Lokey's 2011 WRX (SWP Hatch) - Page 4
Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Lokey's 2011 WRX (SWP Hatch) within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by jpatt Super clean, and nice numbers! How are the Epics holding up on the stock struts? Thanks, ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jpatt View Post
    Super clean, and nice numbers!

How are the Epics holding up on the stock struts?

Thanks, man. The Epics are doing 'okay,' I guess. They make me feel a little vulnerable. I've hit some nasty holes and bottomed out (hit the bump stops) a few times. Though I don't really need to yet, I plan on installing the Konis very soon.
    Greg
    Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

lokey

love the ride. I am thinking TMIC and EBCS as well here in the next few months. First up will be brake lines and MBC brace.

but love the ri
    2011 OBP WRX::Invidia Catless DP::Cobb CAI::TP 93 STG2::KB STS::Perrin Sways::

Love your car bro!!! I see it running around from time to time!!!! Definitely a favorite of mine!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SRTSamb View Post
    lokey

love the ride. I am thinking TMIC and EBCS as well here in the next few months. First up will be brake lines and MBC brace.

but love the ri

Thanks a lot, man. The addition of the TMIC, EBCS, and protune has seriously changed this car and the way I feel about it. My mod bug is finally resting. :-)

As for the Grimmspeed Master Cylinder Brace, mine says "hi, i'm STILL here" to me everyday, as I pass by it sitting on my workbench. :-) Apparently, unless you're an infant octopus, it's a very tight and difficult install. Did you see my recent post about it? - "

Attempted to install Grimmspeed Master Cylinder Brace, only to find out that I'll need to completely reroute/move all of the Grimmspeed AOS lines to have even a remote chance of getting that thing in there. UGH.

Greg
    Build Thread

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Joe View Post
    Love your car bro!!! I see it running around from time to time!!!! Definitely a favorite of mine!!!
    Thanks a lot! Quite a few nice ones in the area, which one are you?
    Greg
    Build Thread

U.S. Combat Veteran (3ID) Stu_Gotti's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by lokey View Post
    Apparently, unless you're an infant octopus, it's a very tight and difficult install.
    Haha!

Looking good, dude... I just went Cobb OTS stage 2 and I'm checking out your progress.
    Clarke Tuned | Cobb SRI | Cobb DP | Nameless Mid-Pipe & Axleback | PW TMIC | DW65C | NGK2309 | SPT STS | RA Flaps w/Blue | Pro-Clip | KB Black Aluminum Shift Knob
    KB Front & Rear Shifter Bushings | 18x9.5 +40 Gunmetal Rota D wrapped in 265/35ZR-18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3
    Yakima Roof Rack Complete System w/ Highroller Bike Rack & Yakima Fairing | 35% Tint | Full Sound Dead | Kicker BassStation 2ea. 12" | Blue Prova Rearview

"I may appear calm, but in my head I've killed you three times."

Thanks a lot! Quite a few nice ones in the area, which one are you?
    Don't have one as of yet. I'm looking around still. I really like yours!!! Love the color!!! Wanna sell it??? LOL

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Joe View Post
    Don't have one as of yet. I'm looking around still. I really like yours!!! Love the color!!! Wanna sell it??? LOL
    LOL Thanks, man....not for sale just yet. :-)
    Greg
    Build Thread

It was worth a shot!!!!! I would like to maybe meet up and check your car out. I really want one but I want someone to shoot me straight about the pros/cons of owning one.

I Support ClubWRX
    No problem. PM me.
    Greg
    Build Thread

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Stu_Gotti View Post
    Haha!

Looking good, dude... I just went Cobb OTS stage 2 and I'm checking out your progress.
    Thanks, man. Other than the Grimmspeed uppipe with 44mm Tial EWG, my performance progress should be paused for a little bit. It's time for more work on suspension and braking.

So which CBE do you have saved to your Favorites? :-)
    Greg
    Build Thread

Thanks, man. Other than the Grimmspeed uppipe with 44mm Tial EWG, my performance progress should be paused for a little bit. It's time for more work on suspension and braking.
    This is the route I'm going currently

Im Currently stage 2 (DP, CBE and CAI) and definitely want the TMIC and EBCS. Which reminds me, how's the fitment on the PWTMIC? I've read that there have been issues with the Perrin

I've since installed F&R sways, 18s, springs, end links, bushings etc. STS and now want to drop in steel lines, and the GS MBC Brace

I didn't see your post. I did read from others that it's a ***** of an install. In my opinion if I can do the rear shifter bushings and steering rack bushings I can do anything. Hahaha!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SRTSamb View Post
    This is the route I'm going currently

Im Currently stage 2 (DP, CBE and CAI) and definitely want the TMIC and EBCS. Which reminds me, how's the fitment on the PWTMIC? I've read that there have been issues with the Perrin

I've since installed F&R sways, 18s, springs, end links, bushings etc. STS and now want to drop in steel lines, and the GS MBC Brace

I didn't see your post. I did read from others that it's a ***** of an install. In my opinion if I can do the rear shifter bushings and steering rack bushings I can do anything. Hahaha!
    Cool. Fitment for the PW TMIC is almost perfect...and I'm a pretty harsh judge. There is some play in the holes of the added brackets that comes in use when tightening it all down at the end. It's a fairly straightforward install. The bellhousing bolt (1 of 2 used to hold the supporting bracket) was the only frustrating part for me. That sucker is TIGHT. PB blaster and lateral force, it will go.

Oh, the rear shifter bushing...once the scars were gone from doing mine, I was stupid enough to help a friend with his, too. I finally just cut that heat shield off. I'm not even considering doing the steering rack bushings! :-0
    Greg
    Build Thread

Cool. Fitment for the PW TMIC is almost perfect...and I'm a pretty harsh judge. There is some play in the holes of the added brackets that comes in use when tightening it all down at the end. It's a fairly straightforward install. The bellhousing bolt (1 of 2 used to hold the supporting bracket) was the only frustrating part for me. That sucker is TIGHT. PB blaster and lateral force, it will go.

Oh, the rear shifter bushing...once the scars were gone from doing mine, I was stupid enough to help a friend with his, too. I finally just cut that heat shield off. I'm not even considering doing the steering rack bushings! :-0
    Haha I actually got my rear bushing off and on in 15 minutes. But that steering rack bushing set was a MFer!!! My 3 year old son helped too... So it took a bit longer.

I took my TMIC off once to install the pitch stop. Seems like it would be a straight forward install!

I Support ClubWRX
    LOL...yeah, my 3 year old "gives me a hand" here and there, too. Mommy won't let him under the car though.
    Greg
    Build Thread