Subaru WRX Forum banner

Drews RS Build

40K views 245 replies 37 participants last post by  JaySin 
#1 · (Edited)
As many of you know I picked up a 98 RS with an H6 in it that wasn't running. I've just really decided to dedicated most of my spare time to putting it together. I'm actually posting this thread from the garage :) I'll snap some pictures and post them when I go inside and get on my desktop.

RS Goldies

H6 deliciousness

Rats nest

See less See more
Reactions: mycologist
#199 ·
Frealz...2500 bucks.

#201 ·
Stock 2500HD. It's also the 6.0 gas.

#203 ·
Uh...wut?

#205 ·

Oh hey, this car never ended up going away. Long story short, a guy put a deposit down on the car and never came to get it. In fact, I have not heard from this individual in well over 6 weeks. His loss is my gain and I used his deposit money to purchase a haness merge.

Before I get started I want to put in a plug for Brian at iWire, because he did a fantastic job. I felt REALLY bad since I was so back and forth on comitting to purchasing the harness but when I did, he was absolutely fantasitic. I know that a lot of people over on RS25.com think that he's over priced, but you really do get what you pay for. He was well worth what I paid to have the harness merge done. But onto the goodies!

Here it is unboxed (sorry for dumpy cell phone pics, my SLR had a dead battery.):

I had to splice in the door connectors from the original dash harness that was all mangled (this is just one side):

And here was my stopping point, most everything is plugged in, I just have some finishing touches to do and I should be good to go!

That first pic, the box that's on the car, it's full of parts. So be on the look out for updates to this soon. :)

#206 ·
Great to see that this is still going on =). Good luck!

#212 ·
Harness merge has been installed. The car now cranks over and gets fuel but will not start. Looks like I have some troubleshooting to do.

#213 ·
Solved the fuel pump issue I was having. I had a bad ground on the fuel pump. After some other work, I took a break so I don't burn out the starter. I may be able to have it started tomorrow. We shall see.

#215 ·
#218 ·
I had it listed for sale.

#222 ·
Sup?

#224 · (Edited)
Radiator support pieces have been ordered and are en route to my house. :)

#225 ·
God the amount of progress you are making in such a short amount of time is killing me.

#226 ·
Give me a break, I've got other priorities. lol

#227 ·
So she runs like a champ. Worked out a few kinks. Now I just need to get the rear brakes situated, the front end welded up, and the interior back in one piece and she's road worthy.

#229 ·
I've been following your build. It's some serious work, both the plans and the labor A+
Do you have any pics of the RS out in the wild?
Amazing work, keep it up.

#231 ·
I got some work done this weekend. Installed my unicorns, which are DBA rotors made specifically for my setup which were backordered into eternity. Installed new pads on the rears and cleaned them up a bit. Started pulling out pieces of the interior that I will not be using and started making templates to have some carbon pieces made for covers. Replaced front and rear O2 sensors as well. I have the radiator support tacked in place and just need to finish welding it up and burp the system. My AP shows up today and after that, I need a map I can run on the car and then I'll run 11s. Pics below!

RS - Album on Imgur

#232 ·
Soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.