Hold_Fast's ESP/SM/AutoX/Track build. Because race car. - Page 13
Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Hold_Fast's ESP/SM/AutoX/Track build. Because race car. within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Mikie13 Looks like you typed that up after slugging some NO-Xplode too Glad progress is looking good, ...

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Looks like you typed that up after slugging some NO-Xplode too

Glad progress is looking good, now post pics damnit!

BTW...that stuff is my go to pre-workout. I love it. I also like to take it in mornings at work...I hate coffee, so I need some sort of pick-me-up, and it does the trick. I bounce off of walls for about 3 or 4 hours and get a lot of **** done
    Thanks Mikie. I was pumped up off squatting my ****ing face off, probably not the best time to write a post. I've been doing my best to stay away from the creatine though, sticking to amino acid + caffeine energy combo. Works pretty well actually. I typically do the same, and use it as a little morning pick-me-up to get the day rolling, and like you said, rage on some work.

And, as requested, a nice driveway shot.

As you can see, I took the decals off the hood for the detail, and removed the "TIRF RACK" off the windshield for obvious reasons. I'll get some more pictures when I get it all riced up this weekend. Still waiting on word from TiC on the JRZ's.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruh Roh View Post
    hahahaha do you even wrench bro???
    Bro, DO YOU??? Gotta get my pump on when I can.
    ~Stan
    '04 WRB WRX Wagon (Build) - Hard Parked, AutoX Toy
    '08 WRX ~ Daily Beaten ~ '86 BMW 325es ~ "The Chump"

"I was raised knowing there is a replacement for displacement, it's called engineering."

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Didn't get much work done on the car this weekend. Took the opportunity to get some much needed yard work done with the beautiful weather. Also broke my craftsman torque wrench, so didn't want to get into anything before getting a new one. This arrived today:

GearWrench 85054 1/2-Inch Drive Micrometer Torque Wrench 20-250 ft lb - Amazon.com

Spent a little time finding a level spot in my gravel driveway to do a quick alignment check/adjustments tomorrow. Counting the days till I can start work on my garage...

Once I finish getting everything set, I'll be ready for the test and tune up at the Meadowlands on Saturday. All that is left to do before the NJ ProSolo is slap all my decals on.

OH, and it looks like my JRZ's MIGHT get here next week. Only 5 weeks late, thanks TiC.
    ~Stan

"I was raised knowing there is a replacement for displacement, it's called engineering."

Good lord...that torque wrench is a monster!

I finally got the diff bushings and outrigger bushings done on my car this past weekend. Holy hell what a difference! Most of my clunk is gone. I still get some at really low speeds, but basic driving and shifting doesn't piss me off to high hell anymore! That makes Mikie happy.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

That torque wrench is a beast. Used it last night while I was playing with the rear camber bolts, and it's a nice tool. Made in 'Merica too, so I would recommend it.

Good to hear you got the diff and outrigger bushings done. It's amazing what a difference a few bushings can make, right? Everything go smoothly for ya?

But I didn't bother playing with the alignment too much last night. While I was messing with the rear camber and saw that I got an email from Tony @ TiC with the tracking number for the JRZ's. They will be here Friday, as in tomorrow.

Now, do I stay up late on Friday night over at my neighbors (he has a freaking lift) and get the JRZ's on in time for the test and tune on Saturday? That is the question....
    ~Stan

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Hold_Fast View Post
    That torque wrench is a beast. Used it last night while I was playing with the rear camber bolts, and it's a nice tool. Made in 'Merica too, so I would recommend it.

Good to hear you got the diff and outrigger bushings done. It's amazing what a difference a few bushings can make, right? Everything go smoothly for ya?

But I didn't bother playing with the alignment too much last night. While I was messing with the rear camber and saw that I got an email from Tony @ TiC with the tracking number for the JRZ's. They will be here Friday, as in tomorrow.

Now, do I stay up late on Friday night over at my neighbors (he has a freaking lift) and get the JRZ's on in time for the test and tune on Saturday? That is the question....
    Hrmmm. Possibly. How early is the test and tune?

I'm pretty jealous of those coils =P
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

Quote Originally Posted by Hold_Fast View Post

Don't need to tell you how "easy" it actually is to put coilovers on...so I'd say do it!

And yes things actually did go pretty smoothly, except for trying to remove the bushings out of the mount themselves. TiC's website suggested setting the mount on a large socket, and putting it on the ground, then stepping on it. What they don't tell you is 240lbs is more than plenty to bend the mount itself. Oops. So luckily we were able to bend it back for the most part. I was worried about breaking the welds though cause the mount is actually pretty flimsy looking when you get down to it! So the second bushing, I just drilled multiple holes in it with a power drill until it was weak and was able to just pop it out.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Well, just checked the event page on Motorsports Reg, and apparently it filled up since I looked on Tuesday (only 57 people???) and there is now a wait list. I sent an email over, so we'll see what happens. Worst case, I have time to put the coils on Friday still (yeah, I know, it should only take an hour, but I would rather be drinking beer on Friday), then I'll make the long drive down to dover for a Philly SCCA event. Just hate to do the drive...

Good to hear Mikie. I think I went with your second route when I did mine (the mount laughed at me and my 150lbs). Pretty flimsy is right though, welds look like **** too. I'm suprised they don't break more often.
    ~Stan

Well crisis averted. Looks like I'll be rubbing elbows with some Porsche high rollers. Signed up for this instead:

https://www.motorsportreg.com/index....474E5C12FD05EE

Same lot and course designer that'll be doing the NJ ProSolo on the 20th-21st. So all is well. I can drink beer AND have my coilovers too.
    ~Stan

Your living the life, coilovers and beer.

Quote Originally Posted by A265 View Post
    Your living the life, coilovers and beer.
    You know it. Just hoping the weather gets a little better so I can actually do work tonight. It's supposed to be pretty nice on saturday anyway, so I'm not too worried.

Just signed up for the DC ProSolo.

https://www.motorsportreg.com/index....9166F4F4C7FFAC
    ~Stan

It was like Christmas day, except warmer and no annoying relatives...

Welcome home sweet, sweet suspension...

Then race time. Definitely glad I went and got some seat time before next weekend. Still getting adjusted to the new bits, but overall, didn't do too bad. Still tons more seat time to go.

Was 6th out of 25 non Porsche's (yep, they are separatists). Some long time veterans are still a lot faster than me (plus they have shelby mustangs and lotus elise's).
    ~Stan

Must go change my pants now, those coilovers look killer.

what coilover setup was on for that auto x? since just got those new ones and selling the teins?
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

also great driving, i really need to go to one. i think id have a reallyyyy hard time remebering where to turn..
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

Quote Originally Posted by A265 View Post
    Must go change my pants now, those coilovers look killer.
    is about right. I opened the box and was like

what coilover setup was on for that auto x? since just got those new ones and selling the teins?
    The JRZ's were on it for that event. Got them on Saturday morning, took them for a spin and adjust the ride height, raced yesterday, selling the Tein's today.

also great driving, i really need to go to one. i think id have a reallyyyy hard time remebering where to turn..
    Thanks buddy. If you ever want to journey down to Warminster, let me know. Or I could come out by you if there is an event coming up, just let me know. I typically only keep track of the NNJ and Philly autox's, but I could make it out.

And you'd get the hang of it. Walk the course a few times, then have someone ride along for the first few runs. It gets easier and easier as you go and get used to looking ahead.
    ~Stan