STi... and thus it begins - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on STi... and thus it begins within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by EJ257 You can pick up the 4300 for under 0 shipped off Amazon. I got the 4200 ...

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    You can pick up the 4300 for under $400 shipped off Amazon. I got the 4200 (last years model) for $350 around Christmas

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    you almost beat me to it Keep in mind if you go with the 4200 a couple of the features I mentioned are not available as they were new for the 4300. App mode definitely and maybe a couple of the ports on the back for expansion. For some, no big deal. For others, those features matter so just make sure to do some reading on differences
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Oh yeah. I always research before I buy. I never just go out and buy stuff like this
    Alex
    2005 STi
    1968 AMC AMX
    1964 Chevrolet Corvair
    Blobeye Syndicate #479

good. I wish everyone did that. Would save a lot of headache
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrettKoonsman
    you almost beat me to it Keep in mind if you go with the 4200 a couple of the features I mentioned are not available as they were new for the 4300. App mode definitely and maybe a couple of the ports on the back for expansion. For some, no big deal. For others, those features matter so just make sure to do some reading on differences
    Do they still sell the 4200? I'm pretty sure the 4300 pricing is so aggressive is because it's an EOL unit (that was the case for the 4200). There will probably be a 4400 in 2012

2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Do they still sell the 4200? I'm pretty sure the 4300 pricing is so aggressive is because it's an EOL unit (that was the case for the 4200). There will probably be a 4400 in 2012

It looks like you can still get it from amazon but its actually more than the 4300. And thats my assumption as well. When I bought mine it was "shipped and sold from amazon.com" And now thats not available so I'm assuming amazon cleaned out their inventory in order to make way for the next model
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

Okay guys I've got a dilemma. Do I use any money I get for Christmas to get my foglights or stereo receiver or do I wait and save it till I get my bonus early next year and get my CBE? Choices choices choices
    Alex
    2005 STi
    1968 AMC AMX
    1964 Chevrolet Corvair
    Blobeye Syndicate #479

Where is the car lacking most to you?

Any performance plans?

Foglights aren't a necessity to me...so I'd do stereo first, though opening up the sound of the boxer rumble was virtually a necessity too...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

The only performance plans I have for it right now will be to eventually get sway bars for both the front and rear, and change out some of the bushings. None of it is really priority over the other with me, although I would like to have the CBE.

As for the foglights I would like to have them eventually. For me I like the aggressive look they can have on the front of the car.

I think that you just helped me answer my own question. I think I will wait and get the CBE. Really want that rumble.
    Last edited by ArkySTI88; 12-22-2011 at 07:27 AM.
    Alex
    2005 STi
    1968 AMC AMX
    1964 Chevrolet Corvair
    Blobeye Syndicate #479

Well I got some money for Christmas, now I just got to wait till mid January for my bonus check and I will get my CBE ordered.

Any suggestions? I've looked into the Invidia q300 but dont know if there might be something else out there that would fit what I want. I want something a little louder than the stock exhaust but don't want to sound like a fartcan. I like the boxer sound too much.

Unfortunately there arent any meets near where I am (that I know of) that I can go to to hear them in person. And most of the guys in the local Subaru club have either sold their cars or I cant get a hold of the others (no one gets on the forums anymore)
    Alex
    2005 STi
    1968 AMC AMX
    1964 Chevrolet Corvair
    Blobeye Syndicate #479

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ArkySTI88
    I've looked into the Invidia q300 but dont know if there might be something else out there that would fit what I want. I want something a little louder than the stock exhaust but don't want to sound like a fartcan.
    The Q300 is a great option for subtlety. It will be mildly louder at idle/cruise, and moderately louder under load than OE.

2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Check out youtube vids to get an idea of what they sound like. Obviously little cameras can't replicate true audio quality and the realistic loudness, but you will at least get an idea of the tone of many exhausts, especially when comparing the vids to each other.

I love my Invidia G200. Aggressive as hell looking, mean under WOT...but its relatively quiet, especially at cruising which is awesome.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Well finally made a purchase and got something for my STi. Went ahead and got a new stereo. Buddy of mine was selling his out of his 07 STi. Its a Pioneer Premium AVIC-F90BT. I really enjoy it over the stock stereo. Will be routing the iPod hook-up into my glove box soon.

Alex
    2005 STi
    1968 AMC AMX
    1964 Chevrolet Corvair
    Blobeye Syndicate #479

I Support ClubWRX
    What's your fuel level at? That gauge is pretty obtrusive!
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I Support ClubWRX
    I have that exact head unit. Definitely upgrade the Nav unit! There were some software changes that were a major upgrade
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I Support ClubWRX
    This thread is missing something.....oh yeah its' PICS!

J/K but only kinda

Arky that H/U looks awesome! It might be what I get instead of the Alpine I was looking at.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast