts. Not as much noise as I'd expect. A LOT of engine feel/vibration at higher RPMs. Really helped out the shifter bushings as well actually. Not sure why - balanced the tranny mount out I guess.

Nice car =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Heide264 View Post
    Nice man. I've gotta say the engine/tranny mount combo was awesome. More so the engine mounts. Not as much noise as I'd expect. A LOT of engine feel/vibration at higher RPMs. Really helped out the shifter bushings as well actually. Not sure why - balanced the tranny mount out I guess.

Nice car =)
    Thank you!

I bought the SMY cluster and two new gauges. I was harping on OEM
    But got such a good deal on two gauges, Pro Sport EVO. I like the idea of the digital gauges, in theory. I think what I will do is try them out and if i don't like them I will sell them and go with the original
    Plan. Now I need to to sell my SPT gauge boost gauge
    2011 OBP WRX::Invidia Catless DP::Cobb CAI::TP 93 STG2::KB STS::Perrin Sways::

I Support ClubWRX
    I wanted to get digital AEMs at first.But then realized that since there was nothing else digital on the dashboard,it would look awkward.

Thankfully Prosport just came out with tehir white needle gauge.

Now I need to to sell my SPT gauge boost gauge
    good luck with that!
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Installed!

I Support ClubWRX
    ...as it should be.
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

Quote Originally Posted by lokey View Post
    ...as it should be.
    The install was SUPER easy

I was taking everything a part when the UPS guy showed at 4. I took 5 minutes to look at the direction and was like WTF these are terrible. 20 minutes and I had it wired like I wanted.

I had everything installed and back together in less than 1 hour. Anybody considering this, DO IT. For and finish is great. Gauge install is easier than it looks.

The install was SUPER easy

I was taking everything a part when the UPS guy showed at 4. I took 5 minutes to look at the direction and was like WTF these are terrible. 20 minutes and I had it wired like I wanted.

I had everything installed and back together in less than 1 hour. Anybody considering this, DO IT. For and finish is great. Gauge install is easier than it looks.
    They were simple as hell in my 2007 STI. I had 3 prosports. Same thing...everything was done in under and hour. Toughest part of the install was trying to wedge yourself up to the grommet in the firewall under the dash
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    Looks good.

My install took a bit longer because I had to take off the alternator to install the oil pressure gauge sender.

And like Mikie the damn wires wouldn't go through the firewall.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Looks good.

My install took a bit longer because I had to take off the alternator to install the oil pressure gauge sender.

Yeah, I admit I didn't have to do all of that. Makes me think twice about something other than the volt!

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Looks good.

Smartest thing I did was go to Radio Shack and spent about $20 on a good set of connectors, crimps, and spare colored electrical wire to keep in my "electrical kit." I'd used similar stuff for a ton of Audio installs, so it made everything much easier having extra wire and connectors on hand.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Smartest thing I did was go to Radio Shack and spent about $20 on a good set of connectors, crimps, and spare colored electrical wire to keep in my "electrical kit." I'd used similar stuff for a ton of Audio installs, so it made everything much easier having extra wire and connectors on hand.
    I solder all my connections.And by now I have a huge collection of terminals & connectors.

Best thing to get http://www.amazon.com/Bernzomatic-ST...228134&sr=8-11
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

I just realized in the photo the battery read 9.8 i went out an fired her up, she's at 9.0 GRRRR new battery time

I just realized in the photo the battery read 9.8 i went out an fired her up, she's at 9.0 GRRRR new battery time
    Aaaassctually... Went and bought a new battery. And discovered two funny things.

1. Gague still reads 8.0-9.5 I tested it too and it read around 11

But if I turn my lights off it jumps up.

2. Boost gauge works great - except if I turn my headlights on, and my interior lighting all the way up, it only reads to 16psi. If I dim it by one "click" it reads fine. WTF

I Support ClubWRX
    Aaaassctually... Went and bought a new battery. And discovered two funny things.

1. Gague still reads 8.0-9.5 I tested it too and it read around 11

But if I turn my lights off it jumps up.

2. Boost gauge works great - except if I turn my headlights on, and my interior lighting all the way up, it only reads to 16psi. If I dim it by one "click" it reads fine. WTF
    Where did you get power? Clock? Fuse tap?
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

Quote Originally Posted by lokey View Post
    Where did you get power? Clock? Fuse tap?
    Clock. I am going to try to re tap else where. Seems like really odds behavior