Subaru WRX Forum banner

Drews RS Build

40K views 245 replies 37 participants last post by  JaySin 
#1 · (Edited)
As many of you know I picked up a 98 RS with an H6 in it that wasn't running. I've just really decided to dedicated most of my spare time to putting it together. I'm actually posting this thread from the garage :) I'll snap some pictures and post them when I go inside and get on my desktop.

RS Goldies

H6 deliciousness

Rats nest

See less See more
Reactions: mycologist
#144 ·
So I've gotten the majority of the harness out of the STI and into the RS. I believe that some of the stuff is plug and play and won't require merging. So I'm going to hunt down some wiring diagrams and see what I can cut out.

#148 ·
Along with blood, sweat, and so many tears. lol

#150 ·
Alright, this is going on hold for a little while so I can find someone to do a harness merge for me. IWire over on RS25 seems to be a popular choice so I emailed him. It's not really putting in on hold...it just not going to run as soon as I hoped.

#152 ·
Maybe. It was probably the fact that the PO was just careless and did all sorts of bone head splices and stuff. With a merge I'll be able to get all my components to work together and not have to worry about whether or not it will work.

#154 ·
Exactly, I found a guy that will do it for 650. 725 if I want cruise control. He's big over on RS25 so I figure I can trust him. It's just a matter of how salvageable my RS harness is.

#158 ·
True...I think for the under dash harness for the RS it's 1200 bucks.

#160 ·
#164 ·
It's hard work man. I've definitely learned a lot over the last 2 months.

So a little update, but no pics guys. :(

I've got the rest of the harness out now that my back has been feeling better. All I have left is the rest of the a/c and the pedals pretty much. After that the STI goes to the scrap yard. Any suggestions for getting a car with absolutely nothing in it to the scrap yard?

#169 ·
Motor and transmission are in the RS.

#174 ·
Well the pictures are on my DSLR and without a computer to plug into, I have no way to upload the pictures.

#176 ·
My camera on my phone is so scratched that you can't get pics out of it.

#185 ·
On my phone, yes.

#186 ·
Update time! I have a 98RS dash harness in my living room. Sunday I'll be merging it. If I can stay focused, I think I can the car started, not running (still needs radiator support), next weekend.

#187 ·
I've been lazy.

#197 ·
Yeah I sold it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.