Hammthemans build thread - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Hammthemans build thread within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; well its a small update but a very major one in my book hahah. so the turbo is in and ...

well its a small update but a very major one in my book hahah. so the turbo is in and secured to the turbo inlet. i install all the exhust from the heads all the way to the turbo. hoping to get my downpipe back from the exhaust shop in the next few days. i also started on the fuel pump and the other two injectors but the fat kid inside me wanted dinner so i gave up for the night.

turbo in

3-port boost solenoid

2003 WRX - 48,000 Stage 2
    Bugeye Mafia # 308
    Holds the longest record for an up-pipe install - total of 11 hours

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

So figured i would update this. i got 10 days off for christmas so i decided to really kick ass on the car. i finally got a tuning date set up for the 7th of January at R/T Tuning. got my map the other day and loaded it onto the AP. Should have the car running to check for exhaust, fuel, coolant, and oil leaks. maybe take it for a drive to make sure she drives ok. now onto the pictures

Wrapped downpipe is in

also had some extra wrap to repel heat so i wrapped the intake

so subaru really had their head in the game when they thought about the fuel pump. for people who arent aware there is a plate behind the rear seat that you pull to remove the pump housing.

you can kinda see the plate in this picture

good old made in the USA

figured i would show off the mounting of the meth pump, tank, and controller

how i left the car tonight. i need a longer silicone hose to go from the tb to the intercooler.
    Bugeye Mafia # 308

figured i should bump this since the car got tuned. it layed down 312 AWHP with out the meth. I had a slight issue with the nozzle and i havent had a chance to get it retuned. i also ripped out the trans and clutch for a few upgrades. the trans mission is getting new gears and main shaft from IAG Performance, and new oem syncros and bearings. the clutch is getting a new act clutch with resurfaced oem flywheel.

dyno chart

new gears

i also decided to do a full bushing upgrade on the car as wells rebuilding and cleaning up my coilovers. im upgrading to a set of swift springs and tearing apart the camber plates to remove corrision and replacing the bearings if needed. im also installing all the shifter bushings, a zero play shifter that is custom made by wicked innovations.

Here is a break down of everything i orderd
    GroupN 5MT Mount
    TiC Crossmember Bushings
    TiC Diff Mount
    TiC Subframe Lockers
    TiC Outrigger Bushings
    MSI FCAR Bushing (Front Control Arm Rear)
    MSI Trailing Arm Bushings (Front and Rear)
    MSI Lateral Link Bushings (8 sets)
    Wicked Zeroplay 5MT
    Whiteline Front Inner Control Arm Bushing (Front Control Arm Front) w52837
    Bugeye Mafia # 308

Glad to see things have been working out (for the most part), and 312whp is nice number. Especially minus the meth. Can't wait to see it when all is said and done.
    Going From a RX-7 to a WRX is like going from Purgatory to Heaven

im super happy with the numbers, next winter i gotta upgrade the intake and injectors im at 95ish% idc. prob gonna bump up to 850ccs so i have plenty of head room
    Bugeye Mafia # 308

whats up guys. had a good day at the garage. i picked up the newly resurfaced oem flywheel from the machine shop.

installed

clucth

pressure plate installed

also installed some of the parts i have laying around. installed both the shifter bushings and the motor mounts

and i got these pics from my buddy matt miner (owner of wicked innovations) all my suspension bushings and springs with a sexy custom zero play shifter

Bugeye Mafia # 308

whats up guys just another update. prob gonna have a few more this weekend its my first weekend in a while. i picked up my transmission at r/t tuning today, hope to have that installed on saturday along with just about the rest of the suspension parts.

didnt have a ball joint press or any press for that matter so i had to improvise and bought a c-clamp and galvanized pipe caps. worked like a charm lol

old oem bushing next to new TiC split bushing

installed

also took apart one of the coilovers and cleaned up all the threads and surfaces from all the road salt. i also installed the new swift spring

i also changed out the transmission mount and the transmission crossmember bushings. im glad i did change the trans mount because i pulled off the old mount and i found out if was broken lol

Bugeye Mafia # 308

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12