Hold_Fast's ESP/SM/AutoX/Track build. Because race car. - Page 8
Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Hold_Fast's ESP/SM/AutoX/Track build. Because race car. within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Headers have returned from GrimmSpeed. Holy quick turn around! And they look pretty damn good, I must admit. In other ...

Headers have returned from GrimmSpeed. Holy quick turn around! And they look pretty damn good, I must admit.

In other news, Tein gave me the quote for rebuilding the monoflex's. Let's just say it has me evaluating other suspension choices...more on that to come next week.
    ~Stan
    '04 WRB WRX Wagon (Build) - Hard Parked, AutoX Toy
    '08 WRX ~ Daily Beaten ~ '86 BMW 325es ~ "The Chump"

"I was raised knowing there is a replacement for displacement, it's called engineering."

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

That sucks about the rebuild...call up Odi at Feal Suspension and see if he'll rebuild em. He can rebuild pretty much anything for a pretty good price if I recall.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

He was the first person I called when I was looking to get the Tein's rebuilt. Unfortunately, it seems like Tein is the only coilover he doesn't service. But no worries Mikie, this will most likely leadto bigger and greater things. I'll keep the thread posted once I get an order placed.
    ~Stan

"I was raised knowing there is a replacement for displacement, it's called engineering."

Well that's odd. Maybe you should have gotten BCs

Looking forward to the upgrades!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Well I officially pulled the trigger on something a bit better than BC's Turn in concepts is ordering up a set of these bad boys, straight from the Netherlands:

http://www.jrzsuspension.com/Downloa...0RS1-small.pdf

Apparently each set is custom made, so I'll be waiting another 3 weeks before I see them. But needless to say, I'm excited to have a "true" motorsports coilover. This weekend I did get the exhaust manifold put back on, and a couple other little things wrapped up. But other than that, i'll be counting the days till the JRZ's arrive...
    ~Stan

Wow! How much if you don't mind me asking?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Hold_Fast View Post
    Well I officially pulled the trigger on something a bit better than BC's Turn in concepts is ordering up a set of these bad boys, straight from the Netherlands:

Apparently each set is custom made, so I'll be waiting another 3 weeks before I see them. But needless to say, I'm excited to have a "true" motorsports coilover. This weekend I did get the exhaust manifold put back on, and a couple other little things wrapped up. But other than that, i'll be counting the days till the JRZ's arrive...
    Those are beautiful!

I Support ClubWRX

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Wow! How much if you don't mind me asking?
    Nice dude! I believe RCE carries these. They aren't cheap, especially if you don't already have springs or camber plates. I'm jealous though.

I'd love to spring for a set of decent coils.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

Thanks guys! I'm pretty excited for them to show up, get them on the car, and put some autox's on them. I'll definitely be putting up some feed back on them.

Mikie, I sent you a PM.
    ~Stan

Got some new tools in (sorry for crap picture). Who's tired of the loan a tool programs? This guy.

Spring compressor and "deluxe" compression tester. If anyone in my neck of the woods ever needs to borrow them, let me know!
    ~Stan

Nice pick up!

I was thinking I need spring compressors...but I've got coilovers

Wait...so do you?

I was disassembling an old pair of struts to sell, and NONE of my local auto parts places had one in stock to rent. So I considered waiting, but I realized I have 2 other cars that also have front struts (not including my fiance's) that may need replacing in the near future, so I figured why the hell not.

One less trip to Advanced or Autozone is fine by me.
    ~Stan

haha i always have to go to advance and i usually remember i need something when the cars all taken apart :/ have to drive my moms car there lol. But hope to get those bolts from you Sunday, i may actually be up in that area in the morning near Bethlehem ill PM u my number.
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

I Support ClubWRX
    I was disassembling an old pair of struts to sell, and NONE of my local auto parts places had one in stock to rent. So I considered waiting, but I realized I have 2 other cars that also have front struts (not including my fiance's) that may need replacing in the near future, so I figured why the hell not.

One less trip to Advanced or Autozone is fine by me.
    I can never get them to hold the springs correctly anyhow. The compressor always hits the top/bottom of the strut housing due to the strange shape of the front springs. Just given up on them and now I just lean on them.

Hopefully you have better luck than I do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

Quote Originally Posted by Ruh Roh View Post
    haha i always have to go to advance and i usually remember i need something when the cars all taken apart :/ have to drive my moms car there lol. But hope to get those bolts from you Sunday, i may actually be up in that area in the morning near Bethlehem ill PM u my number.
    I know that feel. Sent you a text.

Quote Originally Posted by Heide264 View Post
    I can never get them to hold the springs correctly anyhow. The compressor always hits the top/bottom of the strut housing due to the strange shape of the front springs. Just given up on them and now I just lean on them.

Hopefully you have better luck than I do.
    I've had decent luck with these before. Like you said, they don't work perfectly, but they at least get one or two of the coils compressed to make life easier. I did contemplate just doing the "lean on em'" method, but they've been on the car for a little while, and ain't no body got time for that.
    ~Stan