Hold_Fast's ESP/SM/AutoX/Track build. Because race car. - Page 9
Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Hold_Fast's ESP/SM/AutoX/Track build. Because race car. within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Hold_Fast I've had decent luck with these before. Like you said, they don't work perfectly, but they ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Hold_Fast View Post
    I've had decent luck with these before. Like you said, they don't work perfectly, but they at least get one or two of the coils compressed to make life easier. I did contemplate just doing the "lean on em'" method, but they've been on the car for a little while, and ain't no body got time for that.
    I have one more squeaky spring fix in mind. I'm getting scary good at getting struts off/on with my coworker using the "lean on em" method. Gonna be able to do a spring install in a few hours at this rate.

Still crazy jealous of those coils. I gotta hold off a few months though for some =(. I was leaning towards tarmac 2s over those though, personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I've heard from some of the guys in my area that the track by you is pretty wicked. If you do end up going, be sure to take some video, I'd love to see it. I've been fighting off urges to go out to New Jersey Motorsports Park and start working on a competition license. Then I remember how much track days cost...
    I know they do autoX there as well, but it's pretty pricey from what I've heard.

The road track is a lot of fun. I just can't justify it price wise this year =/
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log

lol ive had my springs and struts off and on more times than i can count. same with my wheels. its really getting annoying now. but at least i can do it quickly
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruh Roh View Post
    lol ive had my springs and struts off and on more times than i can count. same with my wheels. its really getting annoying now. but at least i can do it quickly
    Yeah. Some anti-seize on those camber bolts and the required deep well sockets are good investments from the start.
    2011 STi Build Log

yep i never seize most bolts. need air tools lol
    Marky Mark
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography

Quote Originally Posted by Heide264 View Post
    I have one more squeaky spring fix in mind. I'm getting scary good at getting struts off/on with my coworker using the "lean on em" method. Gonna be able to do a spring install in a few hours at this rate.

Still crazy jealous of those coils. I gotta hold off a few months though for some =(. I was leaning towards tarmac 2s over those though, personally.
    Yeah, I hear you there. I can get suspension on and off the car pretty quick after last summer. I do lack the extra hand most times I'm working on the car, but once I can afford to build a garage, I know my neighbor will be there helping me as long as keep some beers in the fridge.

I decided on the JRZ's mainly for 2 reasons: I wanted a monotube shock (not twin tube), and TiC told me they weren't confident in the AST 4150's running the high spring rates that I wanted. I also decided against haveing both compression and rebound adjustability because it seems that most who have it, set it and forget it. If you are ever in my neck of the woods, you're more than welcome to go for a ride.

I'll have wrx_wagone's Tein Monoflex's for sale once they come back from rebuild, if anyone is interested. As JR put it, "lowest cost inverted monotube coilover you can buy".

Quote Originally Posted by Ruh Roh View Post
    yep i never seize most bolts. need air tools lol
    :drool: Air tools :drool: life would be so much easier...
    ~Stan
    '04 WRB WRX Wagon (Build) - Hard Parked, AutoX Toy
    '08 WRX ~ Daily Beaten ~ '86 BMW 325es ~ "The Chump"

"I was raised knowing there is a replacement for displacement, it's called engineering."

Ughhh airtools would be so money. But, I still do work out of my parents' garage. So not yet...

The little 19.3V Craftsman impact gun I got for Christmas though, kicks some serious ass!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    I decided on the JRZ's mainly for 2 reasons: I wanted a monotube shock (not twin tube), and TiC told me they weren't confident in the AST 4150's running the high spring rates that I wanted. I also decided against haveing both compression and rebound adjustability because it seems that most who have it, set it and forget it. If you are ever in my neck of the woods, you're more than welcome to go for a ride.

:drool: Air tools :drool: life would be so much easier...
    Sounds good man. The JRZs look nice, but it's hard to find any information on them due to the smaller market, sadly. I am curious though.

I was leaning away from the ASTs as well, mainly due to the fact they seem a bit more "comfy" than I'd prefer. I'd like to bump back to at most stock sway bar size (or remove it) after I get coils. T2s seem to be the nicest alternative for that.

Between coils and air tools... lots of want in this thread.
    2011 STi Build Log

So many wants. I'm going to be in serious trouble with the boss once I get a garage....
    ~Stan

"I was raised knowing there is a replacement for displacement, it's called engineering."

So many wants. I'm going to be in serious trouble with the boss once I get a garage....
    Get a new "boss" :P
    Marky Mark
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography

Too late Mark. somethingsomethingbeyonceputaringonitsomething.
    ~Stan

Marky Mark
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography

~Stan

Well, thanks to a buddy of mine and a sweet connection he has for some goodies, it looks like I'll be studying the FSM this weekend, the rear differential rebuild section in particular. Order already placed for gaskets and o-rings.

~Stan

I Support ClubWRX
    Well, thanks to a buddy of mine and a sweet connection he has for some goodies, it looks like I'll be studying the FSM this weekend, the rear differential rebuild section in particular. Order already placed for gaskets and o-rings.

Upgrades or repairs?

How are those coils?
    2011 STi Build Log