Hold_Fast's ESP/SM/AutoX/Track build. Because race car. - Page 19
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

This is a discussion on Hold_Fast's ESP/SM/AutoX/Track build. Because race car. within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; lol it was installed in bike when i sold bike. but yea my battery is just hideous looking. but ill ...

lol it was installed in bike when i sold bike.

but yea my battery is just hideous looking. but ill wait until it dies, just curious.
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Stan, I actually told Megan about the Auto X day and she was excited about it. We may be able to come and at least watch for awhile.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Ruh Roh View Post
    lol it was installed in bike when i sold bike.

but yea my battery is just hideous looking. but ill wait until it dies, just curious.
    Gotcha. It's also nice to loose ~20lbs off the front end of the car too!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Stan, I actually told Megan about the Auto X day and she was excited about it. We may be able to come and at least watch for awhile.
    Cool! Let me know if you can, I'll PM you my number so you can find me. Non-competitors can come along for a ride too (I believe, anyway)!
    ~Stan
    '04 WRB WRX Wagon (Build) - Hard Parked, AutoX Toy
    '08 WRX ~ Daily Beaten ~ '86 BMW 325es ~ "The Chump"

"I was raised knowing there is a replacement for displacement, it's called engineering."

Had a good night. Got the car up in the air, removed the lateral links, pressed the bushings out of the old and into the new. And it only took me about two hours from start till content.

The lesson from this story kids, is to buy new suspension bolts. 100% glad I did when I originally put the lateral links in.

So tonight I'll crawl back under the car and get everything put back together, pull the rear brakes and hopefully get a few wheel studs swapped.
    ~Stan

"I was raised knowing there is a replacement for displacement, it's called engineering."

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Hold_Fast View Post
    Had a good night. Got the car up in the air, removed the lateral links, pressed the bushings out of the old and into the new. And it only took me about two hours from start till content.

The lesson from this story kids, is to buy new suspension bolts. 100% glad I did when I originally put the lateral links in.

So tonight I'll crawl back under the car and get everything put back together, pull the rear brakes and hopefully get a few wheel studs swapped.
    Good call on the new lateral link bolts.

Make sure ya have a sledge hammer or something with some mass for the wheel studs. Claw hammers just don't pack enough mass to get the studs safely dislodged in my limited experience.

Making progress!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

Thanks! I have a 3lb mini sledge that I use when I'm angry at parts. Think that will do the trick? Or should I be looking for more brute force?
    ~Stan

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Hold_Fast View Post
    Thanks! I have a 3lb mini sledge that I use when I'm angry at parts. Think that will do the trick? Or should I be looking for more brute force?
    I'd say that'd be more than sufficient. Following a night shift a while back, I was trying to replace a wheel stud. I smacked the sucker for a good 15 whacks with a claw hammer before realizing I would wake my whole neighborhood up. Disgusted, on my way upstairs, I found about a 4lb sledge sitting in the tray... staring me down. I picked it up... just a light little tap and the stud went flying. Physics 101
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

So I had some extreme procrastination due to:

- Fiance wanted to go out Friday
    - Went to Philly for a show Saturday and hung out with some friends til the wee hours of the morning, which led to...
    - Doing absolutely nothing on Sunday

So I got everything put back together and torqued down, but I didn't get to touch the wheel studs. I took off Friday, so I'll get it tackled on the neighbors lift then. Dropping off the permit application for the new garage as well.
    ~Stan

So yeah, this weekend isn't looking good for me.

Saturday is one year anniversary with the GF...and Sunday, I actually have to work on my own car
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter

Extreme lack in updating on my part, but then again, I have also been very unproductive the past couple of weeks. The weather has sucked, I'm tired of working in the gravel driveway and getting eaten alive by mosquito's, and trying to get some work done around the house has sucked. So, to try and get rid of almost all of those issues (house work will never end), I've been dedicating what little free time I've had to getting the ball rolling on the garage.

Already went through round 1 of permit application. Had to do some redesign, but I'll hopefully re-apply with this:

Had to downsize from 20'x30' to 18'x24'. With the space lost, I'll be putting in a 2 post lift so I can at least store 2 cars in the garage. the concrete pad will be extended out so I can work on concrete if I'm lazy, don't shimmy cars in the driveway, and want to pull something up and work on it.

The only progress I've actually made is running up to PMP Autoparts and grabbing 4 sedan hubs. This will accomplish two things:

1. make it easier to swap wheel studs.
    2. moar camber, since my coils were meant for a sedan.

Not 100% sure when I'll get them in, but I'll see how motivated I get this week....
    ~Stan

Hope all goes well with the garage this time around!
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

Are you going to have a tire mounting machine in your garage?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruh Roh View Post
    Hope all goes well with the garage this time around!
    Thanks buddy! I'm ready to get this damn thing done.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Are you going to have a tire mounting machine in your garage?
    Future plans, yes. Now that the car is 95% complete, I'll have some "extra" funds to make some tool purchases. I also figure I'll recoup the money in a few years of mounting/balancing (if the balancer fits) my own stuff, plus doing some for friends on the side.

Suprisingly, this stuff isn't toooo crazy expensive. What I want:

Lift: Atlas 9KBP

Nice thing is, I can probably pay for the lift with the money I'll save in the material for extending the driveway and in making the garage smaller.

Tire & balancer combo, If I can make both fit: COMBO - TC221 + WB11

EDIT: Making the garage smaller saved me $1200.
    Last edited by Hold_Fast; 07-15-2013 at 11:53 AM.
    ~Stan

Welp, I now know items to add to my garage when I build one. Thanks a lot for making my dreams more expensive

Welcome.
    ~Stan

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.