Subaru WRX Forum banner

Hammthemans build thread

5K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  Hammtheman 
#1 ·
im not sure if this is in the right spot but i saw drews in here so i figured wtf has to be close. but if it is wrong mods please move to the correct spot and pm me letting me know. any who i figured i should start ones these since i am tearing the subie apart big time this winter. i wont go into any long as details but i will leave you with a build list to oogle over
Oh and my goals are right around 350, i would be happy with 300 but 350 would me make very very happy

Blouch 18-XT Turbo
DW 650cc Inj
Warlboro 255 Fuel Pump
Spearco Top Mount
AEM Meth Kit
Go Fast Bits BOV
PnP Headers/Wrapped
Pnp Up-pipe/Wrapped
Fully Wrapped Exhaust
Act Clutch
Built Trans w/ Cyro Treated STI gears and Bigger main shaft
Poly Shifter Bushings & Linkage
Full Poly Bushings in suspension (any bushing Turn in Concepts will sell me)

might as well go through my car since day one. like 2 weeks into owning it

doing up-pipe

rims

coils/winter mode

summmer stance and shoes

so now thats outta the way. i just pulled the subie into my garage last week but just got started on friday.
heres my huge 4 car garage im using

the big ass work bench me and my grandfather built on saturday

new turbo and intercooler

clutch

heres the engine bay before

intake out

top-mount intercooler

new vs. old intercooler

so saturday i said i pulled the exhaust which consisted of headers/upipe and the downpipe. tomorrow i plan on pulling the turbo and the turbo inlet and starting on the port matching of the exhaust which i have pics of below
downpipe out

location of the wideband bung

headers/up-pipe out

new grimmspeed crosspipe compared to stock

beautiful welds

no port matching required on new piece

port match on header to cross-pipe

port match on header to up-pipe

i have a grimmspeed header also so no need to port match that

thats all i have today. hope to get a bunch done tomorrow stay tuned for me pics. have a good weekend guys

See less See more
#5 ·
so update. pulled the turbo today. didnt have a chance to work on any of the exhaust porting hope to do that this week if time permits. i got a few more parts in for the meth system today. hoping to finish up all the engine bay stuff in a week or so, then i plan of focusing all my time on wiring that and plumbing it in. idk if any of you guys have experience with water/meth injection but the top mount i have is tapped in the back where the silicone hoses bolt to it. is that to far from the tb for usage? and if so where would you suggest i tap in at. any way here are some more pics

just about everything out

new vs. old

old ****ty oil line vs the new one from blouch

#8 ·
so another update. i had a good night, i completed one of the three ports on the header. I started another but i need to get some sanding wheels so i can smooth out my work with the carbide bit. i was a tad nervous working on this but as the night progressed things got a lil more relaxed and the work got better. im hoping to finish these up and wrap them by weds or thursday. i am thinking of cutting off the stock mounting points for the heat shields since im not gonna be using them. i think it would look cleaner and make wrapping 40xs easier. i also completed wrapping my up-pipe and cross-pipe, and then i sprayed them with the silicone sealant. well i guess thats all there is to it tonight, enjoy the pics

starting out

just about done

compared to stock (finished one is on the bottom)

wrapped

sprayed (gotta do the other side)

stay tuned for another boring update in a day or two

#9 ·
Nice detailed build. What kind of suspension and braking mods are you planning to go along with the new power?

#10 ·
I am currently running stance coilovers with Perrin 22mm adjustable sway bars front and back with Perrin mounts and kartboy endlinks. I plan on buying all the poly bushings that turn in concepts offers...

Brake wise. I am currently running Dba slot rotors with hawk pads (forget what kind) with the h6 upgrade in the rear. Next year I plan on getting wilwood bbk all the way around

#12 ·
#13 ·
im not sure if this is in the right spot but i saw drews in here so i figured wtf has to be close.
I wouldn't follow Drews' lead, you'll end up in deep water.

Very nice build!! Looking forward to seeing more updates!

