Lokey's 2011 WRX (SWP Hatch) - Page 8
Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Lokey's 2011 WRX (SWP Hatch) within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; have you read any of the reviews on the whiteline rca? just curious because it has terrible reviews.. maybe they ...

I Support ClubWRX
    have you read any of the reviews on the whiteline rca? just curious because it has terrible reviews.. maybe they have fixed the issue dating back to 2008..

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hey Lokey what's up bro, quick question for you man.

Just ordered the group N trans mount and crossmember bushings, did they make a noticeable difference in your opinion? Were they worth it?

Thanks man! Love your car btw, so clean and well chosen mods, keep it up!
    Justin ~ 2011 WRX (WRB Sedan) ~ 275whp/299wtq

Build Thread Beloww:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...-2011-wrx.html

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by T0rque View Post
    have you read any of the reviews on the whiteline rca? just curious because it has terrible reviews.. maybe they have fixed the issue dating back to 2008..
    I read a few before purchasing, and I don't recall seeing anything terribly negative. These were recommended to me by Agile after installing the lowering springs. People have to keep in mind that these are for a car that has been lowered (changes the suspension/steering geometry) and are experiencing bump steer. Just thinking out loud, but I could see where adding it to a stock suspension might even create excessive oversteer.
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Maher_WRX View Post
    Hey Lokey what's up bro, quick question for you man.

Just ordered the group N trans mount and crossmember bushings, did they make a noticeable difference in your opinion? Were they worth it?

Thanks man! Love your car btw, so clean and well chosen mods, keep it up!
    Yes, they were worth it; they really do firm up the driveline and get rid of that squishy/vague feeling you have coming out of shifts and rev matching. BUT, just so you're aware, they do add quite a bit of NVH. I can't say for sure if its these or the kartboy pitchstop mount, but one of them causes the center of my dash to rattle when sitting at idle. The rattle goes away when I put the clutch in, so logically, I'm thinking it's these.

Thank you so much for the compliments. I'll try to keep the mods coming, but they'll definitely be slowing down for a while.....the wife has turned the radar on.
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by lokey View Post
    Yes, they were worth it; they really do firm up the driveline and get rid of that squishy/vague feeling you have coming out of shifts and rev matching. BUT, just so you're aware, they do add quite a bit of NVH. I can't say for sure if its these or the kartboy pitchstop mount, but one of them causes the center of my dash to rattle when sitting at idle. The rattle goes away when I put the clutch in, so logically, I'm thinking it's these.

Thank you so much for the compliments. I'll try to keep the mods coming, but they'll definitely be slowing down for a while.....the wife has turned the radar on.
    Awesome man, yeah can't wait to install them on mine. If you have alot of rattles I heard that having only one or a few of the bushings/mounts upgraded you will get a lot of NVH. However, some people have said that after adding the engine mounts, rear subframe and rear diff bushings they say there is almost no increase at all. I guess once everything has been upgraded, the stiffer bushings/mounts no longer emphasizes the short comings of the old soft ones.

Oh snap, Greg's been put on a leash lmao jk bro, just have to be a little more devious when ordering parts from now on wish I had the money to pour into my car like you have man, hard to resist just running up the credit card haha
    Justin ~ 2011 WRX (WRB Sedan) ~ 275whp/299wtq

Build Thread Beloww:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...-2011-wrx.html

I Support ClubWRX
    Exactly. Once you've started swapping out bushings and mounts, it's hard to track down the blame. Like most, I've just accepted a bit of NVH for performance. The good news is that dash rattle and the infamous rear hatch rattle (that even stock cars get) are the only two I can hear over my exhaust. The one noise I'd love to tone down a bit is the Cobb SFI sucking sound.

No worries...even her short leash is longer than most wives' long ones. We don't use credit cards anymore, so it all comes from <deep sigh> joint...checking.

Greg

Build Thread

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by lokey
    The one noise I'd love to tone down a bit is the Cobb SFI sucking sound.
    EWG
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    EWG
    Oh, I know. + ELH. ...all in good time.

btw - Your sig still cracks me up.

Greg

Build Thread

I Support ClubWRX
    Oh, I know. + ELH. ...all in good time.
    Just buy her something shiny as well to shut her up

btw - Your sig still cracks me up.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    This - "Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

Greg

Build Thread

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Maher_WRX View Post
    Awesome man, yeah can't wait to install them on mine. If you have alot of rattles I heard that having only one or a few of the bushings/mounts upgraded you will get a lot of NVH. However, some people have said that after adding the engine mounts, rear subframe and rear diff bushings they say there is almost no increase at all. I guess once everything has been upgraded, the stiffer bushings/mounts no longer emphasizes the short comings of the old soft ones.
    FYI... http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/off-topic/134301802-what-pray-tell-sort-action-have-you-performed-upon-your-automobile-day-116.html#post2857919

Installed the group-n transmission mount. Very easy install. Took it for a test drive and will need to get used to the increased noise. It is not a lot but it is definitely noticeable. 5th gear seems to have a whine as you cruise but I think I am just been hyper-aware since I just did the install and am looking for noises to hear.

The positive is that the driveline feel is 1000x better and shifting is now the way it should be. I have the kartboy front and rear shifter bushings and a WC Lathe Werks Stainless knob (heavy) on the stock shifter and I think this is nearly perfect for what I want in a shifter. Since the knob is an inch shorter than the stock knob so it behaves a bit like a short shifter. The bushings plus this mount now make gear changes accurate and precise and much better than when it was stock. I can't wait to take it for a good test run this weekend.
    Last edited by lokey; 03-05-2012 at 11:29 AM.

Greg

Build Thread

Looks amazing. That baby seat is a mix of hilarious and brilliance.

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    This kind of build almost makes me want a new model.

Bish.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    This kind of build almost makes me want a new model.

Bish.
    Do it....do it! Corn fed (DW1000s) w/ 38mm EWG is in the works.

Greg

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by lokey View Post
    We don't use credit cards anymore, so it all comes from <deep sigh> joint...checking.
    Haha, I hear ya. I'll be in a better position to afford more serious mods in the near future. And no, its not a divorce!
    I have a low Reynolds number

TP Stage 1 - 2012 WRX Premium 5-Door SWP
    Pics!