Drews RS Build - Page 4
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Drews RS Build within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; GTR35 is moar better...

GTR35 is moar better
    - Nicky -
    2006 WRX Steel Gray
    23:4--3:6--27:1

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by The Gator View Post
    GTR35 is moar better
    Disagree, respectfully of course
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

But its all about that AWD
    - Nicky -
    2006 WRX Steel Gray

Uhhh the R34 has all wheel drive.... so did the R33 before it

On topic, awesome build Drews

Wow, fail i thought it was rear wheel.
    - Nicky -
    2006 WRX Steel Gray

I Support ClubWRX
    Wow, fail i thought it was rear wheel.
    Also they were talking about turbo's Not Skylines....
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

The GTR35 is a car the GT35R is a turbo. Isnt it the placment of the "R"?
    - Nicky -
    2006 WRX Steel Gray

The GTR35 is a car the GT35R is a turbo. Isnt it the placment of the "R"?
    Ha you guys have me lost now. ^Yes, that's true...GTR, R34 is the Skyline made up until 2001. GTR R35 is technically the new GTR. I only say the R34 is better because it has a true manual transmission, which the R35 does not. Both are AWD, however the R34 never had anything more than about a 75/25 rear-biased power split, that was unchangeable. Yes the R35 outperforms it in almost every way, but I'm a purist and like a true standard gearbox over paddle shifters.

GT35R is a variant of turbo, that is rotated when mounted to the Subaru engine. It provides for quicker spool for such a large turbo, as well as a shorter path for the charge pipe to reach the FMIC. These are some of the things that make rotated turbos able to produce so much power.

Edit: Technically the new Generation GTR is only designated as the GTR and not actually having a R35 moniker, though it is known generally as that. Nissan actually did produce the Skyline V35, after 2001 which was based on the 350z/Infinity G35 platform. So it was basically a G35 with Nissan badges and with "Skyline" on the back instead of G35. The sedans also carried the Skyline name.
    Last edited by Mikie13; 06-21-2012 at 07:42 AM.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Thanks for the clarification. I was pretty sure we were talking about cars cause i have never hear of a gtr34 turbo. And i see where your coming from with the R34, a true manual would be better.
    - Nicky -
    2006 WRX Steel Gray

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    So I just got back from NW FL with a donor STI for my RS build. Winning.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

I Support ClubWRX
    Alright...I started stripping down the STI. I'm going to try and dedicate 2 or so hours during weekdays to get this done. And then I'll probably be spending many a hot weekend outside putting all the stuff into my RS. So, here are some pics of the progress.

04 STI. It was most definitely a return to stock car and it's quite apparent when you see the WRX TMIC. A lot of the stock hardware was missing. Not a big deal since I have most of the stuff for it already. Whatever I don't have I'll just order online.

The next thing to tackle is the rest of the dash, then the harness. Once I get all that out, I'll drop the trans and pull the motor. I'll probably spend this upcoming weekend stripping out the rest of the RS if the weather holds out.

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

I Support ClubWRX
    Alright guys! Day two of getting the STI stripped down. I really wish I could dedicate more time to this...I've got the entire dash out minus the support. Here are my pictures starting with where I left off.

This is what I started with...

Me doing some work. (actually watching Top Gear)

And here is where I stopped. Getting the dash out isn't too bad, it just takes some patience with getting some of the connectors out.

I like the ridiculous amounts of back sweat the most lol
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by spirited09wrx View Post
    I like the ridiculous amounts of back sweat the most lol
    Hey it's hot here, don't judge me. lol

I Support ClubWRX
    Why are you even wearing a shirt? Zach has tips on how to sweat less.

Are you working alone?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.