#15 ·
so didnt get to work on the car a whole lot during the week between work and hanging with the girlfriend. but today i got to spend a solid 4 hours in the garage and damn did i do some work haha.

well i actually lied i did get to work on it monday night for a little
turbo inlet out (got pissed and started breaking it apart so excuse that hahaha)

empty

i went out a bought a dremel and some sanding disks. so here is the fist header all smoothed out

so onto today(friday). it was freaking cold so i had to bust out the go old heater

installed the new turbo inlet and silicone hose for the bov...man what a pain in the ass

installed the remote sensor kit for my oil pressure gauge...tapped right out of the oil gallery plug

then i started on the fuel system. dont have many pics because i really wanted to pay attention and make sure i didnt **** it up.
here is the metal guard you need to remove to actually get to the injectors. i recommend that if you remove this you leave out one of the bolts that is on the bottom. its just about impossible to get out.

the hole for the said bolt can be seen in-between the injectors, the hole to the left.

new injectors have the orings.

tried to take a good picture of the actual bigger injector, new 650cc has the oring

up-pipe/turbo studs

finished up header connection number 2...one more to go

dont laugh the headers have all these nubs for the stock heat shields so i had to get creative with the heat wrap...and its tight so

mounted the nozzle for the meth kit today

thats all for today. hope to tear into some more **** tomorrow...hoping to have the turbo/exhaust in so i can focus on the meth kit and such

#16 ·
well its a small update but a very major one in my book hahah. so the turbo is in and secured to the turbo inlet. i install all the exhust from the heads all the way to the turbo. hoping to get my downpipe back from the exhaust shop in the next few days. i also started on the fuel pump and the other two injectors but the fat kid inside me wanted dinner so i gave up for the night.

turbo in

3-port boost solenoid

#17 ·
So figured i would update this. i got 10 days off for christmas so i decided to really kick ass on the car. i finally got a tuning date set up for the 7th of January at R/T Tuning. got my map the other day and loaded it onto the AP. Should have the car running to check for exhaust, fuel, coolant, and oil leaks. maybe take it for a drive to make sure she drives ok. now onto the pictures

Wrapped downpipe is in

also had some extra wrap to repel heat so i wrapped the intake

so subaru really had their head in the game when they thought about the fuel pump. for people who arent aware there is a plate behind the rear seat that you pull to remove the pump housing.

you can kinda see the plate in this picture

good old made in the USA

figured i would show off the mounting of the meth pump, tank, and controller

how i left the car tonight. i need a longer silicone hose to go from the tb to the intercooler.

#18 ·
figured i should bump this since the car got tuned. it layed down 312 AWHP with out the meth. I had a slight issue with the nozzle and i havent had a chance to get it retuned. i also ripped out the trans and clutch for a few upgrades. the trans mission is getting new gears and main shaft from IAG Performance, and new oem syncros and bearings. the clutch is getting a new act clutch with resurfaced oem flywheel.

dyno chart

new gears

i also decided to do a full bushing upgrade on the car as wells rebuilding and cleaning up my coilovers. im upgrading to a set of swift springs and tearing apart the camber plates to remove corrision and replacing the bearings if needed. im also installing all the shifter bushings, a zero play shifter that is custom made by wicked innovations.

Here is a break down of everything i orderd
GroupN 5MT Mount
TiC Crossmember Bushings
TiC Diff Mount
TiC Subframe Lockers
TiC Outrigger Bushings
MSI FCAR Bushing (Front Control Arm Rear)
MSI Trailing Arm Bushings (Front and Rear)
MSI Lateral Link Bushings (8 sets)
Wicked Zeroplay 5MT
Whiteline Front Inner Control Arm Bushing (Front Control Arm Front) w52837

#20 ·
im super happy with the numbers, next winter i gotta upgrade the intake and injectors im at 95ish% idc. prob gonna bump up to 850ccs so i have plenty of head room

#21 ·
whats up guys. had a good day at the garage. i picked up the newly resurfaced oem flywheel from the machine shop.

installed

clucth

pressure plate installed

also installed some of the parts i have laying around. installed both the shifter bushings and the motor mounts

and i got these pics from my buddy matt miner (owner of wicked innovations) all my suspension bushings and springs with a sexy custom zero play shifter

#22 ·
whats up guys just another update. prob gonna have a few more this weekend its my first weekend in a while. i picked up my transmission at r/t tuning today, hope to have that installed on saturday along with just about the rest of the suspension parts.

didnt have a ball joint press or any press for that matter so i had to improvise and bought a c-clamp and galvanized pipe caps. worked like a charm lol

old oem bushing next to new TiC split bushing

installed

also took apart one of the coilovers and cleaned up all the threads and surfaces from all the road salt. i also installed the new swift spring

i also changed out the transmission mount and the transmission crossmember bushings. im glad i did change the trans mount because i pulled off the old mount and i found out if was broken lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.