Hold_Fast's ESP/SM/AutoX/Track build. Because race car. - Page 6
Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Hold_Fast's ESP/SM/AutoX/Track build. Because race car. within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by northeN ^^^Im lovin' those rims, and sorry to hear about the engine =/ Thanks! And fortunately, I ...

Quote Originally Posted by northeN View Post
    ^^^Im lovin' those rims, and sorry to hear about the engine =/
    Thanks! And fortunately, I was planning on dropping an EJ255 in anyway, maybe not this soon, but it'll make the car more competitive. I do have a lead on a 07' wrx motor with only 63k miles on it, so I might be in good shape sooner than I expected.

Hoosier test fitting was post-poned till tonight. Went to start her up to move the car up onto some 2x10's (gravel driveway) and found out the battery had died in the past week. So while the battery was on the charger, I changed the spark plugs on my dying engine. I guess I'm just doing as much as I can to put off the inevitable. But i'll throw the new wheels on and post the results, wish me luck.
    ~Stan
    '04 WRB WRX Wagon (Build) - Hard Parked, AutoX Toy
    '08 WRX ~ Daily Beaten ~ '86 BMW 325es ~ "The Chump"

"I was raised knowing there is a replacement for displacement, it's called engineering."

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Note to self: offset is everything. They fit, like a champ on the wagon. I have about 3/8" of clearance between the wheel/tire and the strut.

Video of me driving like an amateur coming this weekend (if the weather holds)
    ~Stan

"I was raised knowing there is a replacement for displacement, it's called engineering."

Hoosiers are going to take some getting used to. But regardless, it is amazing to drive on them. Off to Citizen's bank park tomorrow to hopefully get some better run times.

~Stan

Great course at Wells Fargo today. Ended up in the middle of the pack after a crappy day on Saturday, so I can't complain. Best run, excuse the wind.

~Stan

I Support ClubWRX
    Nice man. I'd love to get a set of those or dedicated track tires. I'd fry my brakes though if I ran them on my setup now on the road course by me
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

I've heard from some of the guys in my area that the track by you is pretty wicked. If you do end up going, be sure to take some video, I'd love to see it. I've been fighting off urges to go out to New Jersey Motorsports Park and start working on a competition license. Then I remember how much track days cost...
    ~Stan

Hey Hold_Fast, I'm in south jersey and will be doing my first autocross in a few weeks in Bridgewater.
    Can you link me to some events that would be good for a complete noob like me?
    Or any meetups you might know of that are coming up?

I usually use the dashboard on motorsportreg to look at the events by me. I know the Philly region has a novice course walk and some instructors that can ride along to give you some pointers.

I'll be at the August 19th event at Citizen's Bank Park if you want to come out. I'd be more than happy to help ya out.

Oh, and for an update. Motor acquired.
    ~Stan

Another event, and more reminders of how much improvement I still have to make. Incredibly fun course though.

~Stan

Some updates. Car is in the shop for the new-to-me EJ255 swap. I just lacked motivation and patience to do it myself, particularly with there still being 3 or 4 events left this year to shake out the new set up.

Picked up a new filter. AEM dryflow, no oil, cleanable. Sounds good to me.

Some more new-to-me parts, JR's old coilovers! Tein Monoflex valved and sprung 10k front & rear, plus some other springs. Thanks JR!

I'm pretty pumped to start getting the new setup dialed in at the Meadowlands on the 29th, then at Warminster on the 30th. More updates and video to come.
    ~Stan

What has two thumbs and a wrx with a newish motor, this guy.

Put almost 100 miles on it last night, should make some progress on logging data and flashing another revision of the tune tonight. Lightweight flywheel is taking some getting used to...Felt good to drive it after a month though. Pictures tonight!
    ~Stan

moar pics
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Thanks for reminding me Mikie. I have pics and video of the autox from this weekend, just was too lazy last night to upload them.

I'm really horrible at documenting things though. I swapped the Tein Monoflex's on Saturday afternoon, which went pretty smoothly. Only did an eyeball alignment, since my rental garage doesn't exactly have a level floor. Then took it to Warminster for an autox, which was great. The tune is only half way done, doesn't have a proper alignment, and it's a totally different car. Now I need to re-learn how to drive it.

More tonight when I get home from work and unload my autox crap.
    ~Stan

Video...finally.

~Stan

The season is over.

And I'm actually learning how to drive the car. But oh well, I'm just happy I had competition in my class today. Took 1st out of 4 drivers in ESP, 67/139 PAX. GrimmSpeed owes me $150, now what to spend it on....

She'll go back up to my rental garage in a week or so. I'm working on my "to-do" list for this winter. I'll have it up soon.
    Last edited by Hold_Fast; 10-14-2012 at 05:18 PM.
    ~Stan