This is a discussion on Hold_Fast's ESP/SM/AutoX/Track build. Because race car. within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Sasquatch Good question - I am checking with my tuner. update?...
Scored a great deal on a used set of coilovers, just need some replacement parts to make them 100%.
Pics to come when they arrive.
Intake manifold is off the car. Taking it over to Area 1320 tomorrow to get the manifold P&P done and TGV deletes. In the process of removing everything, I found a whole bunch of coolant lines that need to be replaced and my upper coolant reservoir is shot. So 2 questions:
1. Does anyone have the part # for the upper coolant reservoir? I have a feeling that the OEM one is cheaper than a Moroso replacement (<$100)...
2. For those of you that have the Samco Ancillary hose kit, do they come with hose clamps and stuff? Just checking to see if I should order a mess a hose clamps.
Also came up with another question.
When you get rid of the "green brackets of death", how do you route the breather hose on the right side of the engine? Pictures...
Right GBOD (see metal portion of the hose):
Where the metal hose connects to:
My GBOD are going. Shave a few pounds off the front of the car, and less clutter in the engine bay. I just got a Mishimoto ancillary hose kit from my local vendor (JSC Speed), and if that doesn't come with a hose to replace it, I'll fab one up when I install my new catch cans.
Some more parts on the way/here:
- STRI Boost & Oil Pressure Gauges
- Cheap Autometer triple dash pod
- Boomba fuel rails
- Various Aeroquip socketless hose ends and hoses
- Saikou Michi Dual Catch Cans
- Picked up a new OEM upper coolant reservoir, as mine was in pretty bad shape and actually leaking some coolant.
New-to-me coilovers are sitting at my post office, since they require my signature to be delivered. I will hopefully get them delivered by Thursday so I can tear them down, clean them up, and start tearing out the rear suspension come this weekend.
I should also have the intake manifold and TGV deletes back by then, so I can start getting that and the fuel system put together during the week. So much crap to do, so little time....
As long as you are drivable by 3/3. The VM meet looks to be then.
... or hitch a ride with one of the Lehigh Crew.
Every ounce counts!
New-to-me AMR Coilovers (missing a few pieces, but AMR is getting them to me)
IM P&P and TGV's Deleted. Now I just need to clean them up, paint them and re work the fuel lines.