Lokey's 2011 WRX (SWP Hatch) - Page 38
Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 28293031323334353637383940 LastLast

This is a discussion on Lokey's 2011 WRX (SWP Hatch) within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by lokey Thanks for lookin out bro. I knew I forgot to put something on Sent via Tapatalk ...

Quote Originally Posted by lokey View Post
    Thanks for lookin out bro. I knew I forgot to put something on

Sent via Tapatalk 4 for Android
    I got your back bro.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I might have missed this when I looked through for it, but what are your settings on the konis? I have mine at one turn from full soft and want to know if stiffening them up more is a reasonable idea. Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    -Noah

2009 Spark Silver Metallic Sedan - Stage 2+

Stink-Eye Mob #91

Help Me with My Build Thread : http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-sedan.html

I love the blacked out engine bay! That's exactly what I wanted to do to mine since the day I bought it lol
    Check out my projects:
    2013 SWP WRX Hatch
    Sworn To Remember

Most likely the clutch. I would be willing to bet on it. I went with the ACT HD Street, and L-O-V-E it. Here's a link to it - ACT Heavy Duty Performance Street Disc Clutch Kit Subaru Models (inc. 2006-2013 WRX / 2005-2009 Legacy GT) at RallySportDirect.com
    i got retuned when i had my EWG put in last week and the clutch slipped after adding a pound of boost and leaning it out a bit more, so we had to back it down to the previous pull of 349/366. oddly enough i havent gotten it to slip on the road yet, but i'm thinking it will be time for a new clutch soon.

how's the ACT HDSS holding up for you? still like it?
    2011 WRX Limited w/ Nav, Performance Auto Solutions Tuned by Dave - 349awhp 366 ft/lbs @ 19psi E85
    Enkei PF01s, AEM Intake, PW TMIC, TS Kompact BPV, Invidia Q300 Catless Turboback, GS EBCS
    GS Uppipe, Tial MV-S 38mm EWG, FIC 1100cc Injectors, DW DW65c FP, PTP Turbo Blanket, Zeitronix ECA Gauge
    AEM Wideband & Boost Gauges, SMY Cluster, SPT Short Throw Shifter/Bushing, Anarchy Motive Shift Knob, 30% Tint

For the first picture, how you get that black background in the back? I have never seen a parking lot that dark before lol did you photoshop it?

I Support ClubWRX
    Sorry for the super late replies, fellas.

Quote Originally Posted by wrx650 View Post
    I might have missed this when I looked through for it, but what are your settings on the konis? I have mine at one turn from full soft and want to know if stiffening them up more is a reasonable idea. Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    I am a half turn from full stiff in the front, full turn from full stiff in the rear. It's only harsh when it needs to be. Feel those turns. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Asharus View Post
    i got retuned when i had my EWG put in last week and the clutch slipped after adding a pound of boost and leaning it out a bit more, so we had to back it down to the previous pull of 349/366. oddly enough i havent gotten it to slip on the road yet, but i'm thinking it will be time for a new clutch soon.

how's the ACT HDSS holding up for you? still like it?
    The ACT HD was roasted by the corn. Too much torque (over 400), so ACT told me to pack sand. Exedy Twin Disc is in the works.

Quote Originally Posted by Initial D View Post
    For the first picture, how you get that black background in the back? I have never seen a parking lot that dark before lol did you photoshop it?
    My buddy is a photographer has one of those fancy-shmancy light kits.
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

Wow OK. ACT HD couldnt take 400+. You should consider a South Bend clutch. I've heard good things about their clutches and that's what I'm leaning towards now.

edit:

I forgot to mention I reached out to South Bend a few weeks ago regarding their Stage 3 Daily clutch. This is their response when I asked if their torque ratings are at the flywheel or at the tire and that the car slipped beyond 366 ft/lbs wheel torque.

The ratings are at the engine, however they are very conservative. The stg 3 Daily is a good choice and will definitely hold the power.
    Last edited by Asharus; 07-09-2014 at 01:23 PM.
    2011 WRX Limited w/ Nav, Performance Auto Solutions Tuned by Dave - 349awhp 366 ft/lbs @ 19psi E85
    Enkei PF01s, AEM Intake, PW TMIC, TS Kompact BPV, Invidia Q300 Catless Turboback, GS EBCS
    GS Uppipe, Tial MV-S 38mm EWG, FIC 1100cc Injectors, DW DW65c FP, PTP Turbo Blanket, Zeitronix ECA Gauge
    AEM Wideband & Boost Gauges, SMY Cluster, SPT Short Throw Shifter/Bushing, Anarchy Motive Shift Knob, 30% Tint

I Support ClubWRX
    Wow OK. ACT HD couldnt take 400+. You should consider a South Bend clutch. I've heard good things about their clutches and that's what I'm leaning towards now.

edit:

I forgot to mention I reached out to South Bend a few weeks ago regarding their Stage 3 Daily clutch. This is their response when I asked if their torque ratings are at the flywheel or at the tire and that the car slipped beyond 366 ft/lbs wheel torque.

The ratings are at the engine, however they are very conservative. The stg 3 Daily is a good choice and will definitely hold the power.
    Thanks. This car is to be parted out, starting next month, so I'll be putting a stock clutch back in.
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread

Thanks. This car is to be parted out, starting next month, so I'll be putting a stock clutch back in.
    wow really? so what's gonna be the new ride?

im considering a 2015 brostang GT myself

I Support ClubWRX
    wow really? so what's gonna be the new ride?

im considering a 2015 brostang GT myself
    Model S

Greg

Build Thread

I Support ClubWRX
    COMPLETE PART-OUT STARTS FRIDAY, AUGUST 1, 2014. IF YOU SEE ANYTHING YOU WANT, EMAIL ME @ greg.lokey@gmail.com

Greg

Build Thread

wow model s, baller!

How much you looking for the AP?

Also...would you be willing to sell just the splitter for the TMIC?

Also also...how much for the Cobb intake?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    How much you looking for the AP?

Also...would you be willing to sell just the splitter for the TMIC?

Also also...how much for the Cobb intake?
    For you, take the AP for $350 and the intake w/ box (w/ 2 Cobb filters, cleaner, and oil) for $200.

Greg

Build Thread

I Support ClubWRX
    wow model s, baller!
    When you do the no gas or engine maintenance math, it's actually not that bad...

Greg

Build Thread