Hold_Fast's ESP/SM/AutoX/Track build. Because race car. - Page 15
Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

This is a discussion on Hold_Fast's ESP/SM/AutoX/Track build. Because race car. within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; What are you up to on sunday? https://www.motorsportreg.com/index....B#.UYGStMUlq2s 47 people is barely anyone, so chances are (unless a **** ton ...

What are you up to on sunday?

https://www.motorsportreg.com/index....B#.UYGStMUlq2s

47 people is barely anyone, so chances are (unless a **** ton of people randomly show up) tons of runs are to be had.
    ~Stan
    '04 WRB WRX Wagon (Build) - Hard Parked, AutoX Toy
    '08 WRX ~ Daily Beaten ~ '86 BMW 325es ~ "The Chump"

"I was raised knowing there is a replacement for displacement, it's called engineering."

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'd be afraid of my car falling apart if I did actually race though. I'm not prepped at all, and I've never done it before. Plus, doesn't it cost loot?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

1. You can drive as hard or as slow as you want, and if I haven't broken something, I highly doubt you'd break anything. And trust me, I've seen people drive VERY slow. It's no big deal to go easy.

2. Ricer kids that leak oil and gas everywhere show up to the north jersey ones, you'll be fine. Prep isn't required, only painters tape for numbers and class marking.

3. I, or any other SCCA member with 2+ years experience can ride along with you to help you see where you are going (they really encourage this for first timers). Plus if you get there early, I'll walk it with you after I change tires.

4. $50, make you holla. $40 if you are SCCA member.

https://www.motorsportreg.com/index....E31D3121CE2EBB
    Last edited by Hold_Fast; 05-01-2013 at 04:41 PM.
    ~Stan

"I was raised knowing there is a replacement for displacement, it's called engineering."

I don't have $50 approval from the ol budget office in this pay period, but I think it would be awesome if we planned a small clubdub hangout at one of these sometime in the next few months. Just would need a bit of advance notice.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

~Stan

I wouldn't be able to do the June one. Just sayin.
    - Will

Fiiiinnnee. August it is then!
    ~Stan

That's really cool Stan. I'd love to take up that offer sometime. Same with my budget this pay period...but the June one actually is looking alright for me and Warminster obviously isn't too far away. Do I need a helmet (I have one at parents if so)?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    I wouldn't be able to do the June one. Just sayin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    That's really cool Stan. I'd love to take up that offer sometime. Same with my budget this pay period...but the June one actually is looking alright for me and Warminster obviously isn't too far away. Do I need a helmet (I have one at parents if so)?
    - Will

Never said I couldn't do the August one...

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post

Yeah, you'll need a helmet Mikie. They do have loaners for free as well, they're only one season old too! But other than that, you don't need anything else. You can register for the event using the links above, just need to sign up for motorsportsreg.com. If you wanna come out to the June one, let me know. I'll definitely be there both days.

In other news, I ordered some fender flares and spoke to my tire guy about tires.. The path to 285/30/18 Hoosier's has commenced! They are meant for a Mk2 VW, but a few guys on nasioc made them fit pretty well. Close enough for me anyway.

Flares: APTuning.com - Automotive Performance Tuning - MK2 Fender flare Set

NASIOC post with these flares and 17x9's: NASIOC - View Single Post - Fender flare awesomeness

Now I just need wheels! And to figure out what I want to do with the two sets I currently have...
    ~Stan

keep me updated on which yall pick. id like to go.
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

Those are gonna look good!

Yeah, for $45 plus a few cans of WRB paint from GrimmSpeed, I don't think you can really beat it. I'll make sure to document to do a decent write up. Just gotta figure out how I'm gonna get them on there once they come in.

Don't need moar low, need moar meat.
    ~Stan

Had a BLAST at Warminster today. Course was awesome, talked to some great suby people. And made some improvements in my driving with the extra fun runs we did (9 in total). I REALLY cleaned it up on my last runs compared to the video below.

Best timed run: 40.055
    Best unofficial run: 39.15X (WHY WASN'T I DRIVING LIKE THIS EARLIER?? ran through my head)

Place: 1/2 ESP
    PAX: 40/126

~Stan