Hold_Fast's ESP/SM/AutoX/Track build. Because race car. - Page 10
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Hold_Fast's ESP/SM/AutoX/Track build. Because race car. within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Upgrades. A friend of mine runs a shop called PMP Auto Specialties (PMPautogroup on NASIOC), mainly dealing with used subaru ...

Upgrades. A friend of mine runs a shop called PMP Auto Specialties (PMPautogroup on NASIOC), mainly dealing with used subaru parts. He is helping me out and giving me a great deal on a low mileage rear diff and a new 1.5 way Carbonetics R160. I bought my used EJ255 from him as well, great guy.

And I'm still waiting on the coils. Hoping to have a tracking number in the next few days. *fingers crossed*

Any plans for the spring?
    ~Stan
    '04 WRB WRX Wagon (Build) - Hard Parked, AutoX Toy
    '08 WRX ~ Daily Beaten ~ '86 BMW 325es ~ "The Chump"

"I was raised knowing there is a replacement for displacement, it's called engineering."

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

[QUOTE=Hold_Fast;2989918]Upgrades. A friend of mine runs a shop called PMP Auto Specialties (PMPautogroup on NASIOC), mainly dealing with used subaru parts. He is helping me out and giving me a great deal on a low mileage rear diff and a new 1.5 way Carbonetics R160. I bought my used EJ255 from him as well, great guy.
    [QUOTE]

+1 for Pete. Have gotten many parts like turboback, sways, endlinks from him. Great prices as well. Plan on getting a motor and trans from him when mine finally goes. :/
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

Yeah, Pete is a great dude. $50 for a used diff. How could I not get one to make the swap easier?

And counting the days till immenent destruction Mark?
    ~Stan

"I was raised knowing there is a replacement for displacement, it's called engineering."

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Hold_Fast View Post
    Upgrades. A friend of mine runs a shop called PMP Auto Specialties (PMPautogroup on NASIOC), mainly dealing with used subaru parts. He is helping me out and giving me a great deal on a low mileage rear diff and a new 1.5 way Carbonetics R160. I bought my used EJ255 from him as well, great guy.

And I'm still waiting on the coils. Hoping to have a tracking number in the next few days. *fingers crossed*

Any plans for the spring?
    Ah, good stuff.

No plans for the spring for me. I am closing on my house March 15th it seems, so the car budget will be pretty low.

I do have my air pump delete plates, TGV delete plates, and a hard turbo inlet waiting for install. Will break in the new garage with that install most likely =).
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

Yeah, Pete is a great dude. $50 for a used diff. How could I not get one to make the swap easier?

And counting the days till immenent destruction Mark?
    haha kinda looking forward to a trans and engine upgrade but itll be a while lol.
    Marky Mark
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography

Quote Originally Posted by Heide264 View Post
    Ah, good stuff.

No plans for the spring for me. I am closing on my house March 15th it seems, so the car budget will be pretty low.

I do have my air pump delete plates, TGV delete plates, and a hard turbo inlet waiting for install. Will break in the new garage with that install most likely =).
    Congrats on the big purchase! Sounds like some good upgrades to break 'er in. I'm finally recovered from mine this past June. Only problem is, it doesn't have a garage. But after talking to my neighbors over a few beers, who are much handyer than me, looks like I may get something done this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruh Roh View Post
    haha kinda looking forward to a trans and engine upgrade but itll be a while lol.
    Dreams of 6 speed and EJ257?
    ~Stan

u got it lol
    Marky Mark
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography

Alright, it's gonna be a busy week or two, so I'm going to try and stay on top of updates. What's going on:

- Picked up a used rear diff from PMPautogroup
    - Carbonetics 1.5 way LSD will be here Tuesday
    - Motul fluid will be here sometime around Wednesday

I'll be taking the viscous unit out of the diff I picked up this weekend so I can throw the new diff in before Saturday, 3/16.

- Tein Monoflex's are on their way back from the factory. They are for sale, so if anyone is interested, let me know. I'll post a FS thread once they get here on Thursday.
    - JRZ's are running behind schedule for the factory. TiC should have them soon. I'm just hoping they get here by Friday.

If all goes as planned, I'll have the rear diff and suspension ready for install on Saturday. Then align it, break in the diff, then do a test and tune with the Philly SCCA on the 17th. Might be close.

ALSO, when I swung by PMP autoparts to grab the diff, Pete and I were BS'ing and he just so happens to have a set of aluminum front control arms from a 06'/07' TR laying around (legal for my class). So that will be on the list of parts to get on the car.

I'm pumped to actually drive the car. GET ER DONE.
    ~Stan

Welp, already snapped a couple bolt heads off the axle bearing holders. Time to learn bolt extraction... Or just buy another diff for cheap.
    ~Stan

New diff and some Motul fluid will be here today.

Placed an order for some thread taps (I'm sure I'll need to clean up the threads by the time this is done), left hand drill bits, and bolt extractors. Should be here Wednesday.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that I can actually get these things out and not mangle the diff...
    ~Stan

Welp, already snapped a couple bolt heads off the axle bearing holders. Time to learn bolt extraction... Or just buy another diff for cheap.
    Stan... I'm going to buy you a torch.

Come grab another if you need it!

Quote Originally Posted by pmpautogroup View Post
    Stan... I'm going to buy you a torch.

Come grab another if you need it!
    I have one! But those 3 bolt heads just sheared right off. I'm not too worried though. I have a resourceful neighbor who also has welders, torches, etc, so I may just end up going that route. But you'll be the first to know if I screw something up.

In other news, everything rear diff related came today:

Straight from Japan (literally)

Gaskets, oil, spare bolts (thinking ahead for once)

And decided to go OCD on the Monoflex's to get them ready to sell. Cleaned up the top hats, spring perches, collars, lower mounts and springs. Just a before and after of the top spring perch to flex my OCD muscle.

The battle will continue with the rear diff tomorrow most likely. Until then, patiently awaiting a tracking number from TiC. But as of now, I'm not keeping my hopes up for the season warm up on the 17th.
    ~Stan

Looking good!

I may have to hit you up if it ever comes to needing to replace my rear diff!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I might even have a garage to help you work on it! But if I do get one soon, you're more than welcome to come up and tackle some projects. I'm not that far outside of Filthadelphia.
    ~Stan

I'm always down for doing stuff. Me and Zach (Spirited09wrx) are always doing work on our cars together, but usually at my parents house, which is plenty adequate since I've acquired good tools and stuff haha.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying