Kronos Performance's Motor Build (Yes, an actual motor build) - Page 2
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Kronos Performance's Motor Build (Yes, an actual motor build) within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Why are the heads blue?...

I Support ClubWRX
    Why are the heads blue?
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    Why are the heads blue?
    5 more horsepower with wrb heads lol

Previous owner did it...dont ask me why

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! www.kronosperformance.com sales@kronosperformance.com Call/Text 732-742-8837 We Offer a Military Discount
    Our Facebook | Our Twitter | Our Instagram | Our Pinterest
    Our featured brands
    RALLY ARMOR | BC RACING | PERRIN | MISHIMOTO | GRIMMSPEED

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by KronosPerformance View Post
    So we got the block in today

Very nice! (Borat voice intended)

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    Thanks

ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! www.kronosperformance.com sales@kronosperformance.com Call/Text 732-742-8837 We Offer a Military Discount
    Our featured brands

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    Thanks

Our featured brands

I Support ClubWRX
    werd

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I Support ClubWRX
    UPDATE!

There is good news and bad news...

BAD NEWS: So, when I bought the cams, they were used and never really got a chance to check them out. Been very busy lately. Well after thoroughly examining them with the help of my buddy Jeff, they're complete crap. So basically, a few hundred down the toilet.
    I am going to have to buy brand new camshafts but at least this time around, I won't get 272 Camshafts, I'll be going for a higher profile that will be easier to support the 8K-8.5K Revving capability that I'm looking for.

GOOD NEWS: The crankshaft that I had bought before was used and I knew that it came off a vehicle with rod knock (got it really cheap) and thought it might be able to be saved and reusable by bringing it to a machine shop. Well, thats complete crap too. I ordered a brand new EJ20 Crankshaft from Subaru and a Grimmspeed Crank Pulley.

Crankshaft is covered in some oily substance so I didn't take it fully out of its package for the picture.

Parts to order now are Rods, Bearings (after taking it to a machine shop for measuring), ARP Head Studs, Gaskets, Seals and other maintenance stuff. The CP Pistons are on special order and should be here probably next week.
    Our featured brands

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by KronosPerformance
    BAD NEWS: So, when I bought the cams, they were used and never really got a chance to check them out. Been very busy lately. Well after thoroughly examining them with the help of my buddy Jeff, they're complete crap. So basically, a few hundred down the toilet.
    I am going to have to buy brand new camshafts but at least this time around, I won't get 272 Camshafts, I'll be going for a higher profile that will be easier to support the 8K-8.5K Revving capability that I'm looking for.
    Sorry to hear. It may have been mentioned, but what turbo are you going with that will continue to flow at 8-8.5K?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Sorry to hear. It may have been mentioned, but what turbo are you going with that will continue to flow at 8-8.5K?

Right now the plan is mainly to get the motor up and running and tuned. I'm currently running an 18G in the 18 PSI range. Because the setup I'm aiming for isn't too common, I'm not sure how much pressure I would need created to have the power that I'm aiming for (which honestly is in the 380-400 area) with the higher compression, ported heads and higher profile camshaft. The 18G may not do it efficiently...it may. Right now I'm just staying with the current Turbo setup that I have right now. If it doesn't work, then I'll upgrade to a 20G or FP Green, something of that nature. I have a very good fuel system setup right now (650 CC Injectors, Boomba Rails, Large Fuel Lines and Walbro Fuel Pump) and no where close to maxing them out right now. I'm in the 330 AWHP Range right now fyi.
    Our featured brands

I Support ClubWRX
    My $.02...

None of those turbos will be making power in that range. If you're not willing to go rotated 35r or larger, I'd lower your rev goal...

2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    My $.02...

None of those turbos will be making power in that range. If you're not willing to go rotated 35r or larger, I'd lower your rev goal...

We will see. I'm not saying you're wrong or that I'm right...its going to be an experience to see what happens. I'm not afraid of going rotated but right now thats not the focus.
    Our featured brands

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    To get anything short of a HTA Green to that power you're going to need to change fuel sources. e85 or meth injection would be good, although you will need much larger injectors to get that amount of power on e85. Honestly, you're going to need more injector to make that power on 93 octane.

With race gas, e85, or meth injection I'd say you're going to need ~49lb/min turbo to make that kind of power. On pump gas I would look at ~55lb/min turbos.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    To get anything short of a HTA Green to that power you're going to need to change fuel sources. e85 or meth injection would be good, although you will need much larger injectors to get that amount of power on e85. Honestly, you're going to need more injector to make that power on 93 octane.

With race gas, e85, or meth injection I'd say you're going to need ~49lb/min turbo to make that kind of power. On pump gas I would look at ~55lb/min turbos.
    That may be the case but like I said, the main focus isn't power at the moment...the focus is finishing the motor. The turbo, injector and other items I can do after the fact. It doesn't have to be 8000 RPMs right off the bat or 400 AWHP off the bat, its just a goal at the end. I feel that I may need meth injection eventually but right now, just want to finish the motor.
    Our featured brands

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah, definitely. And it's nice to have a good map already made for a break in tune. Then you can worry about the other stuff later.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    Yeah, definitely. And it's nice to have a good map already made for a break in tune. Then you can worry about the other stuff later.
    Yeah that will be taken care of. It will be dyno tuned as well.
    Our featured brands

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.