My 2011 WRX - Page 2
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

This is a discussion on My 2011 WRX within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hahaha a troll thread on NAISOC would be amazing! Although they might be too busy with the whole "Ripped off ...

I Support ClubWRX
    hahaha a troll thread on NAISOC would be amazing! Although they might be too busy with the whole "Ripped off Hard" thread right now to notice
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    hahaha a troll thread on NAISOC would be amazing! Although they might be too busy with the whole "Ripped off Hard" thread right now to notice
    I should photoshop one onto a 5 door, on the roof and do a DIY
    2011 OBP WRX::Invidia Catless DP::Cobb CAI::TP 93 STG2::KB STS::Perrin Sways::

I Support ClubWRX
    Only if you say something like. "Adds like 50hp guaranteed!!!"
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

updated post #2 with current Mods - would love your thoughts on the EBCs and TMIC at stage 2. Essentially, not look for 400hp. This is my DD, i have a 500+hp machine. Also not looking to upgrade any internals etc. Essentially wanting to get more out of my set up is all...

updating for photos as well...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SRTSamb
    would love your thoughts on the EBCs and TMIC at stage 2. Essentially, not look for 400hp. This is my DD, i have a 500+hp machine. Also not looking to upgrade any internals etc.
    The BCS will allow for better boost control. An MBC provides even better control, and when used in conjunction with a BCS, is the best of both worlds.

A TMIC will allow for faster spool, and more power everywhere in the RPM range, when properly accounted for.

If you're going in for a custom reflash already, both would be worthwhile if you can swing it. Also consider replacing the plastic valve with something like the Forge or Tial recirc units.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    would love your thoughts on the EBCs and TMIC at stage 2. Essentially, not look for 400hp. This is my DD, i have a 500+hp machine. Also not looking to upgrade any internals etc.
    The BCS will allow for better boost control. An MBC provides even better control, and when used in conjunction with a BCS, is the best of both worlds.

A TMIC will allow for faster spool, and more power everywhere in the RPM range.

If you're going in for a custom reflash already, both would be worthwhile if you can swing it. Also consider replacing the plastic valve with something like the Forge or Tial recirc units.

UNYSOC

Done! Under an hour! Haven't driven it yet

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Also consider replacing the plastic valve with something like the Forge or Tial recirc units.
    Thought they really only started to fail around 20psi?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    The plastic one is worse than the other stockers...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

A TMIC will allow for faster spool, and more power everywhere in the RPM range.

Which plastic valve?

I Support ClubWRX
    Which plastic valve?
    Bypass valve

Quote Originally Posted by Drews
    The OE valves have leaked at lower levels on the '08+ than the '02-'07 ones. Whether or not it'll be an issue for the OP, who knows, but it'd be good to have a replacement handy if needed (if not, sell the part to recoup as much as possible). A BPV swap is a 5 minute ordeal, which is better than having to get a touch-up tune down the line.

UNYSOC

ok. that makes sense. Seems the 08+ have gone a cheaper route on the BPV. now here is a question... i began to do some research and found some information on the NASIOC

Blow Off Valve FAQ: Read if you are thinking of buying one! - NASIOC

if you scroll down a bit, Unabomber seems to indicate that the 08+ are only able to hold 17PSI. My car is tuned at stage 2 and i am touching 19. am i not holding that on to that extra 2PSI?

Bypass valve

The OE valves have leaked at lower levels on the '08+ than the '02-'07 ones. Whether or not it'll be an issue for the OP, who knows, but it'd be good to have a replacement handy if needed (if not, sell the part to recoup as much as possible). A BPV swap is a 5 minute ordeal, which is better than having to get a touch-up tune down the line.

I Support ClubWRX
    ok. that makes sense. Seems the 08+ have gone a cheaper route on the BPV. now here is a question... i began to do some research and found some information on the NASIOC

Blow Off Valve FAQ: Read if you are thinking of buying one! - NASIOC

if you scroll down a bit, Unabomber seems to indicate that the 08+ are only able to hold 17PSI. My car is tuned at stage 2 and i am touching 19. am i not holding that on to that extra 2PSI?
    Some people have issues with the OE valve leaking, some don't. When you go for a custom tune, I would have one handy in case it's needed.

UNYSOC

Got some good driving timing logged with these new bushings.

I imagine that on their own they make a huge difference. The combo of pitch stop + KBSTS + front and rear bushings has really improved what I feel is one of the weak spots on this car. For roughly the cost;

$100 bushings
    $100 STS
    $100 PS

you can virtually nullify a weak spot in this car. (the 5MT is ok but it shifts like a school bus)

I read somewhere that changing the bushings would creat a tighter, maybe even more concerted shift. I think a better description is that it's made it more precise.

There is 0 shift "slop" when i shift. There is definitely more NVH. Not great increased. but again like the steering bushings, this is a noticeable, worthwhile upgrade.

So the car was used right? Cause as will smith would say damm I mean wow who in there right mind would pat that on any car