Hold_Fast's ESP/SM/AutoX/Track build. Because race car. - Page 23
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324 LastLast

This is a discussion on Hold_Fast's ESP/SM/AutoX/Track build. Because race car. within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Ruh Roh karlton specific wagon flares OMG. :drooling: wanted those with a 18x10 +20 and a 285 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ruh Roh View Post
    karlton specific wagon flares OMG. :drooling:

wanted those with a 18x10 +20 and a 285 but since its my DD ive decided against it :/ cant wait to see how it looks and also I AM GOING TO 2 AUTOX events this year with you lol.
    I'll hold you to that! And I decided to use the beautiful weather as an opportunity to get motivated on some work, despite doing 6/14's at work this week. Got to test fit the flares, work on the Wilwoods, and swap an axle on the 2008.

I figured it out!

~Stan
    '04 WRB WRX Wagon (Build) - Hard Parked, AutoX Toy
    '08 WRX ~ Daily Beaten ~ '86 BMW 325es ~ "The Chump"

"I was raised knowing there is a replacement for displacement, it's called engineering."

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

bro do you even stancenation? love it.
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

For the love of the game. #LowLife #StanceMakesThemDance
    ~Stan

"I was raised knowing there is a replacement for displacement, it's called engineering."

Bauce!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Yeah buddy.

Now for a question, red or blue?

Garage Sale - Sparco Rev Plus Seat - Red - Speedway Motors, America's Oldest Speed Shop

Garage Sale - Sparco Rev Plus Seat - Blue - Speedway Motors, America's Oldest Speed Shop

It's so cheap (originally an $800 seat!), I'm going to get one as my main seat. You guys pick the color, because I would prefer black, but price beats everything.
    ~Stan

I vote Blue.

Blue it is. Icing on the cake is, I have a coupon for $7.50 shipping. Deals all day long.
    ~Stan

I love how my single vote made a difference.

Car is looking great by the way, I'm sure you can't wait to drive it!!

I just wanted to get it ordered before I left to go home tonight and went "I didn't order it!". So a single vote is all that matters. But yes, getting pretty amped to drive it and do a few events this year. I just need to figure out my transportation situation, as I no longer will have a set of street tires for this car...

Also placed an order with McMaster for all the nutserts/bolts that I need for installing the flares. So pending freezing temps this weekend, I may get a jump start on putting those on...
    ~Stan

Quote Originally Posted by A265 View Post
    I love how my single vote made a difference.

Car is looking great by the way, I'm sure you can't wait to drive it!!
    It's all good Andre, I would have followed up with a Blue vote as well.

I don't like fixed seats though...I'd opt for an adjustable back seat of some sort.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Hold_Fast View Post
    I just need to figure out my transportation situation, as I no longer will have a set of street tires for this car...
    That's when you go to the wife and say "honey, we need a truck and a trailer. Preferably a Ford Raptor"

Good plan Mikie.

I was lucky, gf said "I want a truck" then bought one. Now all I need is a race car and trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    That's when you go to the wife and say "honey, we need a truck and a trailer. Preferably a Ford Raptor"
    Fixed back seat, because race car. I plan on swapping this seat over to my Bimmer, which means it needs to be FIA certified for da racin'.

I tried the raptor line, and all I got was a 2000 Chevy 2500.

Quote Originally Posted by A265 View Post
    Good plan Mikie.

I was lucky, gf said "I want a truck" then bought one. Now all I need is a race car and trailer.
    I just need a damn trailer. People on craigslist by me are selling "heap of a 1995 trailer that needs tons of work" for almost as much as I can get a new one for. So I may end up ponying up the cash for a new one, just have to see how broke I am after my wedding. (BTW, Congrats Mikie!)
    ~Stan

This just came in. Maaaad custom oil cap.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    ~Stan

So another long term update. I've been spending most of my time working on the garage lately. I finished up the framing, started electrical work, and should be roughed in this weekend. Motivation to work on the car again is growing.

My front suspension came back from JRZ. It had some leaks that were repaired under warranty (machining issues). So I started putting them back together, but took some measurements to send over to Vorschlag. I'll be getting some rear camber plates so I stop ruining the shoulders on my Hoosiers.

Also, I've had 4 sedan knuckles/hubs laying around for quite a bit. Finally got around to tearing them down so I can take them to a local shop to have ARP wheel studs pressed in. That way I can just swap the whole thing over, since I'll be replacing the front axles anyway (putting the aluminum sedan control arms in). This will also give me some additional camber, since the JRZ's are drilled for a sedan. Never. Enough. Camber.

And thanks to my kickass neighbor, I picked this up off craigslist for $175. I don't have the electrical finished in the garage, but this bad boy will power any air tool I can throw at it. Just needs to have the new pump, pulleys, and belt put back together, and it'll be ready to fire.

~Stan