Hold_Fast's ESP/SM/AutoX/Track build. Because race car. - Page 16
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

This is a discussion on Hold_Fast's ESP/SM/AutoX/Track build. Because race car. within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Well, look what we have here... 275/35/18 Hoosier A6's will be here Monday. Mmm, Meaty. Now, to make them fit! ...

Well, look what we have here...

275/35/18 Hoosier A6's will be here Monday. Mmm, Meaty. Now, to make them fit!

Big props to PnP Autogroup for giving me a great deal on these bad boys! Pete is the man!
    ~Stan
    '04 WRB WRX Wagon (Build) - Hard Parked, AutoX Toy
    '08 WRX ~ Daily Beaten ~ '86 BMW 325es ~ "The Chump"

"I was raised knowing there is a replacement for displacement, it's called engineering."

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

And if anyone is interested in my current autox wheels, let me know. I'll be selling the 18x8 MB Motorsports w/ 245/35/18 A6's in the near future.

~Stan

"I was raised knowing there is a replacement for displacement, it's called engineering."

I want the torques lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

For srs?
    ~Stan

Did an oil change on car wagon, and it turned into the adventure of:

1. Finding/fixing a vacuum leak that has been annoying the crap out of me me.
    2. Finding out my turbo blew an oil seal, and is now smokin' oil like cray.
    3. Seeing that the catch cans are actually working. Literally no oil in the intercooler. Very happy about that.

Bad turbo was discovered after I started the car back up and was greeted by a smoke screen. It's been smoking a little more than usual, so I figured it was inevitable, but it got bad really quick. Pulled the turbo inlet, and it does have a bit of shaft play too. Final nail in the coffin was looking up at the uppipe to see this:

Oil literally dripping from the uppipe flange, and all over the bottom of the hot side. So it looks like I'll be swapping turbos next weekend instead of racing at Dover. But better now than later!
    ~Stan

Sorry to hear about your misfortune, but what turbo are you going with?

Quote Originally Posted by Hold_Fast View Post
    For srs?
    yes i want them but cant afford them at the moment lol. no more mods for me after tune...until car is paid off lol.
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

Quote Originally Posted by A265 View Post
    Sorry to hear about your misfortune, but what turbo are you going with?
    Just a used TD04. Can't upgrade the turbo and stay in my current autox class unfortunately. Would bump me to street modified (AKA spend more), and I don't have the $$$$$$$ to make it be competitive in that class. So $150 + some new gaskets and I should be back up and running.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruh Roh View Post
    yes i want them but cant afford them at the moment lol. no more mods for me after tune...until car is paid off lol.
    Well let me know. I'll probably have em' for a little while.
    ~Stan

Stan, you should look into the 19T wheel upgrade like Bill had. Still the stock turbo per say...just a better flowing wheel
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Stan, you should look into the 19T wheel upgrade like Bill had. Still the stock turbo per se...just a better flowing wheel
    Fixored.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I have thought about that, and I wish I could. But the rules are along the lines of "no turbo modifications, including porting, polishing, and coating". Sucks but thems the rules.

If I wasn't trying to be more competitive, I would do it, since no one would really know unless they saw this thread. But if I'm trying to hang with the top dawgs, I want it to be because I'm a kick ass driver, not a couple extra HP I got outta breakin the rules.

Something something good sportsmanship something. Mustang's are slow anyway.
    ~Stan

I admire the honesty though, so that's cool.

What if you add a VF39? They are stock...just not on your car. So it's not a modification
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

The problem is that it wasn't stock or a dealer option on the WRX, so still no dice. If they had switched to it in '06 or something, then I could do it. But alass, no such luck.

The 275/35/18 Hoosier's came in last night along with some ARP wheel studs. I have a feeling I'm going to need a 5-10mm spacer to make these fit, but I won't know till I get them mounted. Decided to just get the ARP's now incase I need them, since there apparently is a national backorder on them.

The weather outlook for the rest of the week is pretty grim, so planning around the rain:

Tonight: See if I can squeeze in a quick compression test after I walk my wolves and if the weather holds out.
    Wednesday: Mount and balance tires on the new wheels.
    Thurday: Go to PmP Autogroup (my main man Pete!) and grab a turbo.
    Friday: Test fit wheels and tires, order spacers as needed.
    Saturday: Rage on some turbo swap and beers, hoping the weather is nice and I can steal my neighbors lift/air tools to make life easier.

Loooong week.
    ~Stan

Well, I'm on track so far. Got the compression test wrapped up in about an hour. I didn't take the car for a ride since the turbo was literally burning oil, so I would consider this a "warm" test, as the oil pressure only got to 50psi. Results:

#1: 138
    #2: 143
    #3: 140
    #4: 149

A little close to the +/- 7% rule, but I'll keep an eye on it. Probably do one after the turbo is fixed and a few more autox's.

Plugs and coil packs pulled, all the plugs looked pretty good:

Order I did it in: #2

Tires and wheels are loaded up to be mounted tomorrow. I did throw a bare wheel on, and I'm definitely gonna need at least a 15mm spacer. So I'll probably get a fat stack of washers and see where 15mm worth of washers gets me. Till tomorrow!
    ~Stan

I Support ClubWRX
    Good call on the T-Bolt clamps by the way . Those suckers are great compared to the worm clamps if you get them in the correct size.

Good to hear the compression test results passed. I'm a bit worried to do mine next time, ha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.