Hold_Fast's ESP/SM/AutoX/Track build. Because race car. - Page 21
+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

This is a discussion on Hold_Fast's ESP/SM/AutoX/Track build. Because race car. within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Long time update. Picked up some parts for the E-85 tune the Area1320 will be doing, a Golan 10 micron ...

Long time update. Picked up some parts for the E-85 tune the Area1320 will be doing, a Golan 10 micron fuel filter and some Deatschwerks 850cc injectors. Other than that, been hammering out some garage work:

Augering holes

Night ops

As of today

~Stan
    '04 WRB WRX Wagon (Build) - Hard Parked, AutoX Toy
    '08 WRX ~ Daily Beaten ~ '86 BMW 325es ~ "The Chump"

"I was raised knowing there is a replacement for displacement, it's called engineering."

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice Stan! Glad things are looking good!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    Garage is looking good!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    -Noah

2009 Spark Silver Metallic Sedan - Stage 2+

Stink-Eye Mob #91

Help Me with My Build Thread : http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-sedan.html

Thanks guys!

Mikie, I haven't been paying attention to the forum enough, when did you pick up the 2012??
    ~Stan

"I was raised knowing there is a replacement for displacement, it's called engineering."

I've been meaning to give you guys an update on my current status with the multiple projects, and something from the SCCA landed in my inbox which is big news for 2015.

Street Prepared
    Delete the following lines in ESP:
    Eagle
    Talon Turbo (all) (1989-99)
    Mitsubishi
    Eclipse Turbo (1989-99)
    Subaru
    Impreza WRX (non-STI) (2002-07)

Add the following listing in ASP:
    Eagle and Mitubishi
    Eclipse Turbo and Talon Turbo (1989-99)

And change the following line in ASP:
    Subaru
    Impreza WRX STI (2004-07)
    to
    Subaru
    Impreza WRX all incl. STI (2004-07)

Comment: The SPAC feels that these AWD turbo cars in ESP are not a good fit. ESP has shown strong growth, nearly all of which has been fueled by ponycars. Also, the STIs in ASP may be a more attractive option with the additional UD/BD.
    What this means is that for the 2015 season, I'll be classed with STi's and Evo's. The good thing, though, is that I'm only a VF39, (maybe) even bigger injectors, STi steering rack, a few driveline mods, and swapping over to drive-by-wire to being competitive. Still, this doesn't help what I had laid out in my mind, but it means more competitors. I will miss the mustang guys though. Good crew.

In other news, behold, the glory of my almost done garage! Concrete was poured two weeks ago:

And as of two nights ago, only a few pieces of trim left to do.

I'm pulling a permit to do electrical, and hope to have the car in there and on stands in the next week to two weeks.
    ~Stan

Progress on the garage looks great, I'm sure you can't wait for it all to be done.

I think I have mixed feelings about putting the WRX in ASP, but change is good.

Next year our clubs local and regional has adopted class grouping, basically bulking similar classes together and using PAX to determine the winner. Having 1-2 drivers per class was happening too often as we live in a smaller region, this allows for full groups and makes run groups a lot easier. This way I won't be alone in my class.

Quote Originally Posted by Hold_Fast View Post
    Thanks guys!

Mikie, I haven't been paying attention to the forum enough, when did you pick up the 2012??
    Ah sorry I missed this, Stan.

First off...garage is looking good!

Second off...I got my 2012 WRX in August. I drowned my STI

We got hit with that 9 inches of rain in 2 hours that one weekend...I got caught in a flash flood. Engine died, footwells filled up with water...car was totaled out. Kinda worked out in the end because I'm in a much newer car with much lower payments and much less mileage! I do miss the STI though
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3

Quote Originally Posted by A265 View Post
    Progress on the garage looks great, I'm sure you can't wait for it all to be done.

I think I have mixed feelings about putting the WRX in ASP, but change is good.

Next year our clubs local and regional has adopted class grouping, basically bulking similar classes together and using PAX to determine the winner. Having 1-2 drivers per class was happening too often as we live in a smaller region, this allows for full groups and makes run groups a lot easier. This way I won't be alone in my class.
    Thanks! And yeah, I'm ready to be done now. But the end is near.

I'll have to agree, change is good. I'm just a little disappointed that the money I had set aside for better wheels will most likely go towards used STi goodies, but at least I have a year to plan. Good to hear on your class grouping. I don't know why more regions don't do that to give people some more competition. What region are you in?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Ah sorry I missed this, Stan.

First off...garage is looking good!

Second off...I got my 2012 WRX in August. I drowned my STI

We got hit with that 9 inches of rain in 2 hours that one weekend...I got caught in a flash flood. Engine died, footwells filled up with water...car was totaled out. Kinda worked out in the end because I'm in a much newer car with much lower payments and much less mileage! I do miss the STI though
    Thanks Mikie! I remember the storm, sorry to hear that you lost the car like that. That must have sucked some serious ass. But on the flip side, I'm sure the 2012 ain't too shabby and will give you less headaches.

I forgot to mention, I'm picking up a 2008 sometime in the next couple of days. Anyone know someone who wants a deal on an Elantra?
    ~Stan

I'm in Atlantic Canada, with my WRX I was often the only one in D Stock, with the STi it's the same thing.
    Next year my plan is to go up to STU, it should be fun.

Soon......

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    ~Stan

Quote Originally Posted by A265 View Post
    I'm in Atlantic Canada, with my WRX I was often the only one in D Stock, with the STi it's the same thing.
    Next year my plan is to go up to STU, it should be fun.
    Sorry I missed this! Good luck with the STU plans. I think you'll really enjoy the car at that level.

In other news, if anyone knows someone who needs a reliable daily driver, my Elantra is for sale!

PA: 2011 Hyundai Elantra Limited - High MPG Daily!
    ~Stan

Quote Originally Posted by Hold_Fast View Post

Soon......

Whoa...just gonna be a daily driver? Why not try and find a 2009 with a bump in power?

Yep, just a daily driver. It's an R title, rebuilt by PMP auto. It looked like it went under a semi, so really only affected some of the body panels and radiator. Very clean and seemed to be well kept.

So the price is what really made me get it versus a newer model, plus I miss having a fun car in general. Pete charged me under $10k for this thing.

~Stan

hell as long as the engine, mechanics, and suspension are good, that's awesome. Not like we aren't already used to non-fitting body panels and rattles and creaks

My thoughts exactly. We'll get to check out the new cars at the next victory meet. (if there will be another?)

~Stan

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.