Subaru WRX Forum banner

Hold_Fast's ESP/SM/AutoX/Track build. Because race car.

63K views 404 replies 23 participants last post by  A265 
#1 · (Edited)
Hold_Fast's ESP/SM/AutoX/Track build. Procastination racing.

I figured it's time to finally get a build thread going to keep track of my progress and keep myself motivated to get work done to the car. It is officially no longer my DD, so I've decided to start driving it like it's meant to be. With a few autox events under my belt, I'm going to start getting more prepared for next season in ESP and to start doing some HPDE's.

Now with more F Prepared goodness.

2004 WRX wagon - Gutted and lightened

Sponsors: Me

POWER
EJ255 w/ intake AVCS disabled
Borg Warner EFR6758 w/ 46mm restrictor
Tons of Heat Wrap

Driveline
Trans built by Rallispec, all the diffs, all the bushings

Brakes
Big light ones

Wheels
2 sets of 18x9.5" with 275/35/18 Hoosier A6's

See less See more
1 1
#388 ·
Took her out to Philly region's second event of the year. The car suuuuure does boogie. 1st run resulted in popping a rear axle out of the diff, so I fixed that quick and got back to it. My co-driver and I put down some pretty terrible times, much to learn on this new setup. We'll see how next weekend goes at the pro.

But of course, she has to give me something to work on. List to do before the Pro this weekend:

- Change oil
- Pull passenger side axle, replace the oil seal (which I actually have on hand!)
- Determine if new axle is needed (ordering one anyway)
- New diff fluid

Hopefully be ready to go. Just need to actually drive the damn thing. :cool:

#390 ·
She moves, that's for sure. I just need to get better at keeping my foot in the gas.

From this weekend:

#391 ·
Took the car out to Metlife stadium for the NJ ProSolo this weekend. I knew going into it that the class I'm in (R2 for Pro's) would have some top quality drivers in it, so my expectations weren't high. The real benefit was getting 12 runs in over the course of the weekend, getting more comfortable/trusting the car, and figuring out some suspension tweaks that need to be made.

Oh, and also finding out that the car weighs 2762lbs with a nearly full tank of gas. :eek3: Minimum weight is 2700, so I need to be careful with what I delete from here on out and add balast as needed (have some creative ways to do this already :)).

I'll pull some runs off my gopro tonight and post them up. On to figuring out motion ratio's and seeing if I can get my hands on some scales.

#393 ·
Can't believe it's been so long since I posted. Life's been crazy between projects around the house and this little guy:

But the car has been running well. Starting to get my list together of minor upgrades for next year. I'll only be doing three things:

- Reducing/redistributing weight (now have corner weight scales to do so)
- Getting the ride height and suspension geometry where it needs to be, more on this later.
- Re-tune with a different tuner to see if what can be done to make better boost and a little more power (Four port EBCS, optimize the restrictor, etc).

Back to the little guy. :cool:

#395 ·
Saw the new addition on FB! Congrats dude!

Check out JR at Prime over in NJ...that's where you should get a tune from :)

#398 ·
Congrats to you too!

I'll have to reach out to him and see what he can do. Thanks for the recommendation Mikie.

#397 ·
Thanks guys. :beerchug: He'll be ready for a meat soon, so if anything is coming up, let me know!

On another note, to do some optimizations with the turbo inlet restrictor design, I'll be going rotated. If anyone is interested in my Full Race stock location DP & UP, let me know!

FS: (For Sale) Full Race Stock Location EFR DP & Uppipe - NASIOC

#399 ·
Oh hai guys! :wave:

Just poking my head in. Car is making loud noises again. Now with 399whp/400wtq and launch control!

Not sure if this link will work for launch control: https://instagram.com/p/BDlK29tPGnz/

:beerchug:

#402 ·
I'm pretty excited to take it for a spin. We are signed up for a test and tune on 4/10.

Torque for days! You're still on the 5mt?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
:cool: I am, but I do have gears in it to hold the power. You all set for the season? I'll be at most of the philly events and 2 DC events, let me know if I'll see you.

#404 ·
Agreed on that. Need to get some data logging stuff setup so I can see what speeds I'm able to hit in second gear.

Will you be at any of the Philly SCCA events this year?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.