STi... and thus it begins
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on STi... and thus it begins within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I got my new boost gauge and holder Monday. Installed it tonight and I am please to say that ...

STi... and thus it begins

So I got my new boost gauge and holder Monday. Installed it tonight and I am please to say that I am very happy with it. I'll get some pictures posted tomorrow at work once I can resize them (phone takes huge photos).

And so the mod bug has bitten.

List of future mods:

• Fog lights
    • CBE (Invidia Q300)
    • New Whiteline swaybars w/ Kartboy endlinks (24mm F/ 22mm R)

Don't know what else to do. Not really looking for more power. More into joy riding on back roads. I'll keep posting photos as I go along. Gonna take a bit between each one (gotta save money).
    Alex
    2005 STi
    1968 AMC AMX
    1964 Chevrolet Corvair
    Blobeye Syndicate #479

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Okay here are the pictures I promised

Old gauge at night

New gauge at night

New gauge in daylight
    Alex
    2005 STi
    1968 AMC AMX
    1964 Chevrolet Corvair
    Blobeye Syndicate #479

Looks good! I would suggest upgrading bushings. Great bang for the buck and really improve the feel of the car
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

Quote Originally Posted by jd92677 View Post
    Looks good! I would suggest upgrading bushings. Great bang for the buck and really improve the feel of the car
    Yeah I was thinking of upgrading the bushings. Any suggestions on a brand?

Another addition to a mod is a new head unit. The stock one thats in it sucks (the lens/electrical is on the fritz). Any suggestions on this too? I had a Dual in my 96' Blazer but it wasn't great (I thought it looked cool and I was 16 at the time). I'm not looking to upgrade the speakers or add a sub.
    Alex
    2005 STi
    1968 AMC AMX
    1964 Chevrolet Corvair
    Blobeye Syndicate #479

I have kartboy shifter and bushings, perrin subframe and rear diff inserts, and Torque solutions pitchstop. They made a big difference in feel, but also some added NVH. Alpine and Pioneer both make good headunits for our cars and have adaptors for steering wheel controls.
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    Pioneer AVH P4300DVD and Kartboy or Whiteline bushings all around
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

I am a fan of anything Pioneer, especially DVD/Nav units. Garrett's suggestion is a good one without Nav, at a good price.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

and you can add nav, bluetooth, iPod etc later on. Plus it has "app mode" for iPhone so any app you can use on your iPhone you can use through the head unit. This includes netflix and pandora
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

Awesome. Thanks for all the suggestions.

and you can add nav, bluetooth, iPod etc later on. Plus it has "app mode" for iPhone so any app you can use on your iPhone you can use through the head unit. This includes netflix and pandora
    Do you know if it will work with a phone that runs Android?
    Alex
    2005 STi
    1968 AMC AMX
    1964 Chevrolet Corvair
    Blobeye Syndicate #479

Quote Originally Posted by ArkySTI88 View Post
    Do you know if it will work with a phone that runs Android?
    I know you can play music/video from the droid but you lose all the controls and I don't believe you can use pandora/netflix or any app for that matter. Honestly, I don't know that anyone on the market makes an android friendly head unit which is one of many reasons I'll be trading my Droid Incredible in for an iPhone here in a couple months
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

Quote Originally Posted by GarrettKoonsman View Post
    I know you can play music/video from the droid but you lose all the controls and I don't believe you can use pandora/netflix or any app for that matter. Honestly, I don't know that anyone on the market makes an android friendly head unit which is one of many reasons I'll be trading my Droid Incredible in for an iPhone here in a couple months
    Ah okay. I know there is a Pandora app for Android. I wont be using my phone with it much anyway. For being 23 I'm old school (I'll stick with the CDs and iPod).
    Alex
    2005 STi
    1968 AMC AMX
    1964 Chevrolet Corvair
    Blobeye Syndicate #479

I probably won't use it much with my phone but my reasoning for going with the unit were as follow:
    1. Price - I think its easily the best double-din in its price range that is DVD ready
    2. GPS - Or more lack of, I use my garmin and would rather not have to have GPS up on my stereo. for me, separate is is better
    3. Expandability - you can add all kinds of stuff to this thing to make it exactly what you want without having to buy the crap you don't want
    4. Design/Quality - It looks fantastic and is of very high quality
    5. App mode - I love pandora and hate downloading music so being able to play pandora is much easier for me
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

Sounds like its a big bang for the buck! I think I found what I'm gonna get with Christmas money!
    Alex
    2005 STi
    1968 AMC AMX
    1964 Chevrolet Corvair
    Blobeye Syndicate #479

Definitely do some searching around and don't just buy it off crutchfield or something. I got mine through amazon prime for $359.99 shipped. I think they are a little higher now but there are good prices to be had if your willing to search a bit. Also, if you need help with the wiring or doing the DVD lockout or anything let me know as I wired it all up myself and it is very straightforward. Just order a wiring harness from crutchfield and it goes quick.
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    You can pick up the 4300 for under $400 shipped off Amazon. I got the 4200 (last years model) for $350 around Christmas

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.